Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Who went skiing during the holiday?
  • globalti
    Free Member

We watched the webcams and saw there was no snow in Europe so stayed at home. Tell me the snow was artificial, horribly icy, crowded and the clinics full of people with broken bones? Please!

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

a fair bit of snow here in Sweden, I had a great time. a few too many brits though 😆

Stoner
    Free Member

4 really v enjoyable days in Avoriaz before the crowds arrived for xmas week. The pistes were in very good condition given the snow was a month old. But deteriorated fast from xmas day onwards into ice/slush cycle.
    heading back at end of Jan for the powpow 🙂

RoterStern
    Free Member

We were in Fieberbrunn in Austria the week before Xmas (we left on Xmas Eve). They’d had about 15cm of snow the day before we arrived in the valley but pistes were all artificial snow. However they were well prepared and not icy at all and we had blue skies the whole week. Best of all we had the pistes to ourselves a lot of the time. 🙂

andytherocketeer

was in 3V the week before, but not icy as such (just a couple of patches at the bottom of last run of the day). much grippier snow than one might expect. of the open runs, only one black run had anything poking through.
    i hear it was not crowded either, probably because many people thought that because it hadn’t snowed in several days, the alps would be grass. their loss.

growinglad
    Free Member

Snowed here in Switzerland last night. Another load tomorrow and the day after….will be taking advantage this weekend 🙂

Edukator
    Free Member

Skied 6 days in the Pyrenees. Snow was fine above 1900m and there was a ribbon of artificial down into the resort at 1400m. Too warm to make artificial snow so there were more and more stones surfacing as the days went by. It was quieter than usual, junior only had work for four days between Christmas and New Year.

ben
    Free Member

Skied in Laax yesterday. Bit patchy and icy in places, but all in all I was impressed how well they’re doing with artificial.

Fresh snow this morning, so fingers crossed the snow continues to fall.

Where are you based Growinglad?

peachos
    Free Member

Spent the week between Xmas Eve & NYE in Morzine – rode up in Avoriaz 4 days out of the 6. Given it hasn’t snowed since Nov conditions were brilliant – so much open considering we were expecting just a few runs. Remarkable what they have done with the canons really. It was however nuts busy at times, especially 3-4pm when everyone was making their way down. We got a full PdS pass on our last day and headed over to Chatel side to try and avoid the crowds & it was much quieter.

Blue skies all week!

DaveP

Les Arcs from 15-23 december.
    Like you say, there was no natural snow low down.

However, I have skied in much worse conditions. There was very little hard packed snow (I think because the French stayed away because of the lack of natural snow).
    However, it was deteriorating such that New Year was probably a lot less fun.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Who went skiing during the holiday?’ is closed to new replies.