Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • who wears a vest?
  • alpin
    Free Member

Sitting waiting at the town hall and noticed how many blokes are wearing singlet vests under their shirts. It’s 33’C….

loddrik
    Free Member

I’m sorry to admit that I’ve just bought a vest for holiday. The wife is apoplectic!! It’s not a look I like but it’s just for around the pool. Will probably wear it in the garden after the holiday. Nothing worse than British abroad sporting vests and tattoos (though definitely don’t have any tattoos). Yuk!!

Never worn a vest under clothes though.

binners

ME! You shouldn’t wear anything over it though. It makes a statement…

scholarsgate
    Free Member

I used to where a vest when I worked in Oz. It kinda prevents the sweat marks.

_tom_
    Free Member

I have one which I bought specifically for wearing today actually. Getting my sleeve started and I don’t fancy going topless and getting my tits out for the whole tattoo studio and other clients to see. Other than this I would never wear one.

MSP

It is meant to actually help wicking and keep you cool, as well as avoiding sweat marks. Look how many riders wear a base layer on the tour.

Alphabet

RustySpanner

I used to.
    But then I learned how to dress myself.
    🙂

Do you still tuck them into your underpants?

senick
    Free Member

Very no

jambalaya
    Free Member

T-shirt yes (vest no). When its very hot it keeps the sweat off your shirt which in turn makes them last longer.

hora
    Free Member

Vests are good for blokes who don’t pack a sixpack.

Good for showing off your guns.

Under a shirt/suit though- only really skinny blokes can do that..

tootallpaul

I have not sported the vest since I was 6.

But whilst I was living in Ethiopia I noted that everyone wore them, so there must be some truth about wearing them in hot countries.

rossatease
    Free Member

Ne’re cast a clout til May is out!

So not now, it’s june, but yes in the winter nothing like a wife beater..

hora
    Free Member

I’m going to wear one on the bike this summer- sick of a forearm tan so its wifebeater tan 8)

molgrips
    Free Member

But then those Bavarians are weird. I have never seen people overdress o much. We came in Feb, there were no kids playing out at all, in the bitter cold of 0C or so.. It was sunny April about 12C before we saw any kids n the park and they were wearing huge thick winter coats. And visibly hot and sweaty whilst we were flirting with t-shirt only.

Got lots of disapproving looms for that.. And everything else…

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

I’m sorry to admit that I’ve just bought a vest for holiday.

Don’t forget the hankie.

cookeaa

I’m going to wear one on the bike this summer- sick of a forearm tan so its wifebeater tan

Sun’s out Guns out!
    Is that the plan?

Aspiration:

Reality:

Just say ‘No!’ kids…

Wearing a vest under a shirt? not since I was seven…

taffy
    Free Member

No No No No. Just wrong!

if your going to wear a vest to keepa shit claner and fresher why not just buy another shirt!

SamB
    Free Member

Yes, but only when the weather is as good as it has been over the last few days, and not under a shirt.

nedrapier

Never quite understood the vest to protect the shirt in hot weather – the bits that would get the most distressed are the pits, the cuffs and the collar, all of which are left alone by the vest.

ads678

Never quite understood the vest to protect the shirt in hot weather – the bits that would get the most distressed are the pits, the cuffs and the collar, all of which are left alone by the vest.

Moobs and back are the bits that show the sweat up most on shirts so a vest would help.

I only sport a vest when on holiday or some times riding in the summer.

deffo suns out guns out!

hora
    Free Member

cookeaa – Member

But thats the older generations view. Those under 50 don’t see things your way.

allthepies
    Free Member

This.

cinnamon_girl

T-shirt yes (vest no). When its very hot it keeps the sweat off your shirt which in turn makes them last longer.

Grim. 😐

chewkw
    Free Member

33c where?

It’s about 19c in GeordieLand.

The proper clothing for 33c is:

T-shirt/shirt made of cotton (not your plastic baselayer).
    Shorts at about knee length or slightly longer NOT 3/4 length.
    Flip-flops or sandals.

🙄

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘who wears a vest?’ is closed to new replies.