Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Who was that dude doing replacement stanchions?
  • monkeyfudger
    Free Member

As above, I can’t remember the name! Think there were a few off of here who’d used him, was just after some long term feedback.

Bregante

these?

Not seen anything on here about them but worth a look.

h4muf
    Free Member
    Ambrose

Do you mean here:

http://regensuspension.co.uk/

monkeyfudger
    Free Member

Regen was the one I’d seen. Hadn’t seen the other one will check it out. Cheers all.

boxelder

RSF is a great fella.

oddjob3000
    Free Member

Has no one asked themselves what testing has been done these cheap aftermarket unbranded stanchions? Yes they’re cheap but when compared to genuine Fox/Rockshox parts that have passed years of stringent testing and development I’d be a bit concerned about them.
    I would be interested to know what tests have been done to measure and test their stiffness too.
    Cheap = yes.
    Comparable to genuine parts = doubtful

Ambrose

From the Regen website

Regen Suspension have sourced replacement stanchion tubes for some of the well known makes of forks. Damaged or worn stanchions can be removed and replaced with new hard anodised tubes providing a cost effective solution. If new replacement stanchions are not available Regen Suspension aim to offer the most competitive price for both pre used and new manufacturers replacement parts.

toys19
    Free Member

The fox stanchions must be particularly difficult tomimprove on, in terms of lifetime..

simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

More to the point how do they remove the old and attach the new. It’s a long while since they were a bolt in item.

damascus
    Free Member

I think they press them out and bond them in. Probably use the same techniques to bond them as they do when they are first built.

I’ve heard a lot of good reviews so far.

I’ve not heard any bad reviews…. Yet…..

dbcooper
    Free Member

I’m gutted I sold my knackered 36’s now.

monkeyfudger
    Free Member

The fox stanchions must be particularly difficult tomimprove on, in terms of lifetime..

Giggles!

EddieFiola
    Free Member

I used regen earlier this year when I realised my Kashimas were nearly shot. He gave me an address of a guy who supplied them in Germany. He sold the stations direct to me (no faff, really straight forward) Then as Mr Regen is near my house I drove over and within 2 days I had fully serviced Kashima forks back.
    He showed me his work shop and how it was all done.

Im really impressed by him, and would use again if need be.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Who was that dude doing replacement stanchions?’ is closed to new replies.