Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 43 total)
  • Who wants to go riding somewhere in Scotland with me this Saturday?
  • jojoA1
    Free Member

Got a weekend without the kids, but all my riding buddies are either broken or away on holiday. Anyone want to go on a magical mystery tour? I can travel as far South as Perth-ish. Lumpy techy stuff preferred. 🙂

13thfloormonk

No can do, in the battle betwixt boots and bikes the boots are winning at the moment, give us a wave if you’re passing Ben Alder at all!

druidh
    Free Member

Since I am neither broken nor on holiday on Saturday, I guess that rules me out of your “riding buddies” clique too…..

allthegear
    Free Member

Can’t make this weekend but thinking of a trip up there in September…

Rachel

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

*waves*

Maybe – depends on what and when and can I get there?

jojoA1
    Free Member

Druidh! thought you were on fambly hols…
    What d’you want to do and where?…

cynic-al
    Free Member

I’d love too, but won’t as I’m clearly not your riding buddy 😥

Actually I’m in NI 😛

druidh
    Free Member

LOL – just jesting. We get back from Lochaber on Friday and I suspect I’ll be a bit busy on Saturday. Anyway – lumpy tech stuff? Me?

jojoA1
    Free Member

TJ, Al and Druidh, you’re all my riding buddies, I just meant local riding buddies who I see on a weekly basis. Grrr!
    And Druidh, I thought I was supposed to be ‘coaching’ you sometime, so you’ll have to do lumpy techy stuff then!! 😉

Allthegear, Where you going in September?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Jojo – I have a hankering to do the Ben alder circuit – what you got in mind? bearing in mind my fragile elderly and cowardly status. Wouldn’t mind another shot at laggan as well

coogan
    Free Member

I would. But can’t. So I won’t. Just remember the buff hug’s at Laggan the other week.

jojoA1
    Free Member

TJ, I was considering Laggan just to hang out and ride a bit actually and kipping in the van fri or sat night.
    The Ben Alder circuit is a major uphill carry-a-bike and boggy hell-march for part of it, did it with Mr Coogan, Winnie and Dutchoven a few years ago so need to leave it a wee bit longer for the “not-so-good-bits” amnesia you need in order to repeat Kenny “effin” Wilson routes to set in.

coogan
    Free Member

I no longer discuss that stupid hill.

grantyboy
    Free Member

Interested as I’m in the same situation

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Jo sent you a message on facebook

stuartlangwilson
    Free Member

I’m free saturday, not been up north enough this year.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

I would but I’m actually too frightened you might abduct me for all sorts of unpleasantness and nefarious acts. 🙁

That and it’s a bit far don’t think my Oyster card will get me there.

matt_outandabout

Unless you fancy weedling your way into an ‘invitation only to employees’ Adventure race that I have to run on Saturday, then nope here too.

bruneep

I would but I’m actually too frightened you might abduct me for all sorts of unpleasantness and nefarious acts

Nah, you’ll be fine

or will you?

ojom
    Free Member

looks like i have a free sunday. WOOP!

Although lacking motorised transport makes options limited.

BlindMelon
    Free Member

Hijack – Al if you are in NI near Belfast and want a show round, let me know, will be out early sat morn

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Given the forecast for the weekend I’d give Ben Alder a wide berth. But if it’s good it’d be a good one for those relying on public transport.

13thfloormonk

Yes… I saw that forecast, could be an absolute stinker 🙁

Feel more sorry for the other 7 people coming with, I can at least plod away to my heart’s content in the pouring rain, they might not be so keen. It’ll either be a very busy or very empty bothy come friday night…

backcountrybiking
    Free Member

Jo I’m off to check out a new line off Macdui and back into Feshie on Fri day.
    Come along and laugh at the fixed rigid rider with me.

Houns

I’m there

allthegear
    Free Member

Hi Jojo – I was thinking of a bit of a drive around 7 stands and maybe even a bit of a trip as far as the Lairig Ghru (always wanted to ride it but been prevented on a number of occasions)

Might bring a friend who is fairly new to riding off road.

Rachel

jojoA1
    Free Member

Elfin, what on earth makes you think I might be into nefariousness… ?! Some of we Highlanders are quite sofistimakated.

Backcountry, I can’t do Fri, got to work I’m afraid, though sounds interesting, I could bring my Kona Sutra just for some out-nichemanship…

So where do those willing and able fancy then? I’m frozen with indecision and overwhelmed by too much choice.

martinxyz
    Free Member

“Would ewe likee to useee the batthharoom?” :O)

cullen-bay
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=8aqa5AnvSZk[/video]

Martins video…

martinxyz
    Free Member

Ta.

Gordy
    Free Member

If my hillwalking buddy isnae up for a wander then I’d come and do a bit of biking. Be taking it a bit soft though- just back on bike after mangling ankle a few months ago.

(In Edinburgh btw.)

devs
    Free Member

Hmmm, teh Devs is available and has been apparently passed over as a riding buddy. I could possibly go some Laggan or Golspie action. Saving the big mountain stuff for later in the month although there is a certain 840m local hill that I’m eyeing up again for a blast.

jojoA1
    Free Member

Torridon?… SLW have you done the ‘classic’ Torridon loop?

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Elfin, what on earth makes you think I might be into nefariousness… ?! Some of we Highlanders are quite sofistimakated.

Well, I remember talk of Badly Packed Kebabs, and I’m quite frightened. 😥

A kebab should always be well-packed and tidy.

stuartlangwilson
    Free Member

jojo, no i have not. Hope the forecast improves, a trip up there would be awesome.

jojoA1
    Free Member

Is the forecast sheeeite? It wouldn’t be a proper ride without rain/wind/midges/some sort of injury/agony (see September MBUK’s Mintsauce strip)

**** it, lets go for Torridon, hoorah!!
    Who’s in?
    Torridon Inn to meet on Fri night, kip in vans/wild camp/posh hotel if yer minted
    I could pick up one or two people in Inverness on my way if required.

Right, better stop looking at driveaway van awnings and get some kip…

jojoA1
    Free Member

Ooh, they’ve added Father Ted’s favourite swear to the filter, naughty me! 😳

stuartlangwilson
    Free Member

Cool, decision made. Forecast isn’t too bad.

Gordy
    Free Member

Did anybody go?

I went and did Beinn Fhionnlaidh instead. I recommend it.

jojoA1
    Free Member

Yup, it was fantastic, except for the midges where we parked overnight on the Saturday. I’ve never experienced the like and I was brought up in Lochaber!

Dry all day for the ride, excellent, if somewhat hungover, company from Soulrider and Stuartlangwilson. 🙂 Pics should be around sometime soon. Soulrider is just faffing with them he says on FB.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 43 total)

The topic ‘Who wants to go riding somewhere in Scotland with me this Saturday?’ is closed to new replies.