Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • who to vote for
  • Onzadog
    Free Member

Local by-election time. I’d decided I was going to vote for whoever didn’t slag off someone else in the running. However, that idea was very quickly shot down by everyone running. How else should I decide? I wish there was a Brewster’s Millions, none of the above type option but I need to have voted so I can whinge about them later!

darrell
    Free Member

you can spoil your ballot paper

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Tactical voting? vote for the party most likely to keep the party you dislike most out?

Vote Green to encourage them?

Monster raving looney?

Which constituency and what are your choices?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    wwaswas

they have;

“none of the above”

in the US.

If that gets most votes no one wins.

Seems very sensible.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Broxstowe in Nottinghamshire

Labour
    UKIP
    Lib Dem
    BNP
    Conservative

None of them are fit!

chakaping
    Free Member

you can spoil your ballot paper

Or soil it.

Or stand yourself next time.

Onzadog
    Free Member

All I needed was one of them to not slag someone else off and it would have been easy.

kimbers

any of them bike friendly, u know more cycle lanes and stuff

miketually
    Free Member

Labour
    UKIP
    Lib Dem
    BNP
    Conservative

From those, I’d instantly rule out UKIP and BNP.

Onzadog
    Free Member

That’s the thing, I can’t find anything about the politics of any of them other than the rubbish they put through the door slagging each other off.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Notional 2005 Results: ( calculated after boundary changes)
    Labour: 20234 (41.9%)
    Conservative: 17967 (37.2%)
    Liberal Democrat: 7763 (16.1%)
    Other: 2313 (4.8%)
    Majority: 2267 (4.7%)

So its a labour held marginal. vote Labour if you want labour, vote tory if you want them to win. voting Lib Dem might allow tories in by splitting the anti tory vote. No chance of a lib dem win

No Greens to vote for? Hold your nose and vote Labour to stop the tories getting in?

miketually
    Free Member

At our next election, I’ll be voting for the Lib Dem, because he’s a nice guy who rides a bike and bought me a pint when I gave a presentation at their group meeting. He lives in the town, having brought up his family here, and runs his own business. He has a blog, so I know where he stands on local and national issues and always says hi if I see him in the street.

Our Labour candidate will be Alan “PepsiCo” Milburn and the Tory is the 7th coronet of somewhere or other, a solicitor who lives 20 miles away.

Not a difficult choice really.

Onzadog
    Free Member

But at this level, the local issues are not really going to be influenced hugely by governemntal policies. There’s no way of knowing who’s going to have the most effect on stopping green belt development. The thing that bugs me is that they all seem to be relying on the reputations of their parties to get the voters to decide when that’s not really what’s going to have the biggest effect on locals.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Mike, that’s the way I’d like to decide on such matters but the person who lives closest is the guy from the BNP! None of them have any blog type info that I can find

Midnighthour
    Free Member

At our last election there was a list with only 2 people to choose from. 1 labour, 1 conservative.

I will never vote right wing, so I had to spoil the paper as there was not even a middle of the road person, just the 2 right wingers. It was awful, basically having no one I could vote for, not even a minor party. I always used to think it was very wrong not to make the effort to vote but thinking I might not go to the poll station next time as there is no real choice of party or politics round here.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘who to vote for’ is closed to new replies.