Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Who to stay with in the Tarentaise Valley
  • legend
    Free Member

The White Room are pretty much full for the summer, and we’ve been with Trail Addiction a couple of times already so looking for other options.

Ideally with a similar chalet/catering/guiding setup as these sorts of places, but could probably drop the guiding depending on where we end up.

Does anyone know of any other options in this rough area? Maybe something that’s less focused on Brits for example?

IA

Tried bike village?

Or I’ve stayed in a static caravan in the campsite in Landry, that was good. I was with someone that knows the area well though so I didn’t need a guide…

wallop

I’ve spent a few weeks in the area and I don’t ever recall bumping into a guided group which wasn’t mainly Brits. Mind you, you don’t tend to see many people at all really!

Looks like these guys do a catered option on request and can organise a guide if you need it:

http://alpine365.co.uk/Summer/Summer.aspx

We are doing a week with White Room followed by a week in a self-catered chalet if we can find the right one in the right location.

SimonR

Stayed at the Chill Chalet in Bourg St Maurice a couple of times.

They had access to local guiding companies who would do guiding-by-the-day. Prices always seemed quite reasonable although we opted for finding our own way round in the end.

mugsys_m8

Just find some self catering place on http://www.leboncoin.fr.

legend
    Free Member

No. We’ll be self-catering for at least a week before or after visiting this area. For this part we’d like to properly relax and have someone else cook and clean up for us.

Bike Village is full unfortunately. Will check out the others later

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Who to stay with in the Tarentaise Valley’ is closed to new replies.