Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 58 total)
  • Who thinks this is awesome? Its so amazing I even had to refrain from profanity!
  • toys19
    Free Member

This is so cool, my greatest fear is losing the ability to ride, the bloke who designed this deserves medals, tea on the lawn and 1000 neerkad ladies.

Robocyclists

Drac

I bet they cost an arm and a leg.

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

That is terrific!

cynic-al
    Free Member

If anyone tries to copy that commercially they wouldn't have a leg to stand on.

toys19
    Free Member

Drac I think your exposure to gore has made you a little insensitive maybe you could delete that post just for good karma. I mean I am the coarsest of blokes at times and really quite rude but thats pretty bad.

Edit just seen cycnic als post.
    Come on lads dont be mean.

tails
    Free Member

That is RAD to the power of MAX. How does it work at first I thought that was a DT Swiss shock.

scotia
    Free Member

interesting, depending on the op i have done, maybe i'll see if i can try it.

nice one drac.

oh and al.

monkeychild
    Free Member

That is awesome to the power of 1000000. An absolute leap forward for those poor folk who have lost limbs.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Get over yourself already!

Our jokes are 'armless!

Talkemada
    Free Member

Saw a feller once, riding a bike with an artificial leg. It had a Rockshox SID rear suspension unit incorporated into it. Looked very ingenious.

Fair play to anyone who has the courage to rebuild their lives after suffering the loss of a limb. Kind of humbling.

Drac

toys your right it's work related humour but judging by other puns no one seems offended but you.

On a serious note, it's a bloody excellent invention.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Nowt wrong with Drac and Als posts.

scotia
    Free Member

um yes drac, me.

sorry but i dont find it funny.

scotia
    Free Member

depends on your position tj..

sorry but if you're having life changing decisions to make and they are linked to knees/legs in general..when people kick off with jokes it aint that funny.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Thanks jeej, personally I thought my first joke was a little lame.

No offence meant scotia.

toys19
    Free Member

I think its a rock shock http://leftsideinc.com/.
    I don't give a damn what anyone else thinks, and if you judge your own actions by the democratic response of others (judging by other puns no one seems offended but you) then you are not really deserving the title of a free thinking man. I think you are both **** of the highest order, I personally am not offended, I've still got all my bits so far in life. But I think if I had lost a leg I might be in the depths of some awful depression then maybe your humour might not be helpful right now, it might make me fell I didn't belong to the club of "normal" people and make me feel even more isolated.

I can see the humour in it, but I just don't think it necessary.

Drac

sorry but if you're having life changing decisions to make and they are linked to knees/legs in general..when people kick off with jokes it aint that funny

That's odd the people I've met who've had or have to make these decisions often come out with such puns.

Drac

I think you are both **** of the highest order, I personally am not offended, I've still got all my bits so far in life. But I think if I had lost a leg I might be in the depths of some awful depression then maybe your humour might not be helpful right now, it might make me fell I didn't belong to the club of "normal" people and make me feel even more isolated.

So your judging what someone else might think. Ah ok.

There's a process for reporting such posts, feel free to do so.

cynic-al
    Free Member

So no jokes should be made about death or anything that might depress folk?

PLEASE!

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Toys – get real FFS. Making jokes about disability that laugh with teh person not at them is part of the normalizing of disability – you are being patronising. Tehre is a difference between mocking and laughing with.

Tough is you don't find it funny.

I knew a chap in a wheelchair who answered to "raspbery"
    A blind chap who referred to himself as "blind git"

………………
    I'm spasticus autisticus

I dribble when I nibble
    And I quibble when I scribble

Hello to you out there in Normal Land
    You may not comprehend my tale or understand
    As I crawl past your window give me lucky looks
    You can be my body but you'll never read my books

…………….
    I'm spasticus autisticus

I'm knobbled on the cobbles
    Cos I hobble when I wobble
    Swim!

So place your hard-earned peanuts in my tin
    And thank the Creator you're not in the state I'm in
    So long have I been languished on the shelf
    I must give all proceedings to myself

…………………….

scotia
    Free Member

so in your thinking drac everyone is the same and must react so?

sorry if it seems to you that ive over reacted, but im not taking the news particularly well that my life may well be about to change

swallow
    Free Member

shit happens to everyone at some point in life – lost limbs, lost loved ones, etc

humour is the most powerful tool to help people through that shit

toys19
    Free Member

Drac – Member

sorry but if you're having life changing decisions to make and they are linked to knees/legs in general..when people kick off with jokes it aint that funny

That's odd the people I've met who've had or have to make these decisions often come out with such puns.

Yeah thats them, are you missing a leg? If so then I truly apologise for shouting you down, I am prone to jumping to conclusions. Fair play you can see the funny side in your predicament, but judging from what you just said you are not, so you are just not funny instead.

I'm not PC I just think you are not funny and pretty sad really.

I admit I am being dogmatic, because I read the article and felt uplifted by it, and the first response comes someone who gets a cheap thrill out of belittling someone else's misfortune. Oh well such is STW.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Toys – neither joke was belittling and you are being patronising.

Piss on pity! have a think about the lyrics of Spasticus Autisticus. Understand what empowerment means.

toys19
    Free Member

There's a process for reporting such posts, feel free to do so.

I have, that's the first thing I did.

you are being patronising.

Ha! From the keyboard of captain patronising himself.

TJ its not pity, I just do not think its necessary. I do not think you lose anything in life by considering other peoples feelings before you open wide. I don't want to legislate against it, but if I was a mod here I would just delete this because it's tasteless bunkem.

On the general theme:
    1) I once had a friend large and very very dark skinned, he used to do a great impersonation of enoch powels river of blood, bit if anyone called him **** there was trouble – can you see the sense in that?
    2) My friend Charlie who is gay, constantly refers to himself as a bender, but does feel quite alone when people say "Oh thats Gay" when someone is not MTFU-ing (He is a trick rider and fitter and harder than most I know).

Drac

ir play you can see the funny side in your predicament, but judging from what you just said you are not, so you are just not funny instead.

I'm fortunate not to but was faced with the possibility of loosing my right leg when I was 18. I kept my humour through out as it was one of the ways dealing with such things, at the same time I was told I may have terminal cancer. I was very fortunate kept my limb and the tumour was non cancerous. None of that makes any difference as jokes tend to be funny based on the person telling it and others who see, read or hear it. Other laughed, you seemed shocked that on a public forum someone can make such a joke, you also seem to think that those have lost a limb have lost their humour too.

I have, that's the first thing I did.

Then I will leave it to the mods to decide if the post should be allowed.

The story it truly love stories like this where people don't give up and carry on with their lives. Making a joke of it will never deter from that.

toys19
    Free Member

you seemed shocked that on a public forum someone can make such a joke, you also seem to think that those have lost a limb have lost their humour too.

I'm not shocked, just disappointed. And if you had bothered to read my psots you would see

seem to think that those have lost a limb have lost their humour too.

is not true either. I can see the humour in it. Ok there will be those who have lost limbs who will come on here and say Toys19 you are wrong I found that funny. But then there will be those in the same position who will feel really bad, so that is why I find it a bit sad.

If I went to a comedy gig that said "Drac, Cynic-Al and TJ – the most effervescent, below the belt, irreverent trio you have ever seen. I would laugh and find it funny in its place. I'm just p*ss*d off that a positive note that I started has been p*ss*d on by you.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Folk getting upset on others' behalf is never going to go down well.

You can waste a lot of time, and you may in fact have it wrong.

Drac

I'm not shocked, just disappointed.

You must spend a lot of time being disappointed.

Ironically you seem to think it was ok to call him a Robocyclist.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Why toys – you are not disabled are you? your reaction is totally disproportionate. Neither joke was mocking or derogatory in any way. Thats the key thing. On the other hand you are patronising and dis empowering by your reaction

You on the other hand are being very patronising. You need to understand the sentiment behind Piss on Pity! I bet you get all teary eyed at all those pathetic images on children in need.

toys19
    Free Member

Ironically you seem to think it was ok to call him a Robocyclist.

I think it was a positive statement man and machine they fit the definition of a cyborg and I really like it. You are clutching at straws.

TandemJeremy – Member

Why toys – you are not disabled are you? your reaction is totally disproportionate. Neither joke was mocking or derogatory in any way. Thats the key thing. On the other hand you are patronising and dis empowering by your reaction

You on the other hand are being very patronising. You need to understand the sentiment behind Piss on Pity! I bet you get all teary eyed at all those pathetic images on children in need.

Nope, not disabled, don't watch children in need, I understand piss on pity, its not pity, I dont feel pity. I feel humbled by people who are braver and a lot cooler than me, that guy rides better than me, jumps higher and has overcome stuff more significant than my little life problems. I was gutted when I broke my wrist 3 weeks ago and felt like my life was comign to end…
    Like I said I am being dogmatic. I'm not offended or wishing to censure you, if you want to start a thread full of disabled jokes go ahead, I guess I was naive to expect that this thread would be full of big up's and positiveness but instead the miserable mafia arrived.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

. I'm just p*ss*d off that a positive note that I started has been p*ss*d on by you.

Its you that has pissed on it. You start with the patronising robocyclist and continue from there with your patronising of people.

Drac

I think it was a positive statement man and machine they fit the definition of a cyborg and I really like it. You are clutching at straws.

Maybe he likes to be called a cyclist, after all he's still human. Not clutching at straws at all just pointing out why comments are relative.

WackoAK
    Free Member

I think we have reached a new low point for arguing on STW…

Drac

I bet you get all teary eyed at all those pathetic images on children in need.

Errmm! I do sometimes but is usually anger at those who have been abused, the anger of course towards the abuser.

toys19
    Free Member

Yeah I'm out. You three are low lives. I don't see the crime in patronising you, you need guidance. I wasn't patronising to Brain Bartlett or any other one legged cyclists, I was admiring them and if anything I could learn a lot from them. I have learnt eff all from you three apart from what not to do on STW: Lesson no 24512618 from STW, never say or do anything positive.

Say and do what you like, I'm leaving this thread.

kenneththecurtain
    Free Member

sorry but if you're having life changing decisions to make and they are linked to knees/legs in general..when people kick off with jokes it aint that funny.

That's just a knee jerk reaction though isn't it? They're only having a laugh

Drac

sorry if it seems to you that ive over reacted, but im not taking the news particularly well that my life may well be about to change

Sorry missed your post Scotia. No offence was intended it was meant in humour, what ever you 'change in life' is I wish you the best of luck and keep your chin up. Life will go on and you will continue to live it to the full. As a good friend often says "Don't let the bastards grind you down."

retro83
    Free Member

Thread of the month.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Toys – Give it a rest eh? You're getting nowhhere fast and looking a right fool

Personally I used to know a lad who was born with an arm that ended just below the elbow. I only know him by his nickname – BANDIT!

He's absolute riot to know. When we used to ride BMX and we were digging dirt jumps, he used to get other lads to batter his artificial arm with a spade to scare the young kids who didn't know….
    "Can I have a hand?" was once met with an arm being thrown in their direction.

He is/was a great rider too. No finesse, but balls of steel. I believe he once had a big article done on him in MBUK too some years ago

Nobody EVER thought or reffered to him as 'disabled' becuse he wasn't. He just had a plasic arm and was a right laff! 🙂

EDIT
    I also used to work with a bloke who's wife lost her whole leg in an accident. He called her 'Hop' as a nickname believe it or not!
    I met her a lot, she used to visit us at work and make tea. She never used an atrificial leg because she had nowt to attach one to, just crutches or she hopped all over the place. Ever seen someone carrying 2 cups of tea down the corridor on one leg? 🙂 Again, a 'disability' didn't really exist in anyones mind…..

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 58 total)

The topic ‘Who thinks this is awesome? Its so amazing I even had to refrain from profanity!’ is closed to new replies.