Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • WHo thinks that Jez_kidd should replace His gary fisher cake with an Orange 5?
  • lyons
    Free Member

As above. He wont listen to reason. Maybe the singletrack world massive can persuade him? He needs one!

RichPenny
    Free Member

Anyone who prefers an orange to cake needs their head examined 😉

JustRide
    Free Member

Need cake!!

james-o
    Free Member

i do, i would.

molgrips
    Free Member

Ah, I did exactly this (prompted by the local theivery).

The 5 is a much better descender than the Cake. Loads of times I baulked at things on the way down because the steep angles on the Cake made things quite sketchy on steep stuff. It’s also flexy.

HOWEVER

It’s an absolutely brilliant climber. Must be the best 5″ climber by a mile, and this is what it was designed for – a 5″ bike that goes up and along really well too. It’s named after the saying ‘you can’t have your cake and eat it’ – well in this case you ALMOST can. It’s a brilliant enduro race bike and great for all dayers. The only thing it struggles with is if you want to really slam it on the descents. I’ve become a bit faster down with my 5 but that could also be due to me riding the Patriot more.

So it depends on your outlook. The Cake is brilliant at what it does, no question. I was initially shopping for a Spesh FSR but when I demoed a Cake I was blown away and bought one. However I was coming from a hardtail background, and I really felt the sluggishness of the FSR on the climbs so maybe that’s why the Cake felt so good.

If it hadn’t been nicked I’d still be riding it. And still be avoiding those steep bits a little more.

Lemurian
    Free Member

I think it may well be the only type of cake I don’t like. Other possible alternatives – Whyte E120, Cannondale Rize/Rush, Lapierre Zesty/Spicy?

Jezkidd
    Free Member

I don’t, and it’s kind of my view that counts 😉

djglover
    Free Member

Cake, does what it says on the tin.

johnhoo
    Free Member

Cake is good

lyons
    Free Member

cake is good if its the baked kind, but come on mate, you never even ride the bike… Its not as fun where we live, and when we go to the peaks etc, you dont even take it there…

Jezkidd
    Free Member

you might even see me out on it next weekend andy, forks are in for service as we speak

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘WHo thinks that Jez_kidd should replace His gary fisher cake with an Orange 5?’ is closed to new replies.