Viewing 22 posts - 161 through 182 (of 182 total)
  • Who smokes?
  • cinnamon_girl

Yes, my point. You have to want to give up!

Become a control freak.

You’re doing very well and, believe it or not, it will get easier.

Karinofnine

Hang in there TSY – it gets progressively easier.

I found it helpful, when thinking of having ‘just one’, to see it as a waste of the effort I had made up to that point.

It also helped me to see it as the voice of addiction (I’m not very good at explaining things) and to laugh at/defuse its efforts to persuade me to fail.

Hohum
    Free Member

If you are really addicted to them then you will not be able to just have one or two puffs either. The addiction will be progressive and shortly after starting on one or two puffs you will be back up to however many you were smoking before.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

132.5 hrs. Only had one piece of gum so far today!

Nicotine stained fingers are no more!

The worst fail I’ve had of recent weeks (stopped for 6 months this year and then started stupidly again) was 2 weeks ago.

Driving home from work, went into one garage didn’t buy any baccy.
    10 miles down the road ‘cor, glad I didn’t buy any, don’t even feel like I need one’…. ‘so if I don’t need one, I’m not addicted, right?’…
    ‘Awesome, I’ll stop at this garage and buy some then, it’s not a problem if I’m not addicted!’

Idiot!

mintimperial

131.5 hrs and counting!

God I remember this bit. It gets better when you start reckoning it in days instead of hours. I think I lost count at about 1,000.

Junkyard
    Free Member

TSY it is interesting to see the craving come to pass over time and you realise that much of what you thought it did – calm you down get rid of stress etc was actually only the feeding of the addiction.
    If i go a long time now – mths without smoking – it is odd to have one as the memory of one and the reality are in no way matched – it tastes wafull and I cough a lot.
    It gets easier and then suddenly you realise you have gone daya without even thinking about it
    Hang on in

lobby_dosser
    Free Member

tSY I stopped doing a lot of the things that would be prior a ‘smoke time’ or at least doing something different. Breaking nicotine addiction is relatively easy as you don’t have too many withdrawal symptoms, however breaking the habit and ignoring the smoking triggers is difficult.

I tried to keep myself as active as possible to take my mind off it. I stopped drinking & going to the pub for a couple of weeks, would get up and do the dishes straight after eating, wouldn’t go into the newsagents in the morning, fill the car up so I wouldn’t have to go into the garage, do the garden, tidied up the flat etc. I even avoided certain friends for a few days. After a week I had a couple of girls i was tryign to impress around to dinner. One of them sparked up after dinner and I took one from her, had three puffs and then stubbed it out. Pretty much I realised I was over it.

Good luck.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

138 hours.

Cheers all.

My favourite one was the one I’d have the minute I got home. Currently hitting on girls that don’t smoke as an added incentive to never fall back into the smoking trap! 😀

Hohum
    Free Member

Currently hitting on girls that don’t smoke as an added incentive to never fall back into the smoking trap!

8)

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Not smoked for nearly 10 full days now!
    Took me half an hour to even think about smoking when I woke up this morning, and that thought was ‘wow, I haven’t thought about smoking yet’!

Massively cut down on the gum at the weekend too! 😀

cinnamon_girl

Well done His Awesomeness. 😀

Hohum
    Free Member

Yes, well done TSY 🙂

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Third week for me.

Hohum
    Free Member

^^^^^

Well done you as well 🙂

cinnamon_girl

Well done also dd! Is that why you’re so crotchety?

Karinofnine

Well done both xx

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Well done also dd! Is that why you’re so crotchety?

😆

No, not really. I’m just crotchety in general 😀

On nicotine lozenges anyway to handle the cold turkey. I believe the furry shed monster is on cold turkey so hats off to him.

I’ve just finished my third week…into my fourth.

chewkw
    Free Member

haven’t smoke for the last 5 days now due to cold and no urge to have one yet …

Karinofnine

Great stuff Chewkw x

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Good on you DD.
    I’ve been on the gum, only 2x2mg a day since Friday. Going to substitute those for normal gum soon as TBH they’re starting to make me feel a little sick. 😀

And Chewkw, nice one too. Just make sure you don’t succumb when you’re feeling better!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Occasional cigar smoker here.

anagallis_arvensis

not had one for a couple of months now

Viewing 22 posts - 161 through 182 (of 182 total)

The topic ‘Who smokes?’ is closed to new replies.