Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Who services i900 posts
  • lipseal
    Free Member

Does anybody know where I can get my i900 post serviced as now it’s got a bit of play in it after a couple of years use. Not bad really as I’m no feather weight, so can it be serviced or right off?

Forgot to mention that I do the routine service but was wondering if there is a more in-depth one?

Northwind

If it’s got play in it then probably either the 3 guides in the post, or the channels they run in, have worn. Hopefully it’s the former… Check with Pure/Superstar about getting replacement bushes first IMO, that’s a very easy swap.

lipseal
    Free Member

When I stripped it down the other day there was some scoring at the rear of the shaft? 😕

Northwind

That isn’t so good… Did it ever get the updated internals?

lipseal
    Free Member

No, didn’t know there was any?

Northwind

Depends exactly how old it is but there’s been quite a few changes, mine was old stock that Superstar had that they just threw out the original internals and fitted the new version into… Reason I ask is that scoring on the shaft was the classic failure til they redesigned it.

TBH I think past that I don’t know enough to really help, other than that if it were me I’d treat it like a fork- service it and hopefully the scoring just won’t matter.

lipseal
    Free Member

I’ll give pure a call on Monday, thanks any way.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Who services i900 posts’ is closed to new replies.