Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Who sells Panaracer Fire XC Pro 29" in UK?
  • manvstarmac

I love these tyres on my 26″ bike but I’m about to invest in a 29-er. A search of the normal online retailers I’d used hasn’t found anyone with 29″ versions. Does anyone in the UK have them in stock?

devash
    Free Member

I’m not too sure if they do a 29er version. I’ve never personally seen one, but I may be wrong.

EDIT: may be of interest
    http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/new-panaracer-fire-tyres

njee20
    Free Member

They don’t make them. Which is lucky, because they’re shit.

Edit: yet, it would seem, but they’re about to!

jimw
    Free Member

I know it is ‘unfashionable’ to say so but I also like XC pros.
    In my admittedly limited experience, Maxxis Ignitors in 29×2.1 size feel quite similar
    For a really sh** tyre, try a Schwalbe Nobby Nic (imho of course)

devash
    Free Member

I wouldn’t say they’re shit, for their intended purpose at least. I ran them on my full sus for the last two winters and found them grippy enough in all but the worst mud and slop.

Rather low volume for their given size though. A real Marmite tyre.

ratherbeintobago

I had some UST ones on the old bike, which were great if heavy. I wonder if the 29er versions are lighter?

rOcKeTdOg

Fire XC are a great XC tire (hardly surprising given the name) in the 26″ version I’d be interested in a bigger wheel version too

njee20
    Free Member

Clearly personal, I found them lacking grip in any conditions, heavy and draggy. Like a perfect storm of undesirable qualities.

manvstarmac

Thanks for the replies. I got fed up of different Schwalbes being destroyed by Salisbury Plain flints and tried XC Pros having seen them well reviewed.

I found I could consistently climb a slippy rocky slope we’ve always called the ‘unrideable hill’ and that I got good grip through the winter without having too much drag on firm packed ground.

I’ll see how I get on with the tyres fitted and if I’m not keen I’ll try the Maxxis Ignitors (thanks for that tip jimw)

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Who sells Panaracer Fire XC Pro 29" in UK?’ is closed to new replies.