• This topic has 21 replies, 18 voices, and was last updated 15 years ago by DezB.
Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Who says Lidl don’t have good stuff
  • IHN
    PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Yep, I thought so to when the flyer came through the letterbox yesterday.
    Fab idea.
    🙂

Kirsty looked at me as if I was some sort of lunatic 🙁

IHN

Mailing you direct eh? They obviously know their best customers 😉

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    footstomper
    Free Member

And they still have some Cycle floor pumps left at £4.85 great store , Oh and they sell Bud pretty cheap as well 😀 😀

mudshark
    Free Member

I like their 1 litre tubs of yoghurt and the smoked slices of ham. Some of the cereals are fine and I use the cereal bars on rides.

MrCrushrider
    Free Member

yeah i use the cereal bars, and ive got one of the softshell/fleece type jackets (cost £17) and its great.

TN
    Free Member

I’ve got a base layer which is great and their mozzarella is lovely (and a heck of a lot cheaper than most other places)
    I only recently discovered Lidl and I am definitely hooked…

RudeBoy
    Free Member

My £15 SPD shoes are still going strong, after a year. Probbly good for a few more years, really.

LiDLs rocks.

MrCrushrider
    Free Member

rudeboy – how do they perform? are they comfy?

stuartlangwilson
    Free Member

Lidl jaffa cakes are far superior to mcvities.

takisawa2

They gave my lads a balloon each when our local store opened a few weeks ago.
    They went down the next day.

Oh, & the cooking onions were shite when I looked last week.
    I prefer Aldi.
    And Fortnum & Mason.

RooleyMoor
    Free Member

mudshark – Member

I like their 1 litre tubs of yoghurt and the smoked slices of ham

ewww what a combination…

Btw, my £15 lidl shoes have just broke after 6 months. the cleat has removed itself from the plate in the bottom of the shoe.

ski
    Free Member

Took a year of commuting before my cleat plate removed itself from my Lidl shoes.

Cannot complain though for £15!

I use there base layers and socks which last well, even the gloves were not bad for £2!

juan
    Free Member

ohhhh
    that will be awesome for the sablé.
    Can someone buy some for me?
    I’ll pay the money back obviously

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

IHN – Member
    Mailing you direct eh? They obviously know their best customers

I did not receive any such direct mail.

I did, however, receive an invitation to an open evening at a rather lovely wine merchants I know.

Which is nice.

steve-g
    Free Member

I had to drive a 30 mile round trip in the snow the other week as my pregnant GF “needed” some of their cereal bars, having sampled the pear ones I think it was worth it

kelvin

Spitfire is cheap there as well. Yum.

Cheese twists are VERY good as well.

I don’t need to talk you through the cold meat options I’m sure… good stuff.

ronjeremy
    Free Member

just chomping on some of thier double choc chilli cookies i picked up on the way home, very yummy i must admit

footstomper
    Free Member

They also hae some superb crisp’s like them kettle ones but a lot better and cheaper 😀 they must be good cause the wife also eats them.

RudeBoy
    Free Member

MrCrushrider; whilst others may have experienced problems with theirs, mine have been fine. No signs of failure yet.

I needed a pair to replace some lovely Cannondale shoes that my previous landlord decided to throw away, when he came to clear our garden. ****. I never did get any compo from the **** for them, as he denied it.

I din’t have a lot of money (and I’m a tight bastard), and saw the LiDLs ones. I expected 6 months or so out of them. I won’t pretend that they are fabulous, but they do seem good vfm.

HeatherBash
    Free Member

>Oh and they sell Bud pretty cheap as well<

Aye, but you can’t polish a turd 😉

Their German beers are much nicer…

DezB
    Free Member

Just been in there – they’ve got new cycling shoes in in black and white. They look ok, but weigh a bleedin ton.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Who says Lidl don’t have good stuff’ is closed to new replies.