Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 116 total)
  • Who rode a bike today then?
  • geoffj

ME!
    10 mile night ride in the freezing cold with the eldest. I think I prefer riding in the dark at the moment – which is just as well really.

Who else – where’ve you been?

Jamie
    Free Member

Who rode a bike today then?

**** no!

Went for a run, tho.

wukfit
    Free Member

To work this morning
    Home again this eve

roverpig

Yes, wet snow and low cloud made for heavy going and no views on Bennachie today. But still better than not riding 🙂

Kevevs
    Free Member

i cycled to work then cycled back just like any other day. boring!

fd3chris
    Free Member

Yep I did around mk then my gears went awol and I had to limp home in 9th gear 🙁

nickwgbr
    Free Member

A KTM around the hills north of Malaga, with 250cc of four stroke assistance 🙂

pop-larkin
    Free Member

Yep – couple of hours around the cheek of Cannock and managed a comedy fall into the biggest puddle on the chase 😳

watsontony
    Free Member

my friend showed me a new way into cragg quarry….

we ended up walking around the moors till it was nearly dark then we managed to find the path leading up from coupe (wear we would normally go up) to have to ride straight down………

nicolaisam
    Free Member

15.5 local miles today..Was a cold wind and very wet,was ok though

bruneep

Also at Bennachie, did you follow our tracks?

OrangeLad
    Free Member

20 miles round thetford today very churned up which made it feel like an epic ride.

butcher

A slow pootle around the local area today, most of it in the mud! 10 miles or so.

roverpig

Also at Bennachie, did you follow our tracks?

Didn’t see any tracks, but if you were following mine you’d have seen a lot of footprints 😳

umop3pisdn
    Free Member

My resolution to ride a metric century every month dragged me out on a 70 mile, hilly club ride. Quite nice really.

westcoastmassive
    Free Member

i built and gravelled a big downhill run of jumps and drops the other day, and me and my youngest boy went and debuted them today on my enduro and bfe, good times! the kind of day so many people in the real world would describe as childish. but what would they know!

iamconfusedagain
    Free Member

85 cold wet road miles. I’m glad I got out but I wish it was a bit nicer. Mtb tomorrow.

somafunk

Today i rode a kalkhoff electric bike, a kids specialized hotrock converted into a jump bike, a specialized demo 8, a lapierre sensium 300 road bike and a Lapierre zesty 514…i do work in a bike shop though and each ride was for no longer than a minute or two to make sure everything worked as it should.

I may get out tomorrow to ride my own bike if i get finished on my mates farm at a decent time in the afternoon, otherwise i’ll put my feet up in front of the fire wi a big glass o’ whisky and read a book…..the “read a book/whisky” bit sounds better than a bike ride in the cold if i’m honest.

birky
    Free Member

Had a road ride out by Glamis, 27 miles. It was pretty dreich.

thefaller
    Free Member

No ride today.

Stitches out Sunday morning,
    so first ride since new years day in the morning.

paul4stones

I rode 15+ miles of cycle paths near Whickham on my new Pomp while the kids rode round a BMX track doing cx training. I’ve ridden every day so far this year.

martinhurton
    Free Member

Had my best day out in YEARS on the bike at Hamsterly. I’ve been a bit rusty lately but today everything flowed perfectly. You know, when you know you’re going fast and smooth and every corner links together beautifully? It was one of THOSE days today.

If I hadn’t been to teh pub last night I might have enjoyed the climbs a bit more!

scaled
    Free Member

Was amazed how dry the Marin was today! First time there and thoroughly enjoyed it.

curiousyellow
    Free Member

Road ride.

Looked at the MTB in the corridor on the way out. Sighed wistfully and stroked the handlebars. Hold on my friend, hold on. Spring’s coming soon!

dawson

went out on my singlespeed – rode from home, through Clumber to Sherwood Pines and did 2 laps of the red route and rode back again -40 miles- legs were feeling it on the way home! 🙂

Really sunny, but a cold wind – had a fox run in front of me too.

chakaping
    Free Member

Yes and my feet are still cold now!

hamishthecat
    Free Member

Short wet ride at Haldon. Good to get out though.

awkwardkid
    Free Member

14miles round pines this morning. Sunny and not to cold as it happens

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Meeeeeeeeeeeee 🙂

Went for a spin round Tunnel Hill, lost the route I was trying to follow and did a couple of laps of the Brass Monkeys course instead. Rear brake failure cut the ride short which was a bit of a bummer, but otherwise it was a cracking if cold ride 🙂

Good luck to everyone tomorrow, it’s a fun course!

breadcrumb

I took my Pitch out for the first time since before the Kielder 100. done the back of Skiddaw loop, at first it felt sluggish then made the trails too easy. But once I dropped down from Skiddaw House it felt right again. Really enjoyed it, not a bad day at all, just a bit nippy and a head wind.

Blue sky!!!!!

beargotsoul

No but my son did when we went for a walk up Crooks Peak, does that count?

Pook

Yup. Dark peak….

Had a brilliant ride today – nice and sunny,
    cold at first but perfect conditions on the
    ground. Good company, and I felt good on
    the bike which translated to my riding –
    everything I wanted to do worked, it was
    ace.
    And to top it all, I cleaned cavedale. Might
    not mean much to riding gods, but it’s my
    second ever time without a dab. It was the
    icing on the cake of a top ride.
    Here’s to your top rides of today

drslow
    Free Member

Me! Just over 5 miles to the local Parkrun, ok time for a 10 week absence and 5 miles back. Very enjoyable.

mrmoonface
    Free Member

Nope! Some scumbag stole mine on Friday – Spent the day researching a new steed though!

eugeo81
    Free Member

I rode up and down my road to test out my new wheel build and thats as far as I got. Aiming to get up Clent tomorrow for a little ride if the rain/snow holds off.

BrickMan

I did, quick 30 mile flat ride on, cough, erm, a road bike. Was cold, but full winter thermals, buff, hat, full goggles, waterproof gloves, overshoes and a steak bake, custy.

No sign of this snow otherwise MTB would be out.

The usual mostly off road commute on a titanium single speed 29er in lycra. 😛

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

25 miles in Swaledale, 1st ride in 8 weeks & I felt it!

ashfanman
    Free Member

Sadly not, but did an hour on the spinner while watching the football. I’m a Villa fan – as if an hour of spinning wasn’t painful enough… 🙁

aka_Gilo
    Free Member

CX ride with Clubber of this parish. My first time on a bike in a few months (embarassingly). It hurt but it was good 😀

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 116 total)

The topic ‘Who rode a bike today then?’ is closed to new replies.