• This topic has 59 replies, 54 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by Haze.
Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 60 total)
  • Who rides in this weather then?
  • jonba
    Free Member

rule 9 and rule 5

widge34
    Free Member

I don’t mind the rain, but I’m just hopeless riding the trails in the mud.

transapp
    Free Member

Had a good few hours earlier. In the sun / rain / sun / rain / sun / rain. Just glad it started with a light shower so I threw in the waterproofs not summer kit plus a gilet!
    What’s April coming to with all these bloody showers. I blame global warming.

ononeorange

I hate mud but of course will ride in this weather. I take whatever opporutnity I get to ride otherwise I would never ride.

smiff
    Free Member

don’t mind riding in the rain, it’s all the cleaning up afterwards that bores me. when dry you can just stick bike in garage and kick your shoes off. when wet, short rides sometimes don’t feel worth the hassle as you seem to spend longer cleaning up (yourself/bike/kit) than riding, and that part is unpleasant in the wet also. and everything on the bike wears out so much faster. basically, if i had a butler to do all my cleanup, and sponsored brake pads and chains, the wet would make no difference to me.

also: wool clothes, get some.

fatsimonmk2
    Free Member

out last night managed to avoid rain but could see it coming down and drifting towards us but got round without a soaking was out on sunday and it was the same,it’s become a source of humour on rides recently cause we’ve got a hose pipe ban and it’s done nothing but fu**ing rain since it came in 👿 😐

BikeStyle_Billy
    Free Member

Never miss a Thurs Night ride cause of the weather!

Rode last Thurs in thunder/lightening/downpour, and only missing tonight cause I’m stuck in work. The rest of the lads will probably be getting to about Forest Moon of Endor/Flintstones by now I reckon.

tk46hal
    Free Member

I’ve been to Hebden Bridge and over the Stairs back to Queensbury today and I have never been wetter! The route was all ridable but the volume of water on the tracks was amazing! I’m glad I’m back home though! 😉

Dibbs
    Free Member

I went out on the Quantocks this afternoon, the sun was shining when I left home, by the time I got to Holford (10 miles) there was thunder and lightning and hail storms a few miles further on. The trails all turned into streams but the bike was probably cleaner when I got home than when I went out 🙂

gee
    Free Member

No. Gym. Can’t be bothered with wrecking my bike.

oldgit
    Free Member

Thing is when it’s winter we ride without a second thought. Then we have a dry spell, we get all spoiled and don’t ride in a bit of rain.

I always remind myself that it could be like this during a race or event.

BadlyWiredDog

all weathers, yer bunch of bunny road kill 😕

maxtorque

The biggest issue with riding in the rain / mud is that loads of people have apoplexies when they see my bike “ruined” by the mud guards……….. 😉

thorlz
    Free Member

Out today, rained for the pretty much the whole 3+hrs.
    I only really get chance for 1 ride a week, so therefore rain/snow/hail, will ride in any of it.

But not in strong winds, everyones got there limit, thats mine

rOcKeTdOg

got an hour and 12 mins rain free before it started again

the it’s STOPPED RAINING ride by rOcKeTdOgUk, on Flickr

JRTG
    Free Member

Oh yes it was lovely! 18 miles on the south downs and bumped into another local rider and saw a few others in the distance. Massive storms but the rain wasn’t that cold…..

jwmlee
    Free Member

Was out on Baildon Moor/Shipley Glen on Thursday night.

If you let the weather stop you riding in this country you are going to miss out on a lot of riding!

Important to have the right gear but I recon riding in the wet really improves your skills. Like driving a car on a skid pan – makes you more sensitive to how the bike moves around gaining and loosing grip.

Good to strengthen you stability muscles as you have to constantly rebalance and find grip.

Also makes you appreciate good weather 🙂

kingkongsfinger
    Free Member

Done 3.5hrs tonight on MTB, was muddy and had a few showers. Just have to pedal harder if you get cold. Doing a Tabata session in the morning was a bad idea though.

Mates free hub body died so he had to pretend he was a fixie freak and keep pressure on the drive chain for the last 45 mins to keep it engaged. Loved every minute. 😀

mrphil
    Free Member

Not to bothered about rain/wind/snow riding.

Done Llandegla in this weather, that included riding from Wrexham to One Planet

Great day.

This week done 2 (tues an thurs) coast rides from Brombough to Parkgate (wirral).

Haze

and only missing tonight cause I’m stuck in work

Tip – try not to spend so much time on STW during the day, it’ll save you having to work later on a night. Then you can go out riding with your mates 😉

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 60 total)

The topic ‘Who rides in this weather then?’ is closed to new replies.