Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • Who rides a GT then? Are they back to their best?
  • MoseyMTB
    Free Member

I used to adore my GT bikes, I’ve fond memories of my Backwoods and lusting over my friends LTS, but then they lost their way.

I know the Athertons are racing on them which is great.

I ask because I’ve been offered a Force X frame and didn’t know if I should give it a chance?

Anybody riding one?

Cheers

JoeG
    Free Member

My GT Karakoram

Biopace, gumwalls, and a Hite-Rite. Its from 1988! 😀

oldtalent
    Free Member

The 6 month wait for parts has put me off ever buying one again. This was a few years back with a sanction.
    Shame as I quite like the latest version of it.

deviant
    Free Member

Yes, the new ones are good….if you like your 160mm-170mm travel bikes then arguably the Sanction is class leading.

The new Force was favorably reviewed by a website I read the other day, may have been Pinkbike…the Force is the more trail orientated one isn’t it?

(I also spent the 90s riding around on a GT Avalanche!)

robowns
    Free Member

This is purely superficial, but I really don’t like the look of them.

gar69
    Free Member

Love my 2014 carbon zaskar (lusted after the 90s polished Ali one) but I’m not sure about the full sus bikes.

gar69
    Free Member

Nomad
    Free Member

Nothing useful to offer sorry but here’s a pic of My old zaskar – great bike.

wrecker
    Free Member

If I could get hold of one of these (last years) at a reasonable price in large, I’d buy one now. The new colours are gopping.

If anyone’s after a medium, look here;
    http://www.biker-boarder.de/shopware/GT-2015-Sanction-Pro-27.5-2015-matte-black-Mountainbike_detail_67185.html

bombjack
    Free Member

As another former GT fanboy I picked up a reduced Zaskar 9er last year and its a great bike. Its far quicker than my old Zaskar LE, and I’m now tempted to get a Sensor or Force come the new year. One thing I couldn’t find however was any demo days, and the importer wasn’t much help either.

chestrockwell

I’m waiting for a 1993 RTS1 frame to be delivered, does that count?

kayla1
    Free Member

I had an Outpost when I was at uni, and have forever lusted after a proper Zaskar. I recently scratched that itch, sort of, by buying this 1996 Bravado-

I’ve since changed the saddle for something that doesn’t hurt, but is much less cool 😆

and a 1999 Pro Series, Mach One and Interceptor-

and a 1995 Fueler-

if that helps? Probably not, but I saw this as an opportunity to hawk my collection! 😀 80s and 90s GTs rocked, then they went all Halfords and sucked from 2000-ish and now they’re good again, sort of like Saracen I think.

essexbiker
    Free Member

I bought a new GT Grade (Gnarr bike) recently and it’s impressed me. I wouldn’t hesitate to have one of their MTB’s

prawny

Anyone know anything about the new Verb, I’m contemplating a new budget susser, but the own branded shock puts me off. Not a lot of info about at the mo, but I know there’s some connected folk on here.

JAG

Kayla1 – I love the way you’ve hung those bikes in the stairwell.

franki
    Free Member

Love my Grade. If I was looking for another MTB, the new Zaskar would be on my list.

unclezaskar
    Free Member

you can’t beat a GT Zaskar….

19 years old and still going strong 🙂

franki
    Free Member

you can’t beat a GT Zaskar….

19 years old and still going strong

I had one from that period. It was a sweet bike. 🙂

kayla1
    Free Member

That Zaskar is lush 😛

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

Anybody know how you actually get in touch with GT UK?

I’ve tried the website and followed links but get a message back from Pacific Cycles saying I’ve contacted the wrong place!!

I’m tempted to give up on what otherwise is an incredible bike!

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Been scanning the new catalogue with a mate (LBS) and the value is fairly incredible, build kits are good. The one that is tempting me now is the Grade, that may have something to do with our roads and gravel stuff out here

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

Id be out riding this bike if they’d get back to me. Worries me that I can’t freely buy spare parts.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Still missing the seat post clamp Mosey?

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

And any help with shock hardware size.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Tried a GT dealer?
    http://www.gtbicycles.com/aus_en/dealer-locator/
    With all else I’d just measure the hardware gap

kongman28
    Free Member

CSG UK are the importers. Their offices are open Monday to Friday 9-5:30 on 01202 732288

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

I’ll try and get the measurements.

The dealers on the site for my area don’t actually stick GT.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

if not call a TF/Mojo they can normally find it out quick

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

Yeah I went down that route and they didn’t have the force X carbon on system and asked me to measure it.

I’ll have to ask the dealer to measure it.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

if you want to pretend to be aussie drop these guys a mail now and you might have a response before monday morning your time
    http://www.monzaimports.com.au/

Northwind

One thing to watch for with the carbon models is that they’re not that light… That’s not a criticism, GT just haven’t gone that way, but it’s something people sometimes expect from a carbon bike.

It seems like they’ve learned a lot from Dan Atherton, they used to be pretty tall and steep, US style.

Keva
    Free Member

here’s my 1998 GT now converted to a SS runaround

tomhoward

Not mine anymore, but this was ncredible, in both good and bad ways.

jk1980
    Free Member

The new ones are considered good, I’ve just bought a sanction, very capable bike. The fury looks good and I think the force is pretty highly rated so I’d be tempted to give it a go

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

It’s an absolute bargain and it needs to be to make me swap my remedy.

Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)

The topic ‘Who rides a GT then? Are they back to their best?’ is closed to new replies.