Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Who remembers the Nazi cafe,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
  • xterramac
    Free Member

AKA Edale station cafe 😉

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Was it that bad.?

cynic-al
    Free Member

al2000

It was great. Sure, they had their own ideas about how the clientele should behave and weren’t shy about communicating them, but it had a lot more character than it does now.

It’s nice now, but it’s all twee, and woven yogurt and roasted vegetable paninis, and if you want triple chips eggs beans and sausage (twice) you’re out of luck.

xterramac
    Free Member

Q, Was it that bad? A, In a comedy way, yes! Kind of fast show, Enfield type stuff,,,,,,,,
    It had more, don’t do that signs than anywhere on the planet, the old buzzard who ran the show, was an total legend.
    You sort of felt on the spot when you tried to buy anything, a bit like being called into the bosses office for a “chat” (just not sure how it was going to play out)

xterramac
    Free Member

I miss the Nazi cafe too al2000, it really added something very magic to a peaks ride,,,,,,,,,,

crazybaboon

Use to really like going in, we use to go in regular, a couple of times a week.
    Best was having to get the key to use the toilet, then borrowing the spare key and locking your friends in!
    Bloody cold in the winter, warming your hands on the back of the fridge!
    Even got the choclates of the christmas tree one year!

redthunder
    Free Member

There was a Cafe in Bristol once called [nicknamned] “Dirty Mikes”… even the rats left.

scruff
    Free Member

I got told off for feeding the dog who was kept behind the gate.

Will never forget Walleater wolfing down sausage egg beans and chips then riding up to Mam Tor on the road, how he didnt puke…

Sandwich

All of this is available at Grindleford Cafe, with added signage too (e.g. only 1 serviette per person!)

antigee

its a few years since the guy (Phil i think) who ran the grindleford cafe departed this earth bur there’s a pic of some of the signs of this blog

http://yorkalpineclub.org.uk/blogs/wp-content/uploads/2008/12/grindleford-we-luv-you-001sm.jpg

martinhutch

I love Grindleford Cafe. We had our Christmas dinner one year there and I slept propped between two chairs.

Much better than the ponciness, small portions and high prices down at the one above Outside in Hathersage.

al2000

Will never forget Walleater wolfing down sausage egg beans and chips then riding up to Mam Tor on the road, how he didnt puke…

On approximately 46lbs of Bullit with dual ply super tacky tyres as I recall. He wasn’t happy.

bigrich

the daughter had massive boobs.

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

the daughter had massive boobs.

There’s a cafe stop on one of our road routes and we only stop there for this reason. Shallow I know but… 😀

elzorillo
    Free Member

This mythical Edale cafe.. Is it the one up by the railway line?

Solo
    Free Member

Who remembers the Nazi cafe

Not this place then.

xterramac
    Free Member

Your right on the money there elzorillo, thats the one,,,,,,

Spin
    Free Member

Reminds me of the Soup Nazi from Seinfeld.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=svSGKJFSl-8[/video]

DavidB
    Free Member

Ask for mushrooms in the Grindleford Cafe..go on I dare you

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Who remembers the Nazi cafe,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,’ is closed to new replies.