Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Who pays for roads?
  • tankslapper
    Free Member

aracer
    Free Member

I didn't know little red crosses had that much money.

tankslapper
    Free Member

eh?

GrahamS

Excellent. http://ipayroadtax.com/ address noted for future irate debates.

There are some excellent factoids to common "anti-cyclist" arguments here:
    http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk/wiki/Bloody_cyclists

GrahamS

Want one of these:

miketually
    Free Member

Want one of these

I've got one 8)

simon1975

You can get that logo on a jersey!

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I've ssen this a couple of times recently. I think it's great, and I'm carfully memorising the important facts for next time I get into this argument. 😀

ourmaninthenorth

It's all too aggressive. Sure, when some twonk is bullying and yelling about road tax, red lights, insurance and all that, the instant reaction is to think f— off, I've got right on my side and this is what I can tell you.

But, for me, the change needs to go beyond that. It is well recognized that our national culture is very car focussed. So, a general move away from that will be more beneficial than a reacionary stance about this small point.

GrahamS

ourmaninthenorth: wise words, however when faced with some ignorant anti-cyclist twonk on a forum/comments-section then it is a handy link to have on standby.

miketually
    Free Member

Have to say, I've never actually had anyone yell anything at me about road tax.

ourmaninthenorth

however when faced with some ignorant anti-cyclist twonk on a forum/comments-section then it is a handy link to have on standby.

Though the journey of a thousand miles starts with a single step, my experience tells me that the single step will not be an idiot behind the wheel with whom one is trading abuse. I just resort to calling them a c–t and go on with my day.

ourmaninthenorth

Have to say, I've never actually had anyone yell anything at me about road tax.

Ah, but that's because they know you'll tweet mean things about them @DarloBard..! 😀

While I'm out on my bike, the car I have paid Vehicle Excise Duty for is parked on private land.

miketually
    Free Member

While I'm out riding my bike, the vehicle I've paid the VED for, but never drive, is being driven by my wife, who does not pay VED.

ourmaninthenorth

While I'm out riding my bike, the vehicle I've paid the VED for, but never drive, is being driven by my wife, who does not pay VED.

Does that mean if you get yelled at for not paying road tax, you're legitimately entitled to then yell at Mrs McT…?

crazy-legs

I'm going to print out a load of those leaflets and carry them round with me whenever I'm on my bike.
    I get the "you should be made to pay road tax" shout about once every couple of months or so.

Nick

I've never had a driver yell at me, some kids threw a can at me once, they probably didn't have VED or insurance anyway.

It's a fun, but silly campaign, those that feel they have more right to be on the road because they have to pay an additional tax before they are allowed to are not going to be influenced in anyway by a hippy on a bike trying to argue with them otherwise, of course we know, smugly, that cyclists, horseriders and pedestrians have a right in law to be there, motorists need a license, which can be taken away, and have no rights without one.

aracer
    Free Member

I'm going to print out a load of those leaflets and carry them round with me whenever I'm on my bike.
    I get the "you should be made to pay road tax" shout about once every couple of months or so.

Making them into paper planes to throw? Or how else are you planning on delivering?

tankslapper
    Free Member

Brilliant Tankslapper well done………(pats self on back)

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Who pays for roads?’ is closed to new replies.