Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 129 total)
  • Who owns a non popular bike……show and tell
  • Alcopop
    Free Member

I havent seen many of these out and about

grayzeee
    Free Member

hmmm . i like that alcopop
    doesn't anyone have a pic of a working proflex??
    i seem to remember some changable elastomer suspension grommet system?

gazc
    Free Member

raleigh rsp100 – had it since i was 16 and use it for commuting/pub bike/touring/shopping bike now. had it locked up next to an uber trendy fixie outside the pub last night which made me realise how uncool it is in fashion circles especially covered with old no fear and mbuk stickers and panniers… glad i decided to stick with it tho instead of getting a langster/flyer which i was toying on replacing it with and deciding to treat it to some new gears and cranks instead 😀

chopperT
    Free Member

Go the RSP. My RSP ti.

And the Hoss, great mount for a big man, sure there's one in Ton's back catalog.

ton

chopperT……….2 mate, a poo brown one and a nice blue one. 8)

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

In the nichetastic world of tandem mountainbiking these are relatively popular. I don't think I have ever seen another on the trails

A long long way from standard

martinh
    Free Member

For a couple of months it was the only one in the country. Now there are two. But I think its going to get more popular in 2010

singlespeedstu

*drums fingers and waits for Paradox to arrive* 😐

HeathenWoods
    Free Member

Planet X Armadillo. Not massively uncommon but not exactly popular.

Pastey Howler. Never really took off. Chain tensioner <shudders>.

I once had a Marin – another kind of unpopular.

MrNutt
    Free Member

pic from last year…

number 11 of 100 back in 07, still going strong (rode it this morning).

Barney_McGrew
    Free Member

I've yet to see another Bionicon Golden Willow whilst on my travels. People do seem to be interested in it when they see what it is though.

Northwind

Depends on your definition… I reckon my old Carrera Kraken would be pretty unpopular here, but in terms of sales it's probably one of the more common mountain bikes out there. It's a surprisingly nice frame though.

Spankmonkey
    Free Member

WHY are pepople posting pics of POPULAR bikes which are a bit rare???????????????????? i.e the sanderson, golden willow, Elswoth and ON-One + many more, even a 456 posted, ffs these ARE ALL POPULAR, ok some may be a bit rare but still popular LOL………..

the topic was for non popular bikes,

Candodavid
    Free Member

853 Curtis.
    Only one of these ever made, custom built just for me, owned for 12 months and have ridden alot more than I thought I would.

supersessions9-2
    Free Member

I have seen a few other Mather's, but seeing as no two are the same, this is unique:

I_Ache
    Free Member

Got a DMR Switchback never seen another in real life but somebody off here has one. Mine will soon be built up SS.

juan
    Free Member

I have a hoss so fairly popular and a rocky mountain switch from 2003 (first generation black and bronze) I have yet to see one of them in the UK 😀

genesis
    Free Member

Have a custom geometry Roberts Genesis with disk tab and full 853, its the only one I've ever seen, and a Series1 Cannondale Jekyll with a polished frame and LeftyMax again the only one I've ever seen in that spec.

woffle
    Free Member

I've seen a couple of Airnimal Chameleons and Rhinos on my commute and I know there is at least one Joey on STW but I've yet to see another Elite (the Rohloff one)…

Beagleboy

This is Enid, my Raleigh. Upgraded her to 4-pot shimano XT brakes and a Bomber fork, but she still feels like you're dragging an anchor on the climbs. Also a funny whining noise coming from the back quite often. 😈

Does have 'Pilot' and 'Co-Pilot' printed on the top tube though, which is pretty cool. 😆

colin@rush
    Free Member

My corsair built up…

genesis
    Free Member

Thats a nice looking Corsair

ski
    Free Member

I picked up a Raleigh Maverick for £5 at the weekend, sorry no pics yet!

Wanted something to use round town, or to the pub, think it dates back to 1985. Bit of a gate and looks like Raleigh have tried to copy what the Americans were making at the time.!

5 speed, seems to be all original and in amazing condition, quite a relaxed riding position, amazing cow horns, but handles the rough stuff much better than I though it would, well, apart form the lowish bb and as for the brakes 😉

Still, its another bike for my collection and will get used.

Ton – being retro, you might know more about it that I do?

hungrymonkey
    Free Member

my solitude – now with regular gears and some bolt-thru forks and fat wheels. only seen one other solitude

and my soma juice – sold frame a year ago, had to be imported from the US for me though… never seen another soma about.

also have 2 konas (an A and a kula29) and a pinnacle cross bike, and a dawes tandem.

ton

ski…..is this the same

doctornickriviera
    Free Member

"Thats a nice looking Corsair "

Don't worry the beauty of the bike is balanced out perfectly by the owner's ugliness!!

sorry col ….nice bike

colin@rush
    Free Member

LOL thanks 🙂

hughjayteens
    Free Member

Maverick ML7/5 here too – attracted a lot of attention at Afan last month with most people saying they had heard of them but never had seen one in the flesh.

Still to ride a bike that does everything quite so well!

ooOOoo
    Free Member

I agree with crash test….these are all mainly niche bikes that are respected and popular

Now try riding a Claud Butler if you want to see the word 'meh' brought alive in body language. Yes that's right – I got no love, and I'm still bitter.

That Raleigh is more like it. That's minging!

adeward
    Free Member

this is it as a single speed,, but it now has a alfine rear hub,,, i do have another preston ,, very early test bike from maximum mountian bike

notice the special features 24 inch front wheel,26 inch rear wheel , super niche

si-wilson
    Free Member

I 'own' a Chumba EVO, very unpopular and unloved frame, i have only ever sold 1! they ride really well, but people don't like the looks 🙁

ton

i too own a unloved chumba……….wanna px it for a evo…..

mboy
    Free Member

I 'own' a Chumba EVO, very unpopular and unloved frame, i have only ever sold 1! they ride really well, but people don't like the looks

Now I've owned some pretty unpopular, and some would say some "ugly" full suspension bikes in the past (Orange X1, Original 1996 Proflex Animal, Maverick ML7), but that really is an abomination! No wonder you've never sold one!

I bet it does ride well, looks well made, decent 4 bar setup, looks like it should be pretty stiff too… But no way would you see me on one, that is the ugliest frame I think I've ever seen!

adeward
    Free Member

function first looks second,,, i am joint inventer of the whyte preston

Kramer
    Free Member

I'd love a Whyte Preston, if anyone knows of one going?

NormalMan

Funny that someone should mention a Raleigh Maverick 5 speed. I still have (most) of mine which I owned from new and it now resides in my garage roof! I did fit a swan neck stem and that carries my teeth marks in it from where I was hit by a car and went face first into the stem!

Also got my '91 Fisher Supercal frame with cracked headtube.

My current bikes are Fisher Celerity (1990) which is a SS and a Commencal Normal HT.

On the lookout for something better now as the Commie was a 'get me back into mtbing' purchase.

adeward
    Free Member
    one_bad_mofo

No pictures I'm afraid, But my first offering is a Roberts' DogsBolx. When it was built in 2001 it was the first dedicated SS DogBolx frame they'd built.
    Second offering is a Vicious Cycles Groover (with carbon fibre back-end) one of only two in the UK I think.

uphilla
    Free Member

Another Ventana,'El Salty'- never seen another like it, a few years old now, bought off Classifieds, still great fun..

marsdenman
    Free Member

'06 Fisher Ziggurat – never seen another one……

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 129 total)

The topic ‘Who owns a non popular bike……show and tell’ is closed to new replies.