Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 129 total)
  • Who owns a non popular bike……show and tell
  • mieszko
    Free Member

[double post]

hamishthecat
    Free Member

I have a sarcin (innit) Killi Racer or might be Flyer – I can't remember – in magnesium, bought off Ebay as NOS frame with no paint/branding etc for £40 which everyone tells me will break immediately. It's quite fugly with massive flattened down and top tubes, but weighs 3lbs for the frame and is a very compliant ride. I've been racing it three years and it's still going strong.
    I also have a Titus Switchblade which is similarly quite fugly but again is a great ride – on the fly suspension adjustment from 3.7 to 5.5 inches 8). I've never seen another in the UK and can't imagine there are too many around as the frame would have been nearly £2k in 2003.

Now has decent saddle at correct angle, decent stem and Middleburns.

hamishthecat
    Free Member

I have a sarcin (innit) Killi Racer or might be Flyer – I can't remember – in magnesium, bought off Ebay as NOS frame with no paint/branding etc for £40 which everyone tells me will break immediately. It's quite fugly with massive flattened down and top tubes, but weighs 3lbs for the frame and is a very compliant ride. I've been racing it three years and it's still going strong.
    I also have a Titus Switchblade which is similarly quite fugly but again is a great ride – on the fly suspension adjustment from 3.7 to 5.5 inches. I've never seen another in the UK and can't imagine there are too many around as the frame would have been nearly £2k in 2003.

Now has decent saddle at correct angle, decent stem and Middleburns.

hamishthecat
    Free Member

Arse.
    Apologies for double post – how do you edit?

Coyote
    Free Member

I have a Coyote Dual of which I've only seen one other.

I also own a Specialized P. All Moutain, custom built by myself, which again doesn't seem very common despite being a Spesh.

garydyke1
    Free Member

Youll hate this then

alanf
    Free Member

2001 Kona Manomano with glow in the dark decals!

RealMan
    Free Member

I have a saracen Kili flier.

I've got a broken one of those in the garage. Completely cracked all the way round the seat tube, just above the weld to the top tube.

glenh
    Free Member

I used to have one of these (well the frame at least). It was rubbish.

Wally

I also have a broken kili flier in the garage Mg variety.
    I broke 2. Chatted to the Saracen guy at the Bike Show and they did offload the whole lot to a chap who ebayed them one by one over several months. I sold the 3rd Mg replacement as new and it had a flattened top tube to reduce the stress point where it met the seat tube. Like Realman – my two frames went at this place. The latest ones might have fixed it – I was just twice bitten…..

hamishthecat
    Free Member

Heh heh, that Diamondback looks a bit like my Switchblade…

When the Saracen breaks (assuming it will) I'm going to see if it burns. 😯

oldgit
    Free Member

I have a Nicolai singlespeed, though it's a Argon CC rolhoff version it's without any guides as specced, I think the only one in the UK apart from the stolen one it replaced.
    (up for sale BTW)

theflatboy
    Free Member

not many of these about, ,though i know at least one person off here used to have one. amazing bike. 🙂

gator
    Free Member

Salsa El Santo – In Rojo-a-Go-Go red

I also have an El Santo mexican wresters mask – but that's another story

Gruenermoench
    Free Member

My Thylacine which I believe is currently the only one in Europe.

rob2
    Free Member

I was going to say I've got a salsa el santo and never seen or heard of anyone else with one, but gator's got one too. Down right common!

Nice bike tho

colin@rush
    Free Member

I've just purchased a Corsair Marque and built up last week, great bike, i've only seen 1 other on the corsair stand at the bike show 🙂

Haven't got a pic of it built up yet…

si-wilson
    Free Member

ooo that Corsair looks nice! How have you built it up?

Ton, i have quite a few bikes that are 'non popular' but i dont you will want to see them 🙁

rob2
    Free Member

I was going to say I've got a salsa el santo and never seen or heard of anyone else with one, but gator's got one too. Down right common!

Nice bike tho

joolsburger
    Free Member

Quite rare these days.

rob2
    Free Member

Nice bike tho

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

rob, we heard you the first time…..

rob2
    Free Member

before anyone asks I don't know why my post came up three times!

gingerflash

Chromag Sakura? Not seen another one yet or even heard of anyone owning one.

JohnClimber
    Free Member

terrahawk – Member
    there's only 2 of these

There are only 2 of these and both are SS (now) in the UK. Sorry Phil 😥

furry_marmot
    Free Member

'98 GT Bravado (Reynolds 631 beauty, most parts original, still rides amazingly)
    custom geometry Sinister Ridge (FTW is a legend)
    Sinister Gruitr (4.5" – 6.5" for long days in big mountains and general misbehaviour)

my big bike is an Orange – I couldn't justify going any more niche than that when the Orange is simply *so* good at what it's designed for. Though it is due for replacement next season…

zaskar
    Free Member

Dam I saw some kids on a Zaskar yesterday.

But have one of these with Kona P2 forks:

STX RC and other old bits, 1994 edt.

IsaacClarke
    Free Member

Never seen another one of these before!!

Planet-X Easton RAD Jackflash in Daktary paint

Marmite – But I love it!!

IsaacClarke
    Free Member

Not mine!!

[img]http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2403/2503036877_ed86d17eb7.jpg[/img]

Englishmastiff
    Free Member

http://www.pinkbike.com/photo/2962130/

Can anyone give me a plain english instruction on how to post pictures on here??

Anyway, my bike, an 07 front with an 08 rear so it doesn't go snap like all the other 07's did!!
    See very few of these around, i love it. It went to the Alps again this year, it was the only bike that stayed in one piece!!

JohnClimber
    Free Member

Englishmastiff – Member

Can anyone give me a plain english instruction on how to post pictures on here??

Click on the IMG button and put in your URL

Or just type

(IMG)www.YOUR-URL.com(/IMG) but instead or round brackets I've used use the square ones like these [ ]

clunker

My Roberts D.O.G.S B.O.L.X

Also own a 80's White Spider too.

singlespeedstu

There's only one of these in the UK.

There were two of them at one point though.

But one of them's gone back to it's maker now .

JC.

Them things are as common as shite these days.

aviemoron
    Free Member

Lovely bike, best suspension action ever – just didn't fit me, waaay to far back over the bb (long femurs) – shame.

therealhoops
    Free Member

I've noticed Nicolai's getting alot of stick recently (from the lower echelons). I have the pleasure of being aloft a Helius FR and I flipping loves it. Only ever seen one other FR and a CC on the trails.

Kato

Got enough hose on those brakes Gruenermoench?

GNARGNAR
    Free Member

Stunning. Would love to see the full build and hear your thoughts on how it rides.

flange
    Free Member

Those Mavericks are lovely, I'd love one if I could justify having a FS living in Suffolk

gazman
    Free Member

merida mission comp with rear shock in spesh epic position, never seen another one but there must be some out there pics please, i will post one tomorrow.

john_drummer
    Free Member

I have 2x Gary Fisher bikes

I understand they're quite unpopular with the nicheaholics on here 😉

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 129 total)

The topic ‘Who owns a non popular bike……show and tell’ is closed to new replies.