Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Who on here still rides rigid bikes for mtbing?
  • teadrinker
    Free Member

As above says, just wondered if anyone still does? Also which variety are you 29″ or 26″

yunki
    Free Member

a few folk.. take a look here for a recent thread on the subject

teadrinker
    Free Member

thanks yunki

sturider

davidjohn
    Free Member

I get a nice soft ride out of my rigid bike.. 😀

DJ

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Rigid, singlespeed, singular swift is my most used bike, works equaly well on stuff where a CX would be appropriate, and on stuff which I’d hesitate at on the Pitch!

The only difference is it doesn’t forgive even minor mistakes, so you soon learn to be accurate with line choices. The upside/downside of this is I’m much smoother on the FS bike when I swap back, the downside is I usually take half a day to realize that I can be less accurate and don’t need ot close my eyes an pray each time I have to rely on 6″ of squish to get me through!

TiRed

Rigid SS 29er is my first and only bike (for now)…

takisawa2

Fully rigid SS 29er here too, & it is my only MTB.

pebblebeach
    Free Member

Rigid rebuilt orange p7
    Jake the snake cx bike
    Rigid Marin bought 1990 and rebuilt as rigid singlespeed

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

I only ride rigid at the mo, and have done for a while.

I’d never ride a hard tail as just don’t really see any point in them.

I possibly would look at a FS though, but never get round to it.

Bernaard
    Free Member

Rigid 69er ss is the main bike here
    I only use the fs now and then to justify it’s existence
    If SWMBO had a paddy and one had to go it would be the susser

FuzzyWuzzy

Just bought a rigid SS 29er myself to, enjoy it on local trails but glad to have a FS as well for day rides/trail centres

AndrewJ
    Free Member

Not ridden mine since Twentyfour12! 🙁 I picked up a thumb injury which is taking ages to heal and means riding rigid is just too painful at the moment.

rocketman
    Free Member

Up until recently my mate was riding Cannock on a ’96 Al Carter Tacoma. He used to get white hands with pink blotches because of the vibration and double vision on the descents but otherwise he got round very respectably.

Has recently complemented it with a HT but he still rides round with the forks virtually locked out. He doesn’t like how the the geometry changes when the fork moves.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Who on here still rides rigid bikes for mtbing?’ is closed to new replies.