Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • who offers a good alfine 11 service in bristol
  • sambuka
    Free Member

I bought my bike from Wiggle 6 months ago, it’s ready for a service, but who should I take it to in Bristol?

I want someone who is familiar with the Alfine 11 hub as it needs tweaking – it’s skipping every now and then…

Also the chain has stretched but I can’t see how to tighten it, the bottom bracket is already in the max stretch position…

Any advice?

Many thanks

sambuka
    Free Member

anyone ?

bonchance
    Free Member

I don’t know. As a suggestion – I know that ‘Bike’ opposite the old habitat in Clifton sell Alfine equipped bikes in the enthusiast category and seem like generally good guys _ good luck!

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

Try Strada in Bedminster very good cycle shop

Andy-R

sambuka – Member

I want someone who is familiar with the Alfine 11 hub as it needs tweaking – it’s skipping every now and then…

Also the chain has stretched but I can’t see how to tighten it, the bottom bracket is already in the max stretch position…

There’s no internal “tweaking” that can be done with Alfine hubs (not that I can see anyway). If the cable adjustment is correct and the cable isn’t sticking then they either work or they don’t. There are some reported instances of the 11 speed needing to be set up with the alignment marks slightly out of line to get better shifting but as I don’t own an 11 speed version I can’t speak from experience.

As far as chain adjustment goes – take out two pitches (one complete link) and fit a Gusset slink link and a half. That’ll give you some adjustment back. Depending on the EBB you might be able to just lose a whole link ( 1″) if you have over half an inch of adjustment in total on the EBB.

Marko

Give Greg a ring:

http://www.cycletherapist.co.uk/

Hth
    Marko

bristolbiker
    Free Member

Bike UK defo do – they had to order the kit for my hubs first service….. in fact I need to book it in for its second one, er, now….

As above, there is no tweaking of the hub to be done as part of the service – drain, flush replace oil. That’s it.

MrAgreeable

I’m pretty sure Bike UK have the tools to do Alfine 11 hubs, however as others have said it sounds like all you need to do is take a link out of your chain.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘who offers a good alfine 11 service in bristol’ is closed to new replies.