• This topic has 18 replies, 17 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by rsl1.
Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • How many bikes in a LWB Sprinter (or similar)
  • poisonspider
    Free Member

As title really, anyone know roughly how many bikes you could get in the back of a LWB Sprinter (or similar) without taking them apart (assume not boxed)?

Andy_K

Don’t know, but **** loads.

HTH!

SirHC

Seem to remember getting 20 road bikes into a long wheelbase high top transit with ease, bikes were space out with cardboard.

Have also managed to fit 9 bikes in the back of a lwb transporter, pedals off and bars turned.

weeksy

got to be easily 20.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

A hell of a lot, more if you packed well, hard bit is keeping them from chewing each other to pieces

poisonspider
    Free Member

Thanks chaps.

tomaso
    Free Member

A lwb Sprinter has a 4.2m long load area and is 1.79m wide and if it if a high roof 1.9m tall.
    How many I guess depends on how tight you can squeeze them in.

tthew

How many do you need in there? Depends on how much effort you put into taking off wheels/pedals and turning bars. In a van that size if you really wanted loads you could go 2 levels too with a couple of thicknesses of sturdy cardboard between them. Use plenty of padding if you’re at all worried about the paintwork.

mj27
    Free Member

Is this the STW version of how many sweets are in the jar? Would be a better game for all the sh1t Xmas fayres

ssboggy

Is this the STW version of how many sweets are in the jar? Would be a better game for all the sh1t Xmas fayres

What do you win if you guess correctly? 🙂

munrobiker
    Free Member

We as a cycling club have had 14 in a SWB Transit and around 30 in a LWB Iveco Cargo (roughly Sprinter sized) with bags of camping gear and stuff.

poisonspider
    Free Member

Didn’t want to do much (read none!) disassembly etc. because they might be in and out a few times.
    20 should be enough I think.

honourablegeorge

Dozens, and you still have loads of room for your ski mask and industrial bolt cutters

fergal
    Free Member

Bike thief!

AlexSimon

We kept them full and put a blanket between each one.
    They usually aren’t wide enough for the full bike so you have to lift the front wheel and jam it against the sides. Alternating the bike orientation.
    We’ve done it a few times and it always goes smoothly. One person stacking and a couple more passing bikes in.

Not as quick as an uplift trailer though where everyone can load their bike at once.

jakd95
    Free Member

On a club trip to Wales we got 10 mountain bikes in a swb Transit Custom with the front wheels off with no bother. Width ways across the van alternating the direction they face. Probably have no too much bother getting ~20 in a lwb Sprinter in 1 layer.

timber

If you were to double deck it, reckon 80 is comfortably possible.
    LWB Iveco Daily used to fit a fully kitted out 18x9m wedding marquee with lining, carpet, dance floor, electrics, tables and seating for 100.
    This also involved the use of the bump stops.

jam-bo

15+ DH bikes & riders. I know this from experience. it wasnt a pleasant experience. we started with about 8 of us but ended up picking up a few more as the day wore on.

we used to all chip in and do uplifts at triscombe quite a bit. the transit pickup was nicer.

rsl1
    Free Member

I’ve had about 15 whole bikes, half of which were dh sleds, comfortably in a standard wheelbase (I think, certainly shorter than the sprinter), new style high top transit. That left at least a metre of space still at the back I reckon.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘How many bikes in a LWB Sprinter (or similar)’ is closed to new replies.