Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)
  • Who makes the best wheels – In your experience & opinion
  • Rickos
    Free Member

These look good value…

1630g for the pair and £247.99.

http://www.freeborn.co.uk/kinesis-maxlight-vi-wheels

nosedive
    Free Member

hope hoops are great value if you can stretch to £280 or so……. all nice standard parts but the value of a factory build. On Stans Flow if you like smashing into things, on Crest if you are into pedalling a long way.

If you can afford a custom build I also suggest Just Riding Along. They do a really good build but will also generally help you out with stuff when things break. I turned up at his place once on a Friday lunchtime with a tangle of spokes and rim, explained I was leaving for Dalbeattie the next morning and he fixed the wheel for me in about 3 hours. Can’t beat that.

micky
    Free Member

Parts are cheap and readily available if you go for 2nd hand hope hoops. Another thumbs up for the quieter mavic crossmax. I have a UST set from 2003 that has never had a fault with the fat bladed spokes and has always run true.

jekkyl

for new crc coming in cheapest for a set of pro2 evo on crests for £298.
    plus 9 quid back thru quidco.

nowmefeelinit
    Free Member

Mate – if you’ve decided to go pre-built Hope Hoops, have a look at bikeoulet.co.uk. Crest/Pro2 Evo pair for £269 posted.

Or wiggle – same wheelset for £293 posted.

Either would be quicker than CRC based on my recent experiences!

Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)

The topic ‘Who makes the best wheels – In your experience & opinion’ is closed to new replies.