Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • who makes "not DH" tyres with thick carcasses ?
  • scaredypants

Bit bored with flinty cuts in my sidewalls – considering I don't ride that much, seems to be a bloody common problem

Not fussed about UST vs tubed (but maybe UST are thicker anyway ??)
    Not really fussed about weight (but don't especially want a 1kg dual ply DH tyre)

so, strongish thickish carcass, 2.3 or so …. ?

[nearly forgot – super-grippy, long lasting, fast rolling, ded cheap, … 😉 ]

solamanda
    Free Member

scaredypants

I'd prefer a bit fuller moon, if available

slowrider
    Free Member

ive had the same problem for ages, tried loads of stuff but maxxis seemed better than most, intense were good too, just heavy. still happening most rides though so ive given up and got a dual ply minion on the back and so far sticking with a single ply up front. theres no two ways about it, its heavy! only really noticed it on the first climb of the day though, after that i really didnt notice it and i was trying out if i could get up some big and tricky climbs without my granny ring as i keep losing my chain and am considering getting a single ring and guide setup.

it was dead good to hoon it through rocks without that thump followed by the hiss of doom!

LAT

UST tyres have thick carcasses and the XC versions don't have draggy compounds or really deep tread.

For a non-ust, the single-ply Maxxis Minion is fairly sturdy and good for mixed riding if you avoid tarmac.

There are probably others, but this is the limit of my experience.

scaredypants

Thanks y'aw
    Anyone else ?

I do generally like Maxxis tyres – is "L"UST very lightweight or do they have decent sidewalls as well (compared to their plain xc tryes, which I find too thin). All their xc tyres are LUST, all their DH ones are mere "UST" which makes me wonder a bit

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘who makes "not DH" tyres with thick carcasses ?’ is closed to new replies.