Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Who makes narrow wide cx rings?
  • cp

Aside from superstar (who I would happily use but they’re out of stock of black cx rings), who makes nw cx rings (I.e. 5 bolt, 110pcd)?

Not mega urgent so if there are some that have them in the pipeline I’d be interested…

bigblackshed
    GavinB

AbsoluteBlack

Been running one of theirs since last July on Ultegra cranks.

adam_h
    Free Member

Hope do 5 bolt 110 rings, 38t to 44t.

cp

thanks all, have a hope retainer on my anthem, i’ll look into those – i hadn’t realised they did them in cx too.

reggiegasket
    Free Member

Doval do an oval 110bcd.

davidjey
    Free Member

I’ve bought a hope one recently. Westbrook Cycles have then in stock in all sizes in black. It handled its trial run (a very bumpy round of the Western Summer Series) just fine.

cp

It handled its trial run (a very bumpy round of the Western Summer Series) just fine.

interesting – shimano or Sram? If the latter Type 2 clutch mech?

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

My hope one has done well so far – no chain drops and I’m not running a clutch mech.

cp

good good, what I wanted to hear 🙂 I’ll be running shimano 10 speed, but with the rear mech spring mod.

D0NK

rear mech spring mod.

???

D0NK

ah ha. Cheers.

LS
    Free Member

One of my teammates ran Absolute Black/10spd with the spring mod setups all last season with zero problems.

crispycross
    Free Member

I’ve had no problems with wolftooth rings (only manufacturer I’ve found for 135 bcd)and bog-standard 105 and ultegra mechs.

davidjey
    Free Member

cp – Member
    It handled its trial run (a very bumpy round of the Western Summer Series) just fine.
    interesting – shimano or Sram? If the latter Type 2 clutch mech?

Bog-standard 10spd 105 with a short cage r/mech. So no clutch.

Only ridden it twice like this. One test ride, featuring everything I could think of to try and drop the chain: bumpy terrain; shifting across the entire cassette whilst pedalling as choppily as possible; and one race. Seems completely unflappable. It hasn’t seen any (real) mud yet though.

EDIT: I’d seen that spring mod doing my research but forgotten all about it during the build 😕 Might have to try that.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Who makes narrow wide cx rings?’ is closed to new replies.