Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Who makes automatic small/medium sized vans? Help me find something…
  • redstripe
    Free Member

Looking for a (used) van for work & family use:
    Automatic due to knackered ankle, sub £10K budget, seating for 5 maybe 6 in total with removable/folding 2nd row of seats, needs to be at least 1.2m high through back to get motorbikes in and at least 2m in length in the back for the same reason (with 1 or more rear seats removed/folded), but preferably 3m long so kayaks can fit in (although could use roof rack). Minibus or crew van would be good although I could get a panel van and do the conversion for the side windows and approved/tested seats.

I know there are Mercedes Vitos and VW Transporters but all I can find on Ebay/Gumtree/Autotrader are either knackered builders vans, taxis, mega miles, or just too expensive. LWB Hiace would be perfect but no auto version. What else is out there worth looking at? Cheers

chewkw
    Free Member

redstripe – Member

LWB Hiace would be perfect but no auto version.

I don’t know why there is no automatic gear Hiace in UK … hmmm …

To your question … don’t know but VW is the only one I have the experience of being driven in.

timber

Are the Japanese import Hiaces automatic? Regius or something.

Edit: or Granvia

rc200f8
    Free Member

Hyuandi iload (van), or i800 (minibus) or viarao/trafic/primstar but these are ‘easytronics’ not proper autos as per the hyuandis

ElShalimo

Second hand black cab taxi ?

redstripe
    Free Member

Thanks, Granvia/Regius a possibility but a bit long in the tooth now and a pain to take the seats in and out as they are bolted on sliders. I like the look of iload/i800, at least on paper, must go and look at one and try out. Is an easytronic gearbox like a dsg (robotised manual)?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Who makes automatic small/medium sized vans? Help me find something…’ is closed to new replies.