Viewing 10 posts - 81 through 90 (of 90 total)
  • Who loves – and I mean really loves – their job?
  • Stoatsbrother
    Free Member

Love mine 90% of the time.

That doesn’t mean I wouldn’t like to work 25% less for 10% less money, or don’t want to ever retire.

fontmoss
    Free Member

i’m still studying but have to say I’m loving it, I’m not in lectures (well a bit) and get to do practical stuff almost every day whilst interacting with people and stretching my brain every day. <smug git emoticon>

bernard
    Free Member

Hated mine (construction)love it now (stay at home dad)

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

I love (coming home from) mine.

samuri
    Free Member

Mine’s alright. Wish I got paid more but I guess everyone thinks that.
    I love the stuff around my job. The commute is pre3tty damn good to be honest, some of the perks are quite nice and it really is quite interesting most of the time.

I dislike the politics. It’s bobbins. Selfish buggers. Just do your job and help the company achieve it’s goals. Trying to build your own little power structure is pathetic. If you want to be in charge, go form your own company.

dekadanse
    Free Member

Coming up to 50, I discovered what I really wanted to do (brain injury rehab and creating new services for ABI people and their families.)

Now, 11 years later, I’m still loving it and I sure as hell don’t want to stop yet. Sure the money’s mainly rubbish to mediocre at best, and the defensive professional and managerial budgetary blikeredness and jobsworthiness is bol****s, and totally short sighted of course, but nonetheless you meet some amazing people who literally rise again from the ashes and inspire us all. I feel privileged…….honestly!

IvanDobski
    Free Member

I hate my job.

It pays well, career progression varies between steady and spectacular and I have 2 real terms pay rises per year.

I’ve hit the point where I just don’t care about the politics etc and as such I’ve started speaking my mind more. The more I say something’s shit the better I look, the more I get paid and the deeper into the lifestyle I sink.

The deeper I sink the more I need the money to keep up. I quit once and then got talked into a golden handcuffs deal. The signing of which was the single worst decision I’ve ever made.

The worst of it is I genuinely believe in the work I’m doing – just not how I’m made to do it.

4ndyB
    Free Member

I’m working in a LBS

Been in the trade for quite a few years now & still love it

Wallet’s a bit thin due to the wages and buying new shiny things

But I get to play with bikes all day

althepal

Really enjoy my job, prob would say I love it. Has it’s off days,the service is quite badly run and staff morale is pretty crap but I get a lot of satisfaction. Was in my late 20s and staring down at a desk the rest of my puff did not go down well. Made the decision to change career while I still could and glad I did. Now work for the ambulance service.
    Would I fo it if I wasn’t being paid… Maybe!

Woody
    Free Member

Wouldn’t go as far to say that I love my job but it’s certainly the only one I’ve ever had which has given me any satisfaction and the feeling of having done something useful. It’s also the only job I’ve had where I don’t groan at the thought of my next shift, even though, relatively speaking, it’s also the lowest paid.

There aren’t many jobs where you can run the full set of emotions from despair to frustration to anger to elation to excitement to relief, all in the space of a 12 hour shift.

Viewing 10 posts - 81 through 90 (of 90 total)

The topic ‘Who loves – and I mean really loves – their job?’ is closed to new replies.