Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Who lives in/near Chapeltown/Egerton, north of Bolton?
  • edward2000
    Free Member

And is it a decent area? Looking to move somewhere a bit more rural from where we are at the moment. Commutable to Swinton but with riding on the doorstep.

samuri
    Free Member

Both nice enough. Egerton is on the A666, busy road so unless you’re right on the edge you’ll be seeing plenty of traffic. Chapeltown nice community village, up in the hills already, masses of riding in the area. I’d prefer Chapeltown myself because it’s a little off the main roads.

Bregante

Very nice area in my opinion with excellent riding from the doorstep. If I could convince the Mrs to move, it would probably be top of my list (even though some of the Monday night reprobates bring the house prices down)

geoffj

I grew up in Bromley cross and went to school in Egerton.
    It’s a lovely bit of the world. Chapletown and Edgeworth are nice places, Egerton whilst also nice is a bit more of a sprawl. Bromley Cross and Chapletown are better for train links into Manchester.
    You’ll probably get more for your cash in Edgeworth and would probably be my area of choice if returning down there.

edward2000
    Free Member

Thanks people. Anyone else?

wors

Very nice part of the world. As other have said, decent riding from the door. Local pub is a good community pub too.

bwfc4eva868
    Free Member

Very nice areas. Chapletown would be my choice though. Went to school in bromely cross. Have a look Harwood area also, very nice, quiet and house prices reasonable. Close access to bury and Bolton town centre.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Who lives in/near Chapeltown/Egerton, north of Bolton?’ is closed to new replies.