Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Who knows about fast track driving courses?
  • carlosg
    Free Member

For as long as I can remember Mrscarlos has been talking about taking lessons and passing her test. Just lately she has been looking at the fast track courses where you have a 45 hour week of lessons followed by a test at the end. Before today we didn’t have the spare cash to throw at it but courtesy of some PPI repayments we now do.

Has anyone done one of these courses or knows somebody who has? It does seem like a better option to get it all over with rather than a couple of lessons a week for 12 months.

benp1

I thought you were going to ask for lessons about racing tracks!

I have nothing to add unfortunately!

emsz
    Free Member

I did one.

It was pretty stressful and full on, there’s loads and loads of driving, which is the point I know, but it’s hard work, then there’s homework in the evening about the highway code and signs and wot not. I passed so it worked, but I wouldn’t do it again. (I know I don’t have to, dur)

rossburton
    Free Member

My wife did one. She’d had the odd lesson over the years so wasn’t a complete beginner but passed first time. She did the theory beforehand so that was out of the way.

Moses

My daughter did this – she took the theory side first.
    Lots of hours driving, lots of stress, but she passed.

craigxxl
    Free Member

I did my driving licence in a week and as Emsz said it is full on but at the same time you’re not spending half a lesson repeating what you’d covered in the previous one. My motorbike licence was done on the same method.
    I would recommend this method over an hour or two each week as you build confidence quicker and the techniques become ingrained quicker with the repetition during the day.

P-Jay
    Free Member

Did my bike test that way, quite enjoyed it.

I know the test had changed a lot in the last few years, but 45 hours seems an awful lot! I think I had maybe 10-12 lessons for mine?

If you’ve got spare cash then I can’t see why not, but if it was earned money I’d persionally teach her myself to the point of basic vehicle control (clutch, gears, etc) and go from their – assuming your car is learner friendly.

Markie
    Free Member

I did mine this way 8 years ago. I loved it. A week cruising round Swindon and then the test.

wukfit
    Free Member

I did mine in a similar way
    Already had my theory before starting
    8x 2 hour lessons in 10 days
    Test at the end
    Passed first time

I had originally payed for 10 lessons but my instructor felt I didn’t need them, so refunded me

I would have taken a lot longer if I was doing one lesson a week, especially as I had no one to go driving with except during lessons

footflaps

I think I had maybe 10-12 lessons for mine?

That seems quite low, pretty sure I had 20-25 before mine. I wasn’t a natural driver though..

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Who knows about fast track driving courses?’ is closed to new replies.