Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Who knows about Electric RC buggy chargers?
  • Speeder

I got a Ripmax Husky off my brother a few years back as a birthday present for me and my son and he’s expressed an interest in getting it running again but I’ve misplaced the charger.

I always thought the one that came in the box was a bit basic and I am aware that better things are available that will “smart” charge the pack/s but it’s a bit of a minefield. Anyone any pointers? I really want something that can fast or slow charge and will auto manage so I can know when it’s full rather than just guess based on the amount of time it’s been connected like I did with the old one.

This Ripmax one on eBay looks ok and is about the right sort of price currently (I don’t want to have to spend much more than £20.

Oh I like a readout so I can see what’s happening rather than just some lights and it’s got to be Mains & 12V supply in case we take it out in the car sometime.

Many thanks if anyone has got this far. ;o)

Gary

jimdubleyou

No advice to offer other than don’t get a buggy one, get one that works.

IGMC.

wiggles
    Free Member

The ripmax one you have linked to should work make sure you have the right charging cable/connectors. If possible get a lipo compatible one for future proofing check out hobbyking for batteries and chargers. Lipo will give a much better run time and often a bit more power.

Doh1Nut

I use the Turnigy Accucel 6 but actually that Ripmax one looks to have similar capabilities.

The turnigy one needs a separate power brick to run it – might be worth checking if the ripmax one does also

Nick

Speeder

Thanks Gents if I can get the Ripmax one for a decent price that it is.

Cheers

Gary

Northwind

That wee Turnigy is good but there’s probably more fakes than real ones on sale online. I have their B6 Pro which is cheap and decent (and also massively bottlegged).

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Who knows about Electric RC buggy chargers?’ is closed to new replies.