Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Who knew? The 'W' in George W Bush is for 'Renaissance'
  • shermer75
    Free Member
    benji
    Free Member

Former US President George W Bush, who has said he is admittedly “not a great painter” surely this is the news a politician finally tells the truth.

gogg
    Free Member

**** me I fell of my chair!!

It’s NEARLY as good as his reading!

gobuchul
    Free Member

It’s a myth that George W is intellectually stupid. He flew fast jets in the military. To do that takes above average intelligence.

shermer75
    Free Member

gobuchul – Member
    It’s a myth that George W is intellectually stupid. He flew fast jets in the military. To do that takes above average intelligence.

So why does he come across as such a moran (sic)? Is that his way of putting you at ease?

gobuchul
    Free Member

So why does he come across as such a moran (sic)? Is that his way of putting you at ease?

I really don’t know.

He does come across as completely stupid at times and has made some awful gaffes. However, the fact he can fly and land a military aircraft would suggest he has some intelligence.

I am no fan by the way.

torsoinalake
    Free Member

Vladimir Putin has got to be made up with that likeness.

If it’s not hanging over the fireplace in the Kremlin by Christmas, well then I just don’t know.

gogg
    Free Member

If it’s not hanging over the fireplace in the Kremlin newly annexed White House by Christmas, well then I just don’t know.

torsoinalake
    Free Member

😀

iolo
    Free Member

Those paintings are form 3 level art at best.
    I saw him telling his daughter about them. Good grief they are awful.
    Apparently his girl is some kind of tv reporter. I wonder how she got that job? The same way George W got the White House gig – dear old papa.
    He should be put in court for war crimes together with that slug Tony Blair. Lock them up in a Guantanamo bay style pad somewhere in Iraq and torture them a bit. After all that’s what they did. Evil Bastards the pair of them.

martinhutch

Probably better than I could do. Not sure I’d publish any of my artistic efforts though. I’ve read a lot about Dubya from people who both had the intelligence to assess him as a president, and prepared to slag off those didn’t make the grade. Quite a few seem to rate him pretty highly in terms of ability to listen, intelligence etc. Christopher Meyer, our former ambassador in Washington during the Blair era, certainly did.

It’s easy to fall into the trap of assuming he was low-functioning because of some public awkwardness and gaffes during his time. But that’s principally political propaganda.

The influence he allowed from his backers and their neo-con hawk policies is a different issue though.

Junkyard
    Free Member

He flew fast jets in the military. To do that takes above average intelligence.

Odd they never thought to send him to Vietnam then at the time given his talent and the war and left him with the national Guard…..thats where all the elite pilots ended up I assume?
    I wonder if his dad helped…what do you think?

Critics, including former Democratic National Committee Chairman Terry McAuliffe, have alleged that Bush was favorably treated due to his father’s political standing as a member of the House of Representatives, citing his selection as a pilot despite his low pilot aptitude test scores and his irregular attendance

I accept he is not as stupid as his tortured speaking suggests but clearly he is no intellectual colossus either.

His art is probably worse that Prince Harrys who again excelled in the military due to his own personal fortitude rather than a family connection 😉

sbob
    Free Member

It’s better than I could do…

wingnuts

I think that that portrait is the reason Putin is pushing for war on the west.

gobuchul
    Free Member

Odd they never thought to send him to Vietnam then at the time given his talent and the war and left him with the national Guard…..thats where all the elite pilots ended up I assume?

Never suggested he was an elite pilot. However, I would expect it is a distinct minority of people who have both the physical and mental capability to learn how to fly a fighter jet.

I take it you could easily learn how to fly a fast jet as you such an “intellectual colossus” yourself?

Underhill
    Free Member

I should imagine being an elite pilot also requires not inconsiderable hand/eye coordination, something these paintings do not seem to indicate at first glance.

bearnecessities

[snigger]Bush art[/snigger]

sangobegger
    Free Member

Art and Bush the Prez – Hmmmmm.
    Its still not April 1st is it.

chewkw
    Free Member

I think he is better most of the zombie maggots around. 🙄

Stupid? You have underestimated him.

colournoise

They’re passable. There’s an awkwardness to them that looks like it’s a slight lack of competence rather than an aesthetic choice. Not sure I’d exhibit them if my paintings looked like that (guessing that again his position/background rather than aptitude led to him getting an exhibition).

(as an at teacher am slightly qualified to comment).

Junkyard
    Free Member

I take it you could easily learn how to fly a fast jet as you such an “intellectual colossus” yourself?

I would be disappointed if I did not out perform him in most tasks requiring thinking ….you?
    TBH i dont think what I am saying is all that controversial
    His family possibly helped him out in his career* and he is not an intellectual giant of our time*
    Which of these do you wish to disagree with?

*you did not comment on either preferring to have a gentle pop at me instead

huckleberryfatt
    Free Member

He’s better with faces then he ever was with names … but then that’s not saying much
    🙂

martinhutch

I would be disappointed if I did not out perform him in most tasks requiring thinking

It’s good to have such self confidence. Those are the kind of qualities that make you presidential material. 🙂 All you need now is the backing of the wealthy elite…

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

The current academic attainment required to become a pilot in the US Air Force is a bachelors degree, preferably in a science based subject, so nothing special. I’ve no idea what the entry requirement would have been back in W’s day but he managed a B.A. in History and an MBA from Harvard, based on his attainment he’s no dummy but equally he’s no intellectual colossus either.

None of which has much to do with his talent with paintbrush which is clearly limited.

gobuchul
    Free Member

based on his attainment he’s no dummy but equally he’s no intellectual colossus either.

I would agree with that.

His family possibly helped him out in his career* and he is not an intellectual giant of our time*

I’m certain they did. However George Senior didn’t fly in his jet with him and land it for him, now did he?

I would be disappointed if I did not out perform him in most tasks requiring thinking ….you?

If you have never met him why would you think this? Your only knowledge of him is a political persona.

Unless of course you are some great intellectual who gets mental stimulus from debates on mountain bike forums?

Besides the giant lizards that actually run the planet aren’t stupid and they wouldn’t take the risk of allowing a real dumb ass to become President, who might just give them away.

Junkyard
    Free Member

However George Senior didn’t fly in his jet with him and land it for him, now did he?

That will be why no one has said it.

Thanks for attacking me again but its possible to form opinions of folk you have not met be it the PM, the US president, the Yorkshire ripper or a STW poster and I dont think it is very controversial to suggest Bush is not an intellectual giant.

you can keep goading me if you wish but it wont change this

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘Who knew? The 'W' in George W Bush is for 'Renaissance'’ is closed to new replies.