Viewing 26 posts - 41 through 66 (of 66 total)
  • Who is Tony Blair's boss?
  • MrWoppit
    Free Member

I think Northwind’s dad could be on to something there…

konabunny
    Free Member

During his first term, Blair was shaping up to be an decent domestic prime minister.

And people sneer at the Swiss for their neutrality. Meanwhile, 100,000 Iraqis died.

mudshark
    Free Member

Money was found

He he yeah.

edlong
    Free Member

I can’t understand why he hasn’t been expelled from the Labour Party for bringing the party into disrepute.

Personally, I thought when they made “Encouragement of terrorism” a specific criminal offence he should have been the first in the dock. If anyone in this country has “encouraged terrorism” it’s him.

slowoldman

It was a US agenda and given the UK’s positioning with the US we didn’t have too many options

I can’t think of a better reason for severing links.

ac282

that was a very different era, pre the global terrorism we have witnessed.

The 60s were an era where the threat of nuclear armageddon felt much more real than today. We (UK) were in the process of moving our strategic deterrent over to a delivery system which was dependent on US technology. I think we were at least as tied into the US then as we are now.

ransos
    Free Member

And people sneer at the Swiss for their neutrality. Meanwhile, 100,000 Iraqis died.

Which part of “during his first term” did you have trouble understanding?

dannyh
    Free Member

Who is Tony Blair’s boss?

God, surely.

Or has he had a go at usurping that position as well?

binners

They gave him the title peace envoy, because ‘bloke who uses his contacts to facilitate lucrative contracts between the multinationals he represents and dodgy, corrupt middle eastern regimes’ wouldn’t fit on a business card

footflaps

God, surely.

Judging by the company he keeps, I’d have said Lucifer was his boss.

CountZero

@kona I don’t get the Blair hatred, any Prime Minister (inc any Labour one) I can think of would have taken us into Iraq. I don’t agree we should have gone into that Country but equally I don’t think any Prime Minister would have kept the UK out. It was a US agenda and given the UK’s positioning with the US we didn’t have too many options.

It was only because of the bogus dossier and Blair’s buddies spinning the info for all they were worth that had everyone convinced that we should follow Bush. Without those (fairly convincing) lies, I don’t believe any British PM would have gone into Iraq, and Afghanistan.
    And ‘Special Relationship’? Seriously? Not as far as the Americans are concerned, they had no interest in joining us in Europe in WW2, until the absolutely had to, and used every opportunity to screw us over afterwards.
    Look up ‘Lend-Lease’.

nickdavies

No one seems to have stated the obvious, the poor bugger’s married….

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

the poor bugger’s married….to a beard wide mouthed frog.

FTFY.

somafunk

There was a good r4 documentary back at the start of June regarding the so called special relationship, there is no such thing-we are nothing more than Americas whipping boy and after listening to the documentary I was kinda annoyed at what was said so I’ve done more reading and research since, from what I’ve learned since I have come to the conclusion that American policy and their special relationship can GTF as far away from me as possible, it is not a healthy two way relationship.

Del

It was only because of the bogus dossier and Blair’s buddies spinning the info for all they were worth that had everyone convinced that we should follow Bush. Without those (fairly convincing) lies, I don’t believe any British PM would have gone into Iraq, and Afghanistan.

you would have had to be bat shit crazy to believe any of that at the time, let alone with hindsight. absolute nonsense from start to finish. i certainly didn’t believe it at the time. did you, really? 😯

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Tony Blair’s job as “Envoy of the Quartet on the Middle East” goes beyond just working for peace, it also involves promoting growth and institutional development to improve the lives of Palestinians.

http://www.quartetrep.org/quartet/

Despite being the job for 7 years Blair has done nothing significant to improve the lives of Palestinians.

And why would he – when he’s so busy promoting his own economic growth and improving his own fabulously lavish lifestyle, as he goes around befriending wealthy tyrants ?

konabunny
    Free Member

Which part of “during his first term” did you have trouble understanding?

None of it. If the UK had a policy of neutrality like Switzerland, Blair would have remained a “domestic prime minister” instead of becoming a war criminal.

HTH, Sweetie. xox

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Nickd nails it!

(A few months ago I had two people from TB’s “office” looking at my LinkedIn profile on a regular basis. It made me feel uncomfortable and rather unclean!)

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

If the UK had a policy of neutrality like Switzerland, Blair would have remained a “domestic prime minister”

I can’t imagine being Prime Minister would have appealed to him in that case.

Where’s the fun in being PM if you can’t be a triumphant war leader with an assured place in history ?

It’s not all just about establishing the contacts for self serving financial reward you know, there’s also a huge ego to take care of.

unknown
    Free Member

I always thought the people who said they’d celebrate when Thatcher died were out of order. However, with Blair I understand exactly how they feel, I’ll be setting off fireworks and dishing out jelly and ice cream. I hope they televise his last moments so we can all see the precise second he realises there is no god. That might seem harsh but I remember watching the bombing of Baghdad live on TV, and doesn’t the bible say an eye for an eye?

A deeply evil, dangerous lunatic and a stain on humanity.

kelvin

Ahh… all so well put by so many of you that I don’t have to type my own rant!

cheekyboy
    Free Member

Hopefully we will not be fooled again 🙄

lalazar
    Free Member

Give him some credit he did screw Murdochs Mrs.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

So has he

I don’t know how much credit you want to give someone when the challenge doesn’t appear particularly challenging, and the competition doesn’t appear particularly stiff.

lalazar
    Free Member

True ernie but Murdoch rarely gets screwed. As far as we know that is.

zippykona

unknown – Member

I always thought the people who said they’d celebrate when Thatcher died were out of order. However, with Blair I understand exactly how they feel, I’ll be setting off fireworks and dishing out jelly and ice cream. I hope they televise his last moments so we can all see the precise second he realises there is no god. That might seem harsh but I remember watching the bombing of Baghdad live on TV, and doesn’t the bible say an eye for an eye?

A deeply evil, dangerous lunatic and a stain on humanity.

+1

Viewing 26 posts - 41 through 66 (of 66 total)

The topic ‘Who is Tony Blair's boss?’ is closed to new replies.