Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 66 total)
  • Who is Tony Blair's boss?
  • iolo
    Free Member

Iraq at present, Syria, Egypt, Israel, Gaza, Isis.
    Working as a middle east envoy he’s shit and should be fired.

thestabiliser
    Free Member

He’s got a direct line to Jesus

Like David Ike.

wordnumb
    Free Member

Didn’t he join the the Pope’s team after leaving office, or was that another dodgy-dossier moment?

scaredypants

Working as a middle east envoy he’s shit and should be sent in to do his job actually on the ground – preferably the front line somehwere

The little shit

zippykona

Can I just say that I really REALLY hate that **** Bliar.

konabunny
    Free Member

I think that Blair is an awful person is the one thing that everyone on stw can agree on.

gordimhor

Mammon

jamj1974

How the hell they can give one of the biggest warmongers who brought death to the Middle East a job as a peace envoy there I honestly cannot understand… What kind of fecked up thought process would you have to go through…?

Oh and his boss is Jesus. They talk often don’t you know…

Can’t imagine how they chatted and Jesus said “Yes Tony, you should destabilise the entire region. George needs to feel more important and forget that he has a small willy”

iolo
    Free Member
    slowoldman

How the hell they can give one of the biggest warmongers who brought death to the Middle East a job as a peace envoy there I honestly cannot understand

You have to admit, as a job creation scheme it was bloody brilliant.

wordnumb
    Free Member

If anyone feels that strongly about it I believe George Monbiot is still offering prizes for anyone who attempts a citizen’s arrest. The last guy to try it came away unscathed.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

I can’t understand why he hasn’t been expelled from the Labour Party for bringing the party into disrepute.

“Bringing the party into disrepute” is a recognised offence under Labour Party rules which warrants expulsion.

And people have been found guilty of bringing the party into disrepute and expelled for a lot less than starting an illegal war which resulted in the deaths of hundreds of thousands and is still causing deaths over 10 years later.

I don’t understand how anyone can vote for a party with so little moral backbone.

Of course if he had been a left-winger rather than a right-winger he would have been expelled years ago.

chewkw
    Free Member

He is laughing in your face while reading his bank statements … 😆

MoreCashThanDash

Whilst politically opposed to Mr Lynch on most things, it seems we are united on that thought.

See, Mr Blair bringing peace on STW. The Middle East will be a walk in the park for him after that.

slowoldman

Anyway, it’ll all be OK because he BELIEVES he did the right thing.

hora
    Free Member

I think he believes in the power of confession to wash himself of his ‘sins’.

Thats a good way of sidestepping and denial whats awaiting for him when he goes to meet his maker.

In power he was all for green/public transport etc- once out of politics he could be who he really is on green/energy etc huh.

If I ever see him I’ll bloody ask him how he sleeps at night knowing what hes done in the middle east.

konabunny
    Free Member

How the hell they can give one of the biggest warmongers who brought death to the Middle East a job as a peace envoy there I honestly cannot understand

A bit like giving Obama a Peace Prize.

jambalaya
    Free Member

@iolo = he wasn’t going to bring peace to the Middle East was he. As for the private jet that’s paid for as part of his speaking arrangements and it’s probably more secure than trying to fly commercial airlines and much less inconvenient for commercial operators who would face material extra security arrangements.

@kona I don’t get the Blair hatred, any Prime Minister (inc any Labour one) I can think of would have taken us into Iraq. I don’t agree we should have gone into that Country but equally I don’t think any Prime Minister would have kept the UK out. It was a US agenda and given the UK’s positioning with the US we didn’t have too many options. I wouldn’t invite Tony round for dinner but I don’t hate him.

mega
    Free Member

any Prime Minister (inc any Labour one) I can think of would have taken us into iraq

The French PM said ‘non’

jambalaya
    Free Member

@mega indeed the French did not go into Iraq but along with the UK they lead the action in Libya. The French don’t have the same relationship with the US as the UK does. Rightly or wrongly we have adopted a very close relationship with them.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

I think he believes in the power of confession to wash himself of his ‘sins’.

I don’t think you fully understand what confession involves. The first requirement is the need to repent, you can’t go to the next stage of penance and absolution before doing that.

Tony Blair is completely unrepentant, and he is perfectly happy to say so publicly.

chewkw
    Free Member

jambalaya – Member
    I wouldn’t invite Tony round for dinner but I don’t hate him.

I would at anytime. I don’t hate him at all but actually would sit down to drink a few pints with him, he is paying btw, while asking him to enlighten me with his insights into the world of parasitic oxygen abuser.

Ya, it will be bloody good laugh asking him about “his” party … 😆

ThePinkster

Oh and his boss is Jesus. They talk often don’t you know…

I was under the impression he thought he was Jesus’s dad.

hora
    Free Member

@jambalaya

the reasoning was Saddam had weapons of mass destruction and was going to use them.

The attack on the Kurds was in 1988. So it wasn’t anything to do with that was it.

The UN inspectors were still going round the country and found NOTHING and said this. George realised he had to ‘move’ quick…hoping evidence would turn up.

NO SANE UK Prime Minister would follow him into war. NONE. Where was the evidence? There was none and it was an illegal war. Hence why 100,000+ British people demonstrated in central London.

jambalaya
    Free Member

@hora – I did not for 1 second believe the 45 minutes claim. We went in because the US went in. WMD was a total fudge and broadened to include chemical weapons. I for one never believed for a second they had a nuclear weapon. I do not believe he won support in Parliament for the election due to these claims, I suspect the MPs thought these claims where implausible. I also do not believe in the notion of a legal war, IMO all war is illegal. I stand by my point any UK Prime Minister we might have had at that time (inc Brown) would have gone in.

mega
    Free Member

I remember one of the Middle Eastern news agencies running a story on this boy (one of many affected civilians from the bombing of Baghdad) with the headline ‘now Iraq is disarmed’

Ali’s story

Blair and Bush have so much to answer for – it makes me sick to the stomach thinking of the consequences of what they did. Lord knows how it makes the innocent people feel whose lives and families have been wrecked by the war and following instability.

Blair is a war criminal.
    Even now, Britain and US should be ashamed for walking away from the country in the state it’s in.

ac282

To those who think UK involvement with Iraq was inevitable, think about Harold Wilson.

Northwind

My dad’s explanation of everything that’s wrong with the world:
    “John Smith died and Tony Blair didn’t”

jambalaya
    Free Member

@mega – on that logic you have to call the whole of Parliament war criminals.

@ac282, that was a very different era, pre the global terrorism we have witnessed.

@Northwind I would have liked to see a UK Government run by John Smith, but I believe a UK Government run by John Smith would have gone into Iraq.

I’m going to keep reading this as I’ve posted here so people deserve the respect of a reply to stuff I’ve posted but no more from me as I can see this has the capacity to go the same way as the Gaza thread.

zippykona

Northwind, buy your dad a pint from me.

Pigface
    Free Member

I am pretty sure it is Louis Cyphre

wilburt
    Free Member

I think that Blair is an awful person is the one thing that everyone on stw can agree on.

Funnily enough I was critical of B Liar on here a couple of years ago and got rounded on by the then big hitters.

Fickle lot lefties.

MoreCashThanDash

Northwinds dad is a very wise man. I often wonder how our world would have turned out if John Smith had lived. Hopefully we wouldn’t all be feeling so betrayed and disillusioned.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

I am pretty sure it is Louis Cyphre

chewkw
    Free Member

You need merica so whatever merica says you do otherwise merica become better friends with Germany and France.

😆

craigxxl
    Free Member

Who is Tony Blair’s boss?

I’ve always assumed it was the devil. I still believe the Iraq invasion was predetermined before an excuse was fabricated. The consequences of that are still being felt around the world and will continue to do so for the remainder of this century and probably well into the next.

konabunny
    Free Member

@kona I don’t get the Blair hatred, any Prime Minister (inc any Labour one) I can think of would have taken us into Iraq. I don’t agree we should have gone into that Country but equally I don’t think any Prime Minister would have kept the UK out. It was a US agenda and given the UK’s positioning with the US we didn’t have too many options. I wouldn’t invite Tony round for dinner but I don’t hate him.

I disagree. The UK managed to keep out of the invasions of Haiti, Panama, Vietnam…

Northwind

MoreCashThanDash – Member

Northwinds dad is a very wise man.

ransos
    Free Member

I’m going to dissent from collective (well, a tiny bit). During his first term, Blair was shaping up to be an decent domestic prime minister. Money was found for much needed investment in schools and hospitals, we had the minimum wage, the Human Rights Act, civil partnerships and of course there was Northern Ireland. In my book, all good stuff.

A great pity then that he turned out to be a messianic war criminal…

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 66 total)

The topic ‘Who is Tony Blair's boss?’ is closed to new replies.