Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Who is to blame?
  • matt_outandabout

The boss who forgot the important thing that needed to happen.
    or
    The worker who asked the forgetful boss to take on a minor detail?

bravohotel8er
    Free Member

Teh Toriezzz!!1

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

Are you the boss or the worker…

As the boss I remember that I forget so i heire people to remember stuff for me – I am generally lenient if they forget once but not 2 or three times…

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

The normal line from bosses is that they are paid more than other workers because they take ultimate responsibility. So clearly it’s the bosses fault.

binners

Hora. Obviously.

The normal line from bosses is that they are paid more than other workers because they take ultimate responsibility.

Any examples of that ever actually happening in the real world, would be gratefully received

watsontony
    Free Member

if the convo went like this

worker: “hey boss will you take care of this”
    boss: “yes ok”
    worker: “thanks”

Then it is the fault of the boss.

fuzzhead
    Free Member

da boss

rogerthecat
    Free Member

I seem to recollect from another thread today that it’s all the fault of the Jews!! 😯

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/vicky-pryce-unavailable-blame-the-jews

edlong
    Free Member

Benefit scroungers. Everything’s their fault.

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

Any examples of that ever actually happening in the real world, would be gratefully received

Now that’s where i get a bit stuck.

mikey74
    Free Member

Depends if you are looking from outside of the company or within. If outside, then the Boss, if within, then the worker; unless the Boss had agreed to take on the responsibility.

If I am mainly responsible for a project and I fail to bring to the boss’ attention something that could have important implications, and I do nothing about it myself, then I am clearly in the wrong. However, from outside of the company, the Boss will always be in the wrong e.g. bosses can get prosecuted for manslaughter if someone is killed on a property they are in charge of, even if they are not directly involved in the incident.

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

Surely a minor detail is no longer a minor detail once a large important project depends on it.

I believe NASA have a few examples

Northwind

THATCHER.

Also, the boss.

McHamish
    Free Member

ha…never mind all that…the pic of Benny Hill made me laugh.

tonyd

Anyone but me.

br
    Free Member

My most fav boss had a very simple approach.

He said when he hired me that my job was to ensure that he didn’t get sacked and/or blamed for anything.

And it worked, I ensured that I did everything needed to protect him and he paid me well – he also didn’t attempt to micro-manage me at all, but was always available if I had a question/problem.

And guess what the job of the guy who worked for me was?

DenDennis
    Free Member

He said when he hired me that my job was to ensure that he didn’t get sacked and/or blamed for anything.

civil servant, senior position in a local authority by any chance? 😆

patriotpro
    Free Member

The boss, always the boss.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Who is to blame?’ is closed to new replies.