Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)
  • who is the best cyclist of the modern era…………..?
  • cynic-al
    Free Member

What victories did Tomac have on the road?

crazy-legs

On road – Cancellara. Contador is close but you'd never see Contador at the Classics.
    Off road – a rider like John Tomac (or even Jason McRoy) back in the days when you weren't "just" an XCer/DHer etc, riders were expected to do it all. Tomac had a few seasons on the road as well, never with a huge amount of distinction but not bad.

JAM29er
    Free Member

Merckx, Tomac

mogrim

Active riders: Contador, no doubt. Two tours, Giro, Vuelta, Paris-Nice…

warton
    Free Member

Contador should be better now he's much younger but Armstrong would have spanked him only a few years ago(and might do at the tour this year?)

Sorry but this is total nonsense. Contadors peak power is way higher than Armstrongs was at his peak, if you think Armstrong will podium this tour you're mad, he's going to struggle seriously, his team is aging and not as strong as last year, and that was always his main weapon, being paced up the big climbs and then attacking the last 2 or 3k of them…

stevomcd
    Free Member

Road, XC, DH, 4X, track, BMX…. Lopes

aP
    Free Member

At least in the tour this year Contador will have team that is dedicated to him and not one that appeared to actively work against him and attempt to break him on and off the road – why would his own team deny him use of team cars at the end of a stage so that he ended up hitching a ride to the team hotel from someone as they'd decided that team sponsors and friends were more important than the race leader?

Edit- thinking about it, the more I find out about Lala the less I like him. I was a huge fan of his in the early 90s and was hugely pleased when he returned from his illness and treatment, however I then read his book and realised how unpleasant he was and not much since then has done much to change my opinion.

hugin
    Free Member

Merckx + Tomac

Armstrong never dominated cycling – he dominated the Tour, no mean feat but not the same thing. Contader? Am I the only one wondering when he's going to get busted?

I'd love to say Peaty but he's not all round enough (though I can't believe someone said they never really rated him – he's one of, if not the greatest DHer of recent years).

warton
    Free Member

I know what you mean about Contador, the way he powers away on the climbs is amazing, but its sad that it raises suspicions!

HansRey

offroad – Hans Rey.

Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)

The topic ‘who is the best cyclist of the modern era…………..?’ is closed to new replies.