Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 83 total)
  • Who is snow riding today? Show us your photos.
  • Paceman
    Free Member

Who is snow riding today? I’m just about to head out. Love it!!!

Show us your photos later on!!

oldgit
    Free Member

Heading out soon. Woburn or Ashridge?

neilc1881
    Free Member

IMAG0159 by neil.d.cox

Up at the top of the Brinore Tramroad, although yesterday evening before the rugby. Perfect amount of snow for normal wheels! Dog definitely has the edge on me now though.

lipseal
    Free Member

Staying in today after my epic race yesterday. 🙂

matt303uk

Had a go at a local ride in the snow but think it was a bit deep for normal tyres, also very powdery snow, felt like trying to ride on dry sand with the bike snaking around. Oh well at least I gave it a go 🙂

snow-ride-1 by matt303uk, on Flickr

mau00149
    Free Member

Not quite today but this was a little video I made from an early December snow ride 🙂 No snow up in Inverness just now, must have missed it all 🙁

pitcherpro
    Free Member

Off out shortly , go pro and slr in the camelbak 😉

ajr
    Free Member

]null[/url]
    On the way to my local woods.

Kuco

z1ppy

Nah can’t be bothered, what was a 2-4 inch of snowy loveliness late last night, has been turned overnight into 1-2cm of slush, bahhhh!

sofaking
    Free Member

first snow ride for the fatbike and it did me proud. average of 3-4 inches of coverage more where it had drifted. fun but tiring. my hat goes off to the guys and girls that ride the iditarod or anything similar

[/url] new style jones bar by SoFaKiNg., on Flickr[/img]

[/url] snowflake lacing by SoFaKiNg., on Flickr[/img]

[/url] Nate footprint by SoFaKiNg., on Flickr[/img]

[/url] Empty A1 by SoFaKiNg., on Flickr[/img]

[/url] big rubber by SoFaKiNg., on Flickr[/img]

Kevsterjw
    Free Member

love the pics, after the “britain braces itself for an armageddon snow storm” news buliten yestrerday its pretty much gone already here. 🙁

Kuco

my hat goes off to the guys and girls that ride the iditarod or anything similar

I thought the same thing as I was trudging through it 🙂

Castrol
    Free Member

Early this morning around NW Leicestershire. Nice ride and definitely warmer than yesterday!

DSC00220 by Orange Elise, on Flickr

DSC00225 by Orange Elise, on Flickr

DSC00236 by Orange Elise, on Flickr

Regars,
    Matt.

Paceman
    Free Member

Just got back, 2hrs hard going but great fun with loads of laughing. Hardest thing was finding the singletrack. I think we did a fair bit of woodland off-piste riding, didn’t see another soul…

nedrapier

I rode a couple of miles to Hampstead Heath for my first swim in the ponds. Two cups of sweet tea and an hour later, I can feel my feet again!

The riding was fun, if a little slow. 2.0 race kings on the peregrine. couple of front wheel moments, but no falls.

dirk_pumpa
    Free Member

just got back with a very a wet arse and completely numb toes. its was worth it for the two wheel drifts :p

Paceman
    Free Member

Lovin’ the fat bike, that would have been great where we were this morning 😈

oldgit
    Free Member

4.5 hours door to door via a Beautiful snowy Woburn. Lovely riding the virgin snow on the way out. The only exception were the trails of three mates I didn’t quite catch up with.
    Bit of a bumpy ride home until I let 20PSI out of my tyres.
    Now waiting for the teenagers to vacate the shower as I’m sweating cobs and stink of a thousand armpits.

Edit. 50 quid bike is holding up well.

schmiken

Riding round Melton Mowbray earlier. Just two hours was enough for me!

astormatt
    Free Member

I only lasted an hour before coming home, got fed up with slipping everywhere.

mamadirt
    Free Member

All melting now here 😥 but took this one of my new retro ride yesterday 😛

Quirky-angled homemade chainguide has now been adjusted

deetec
    Free Member

_tom_
    Free Member

no pics but I just had a ride around the local fields, snow makes our local bridleways interesting 🙂 slow motion 2 wheel drifts ftw. My tyres are nice and shiny now.

Bunnyhop

No photos yet, however we’ve just come back from a snowy ride around the Roman lakes at Marple.
    A bit slushy in places, but perfect ‘crunchy under the wheels powdery goodness’ the higher up we got.

Did have a sliding tumble on some steep stuff.

It’s going to be like an ice rink tonight when the temperature drops.

oldgit
    Free Member

astormatt

I only lasted an hour before coming home, got fed up with slipping everywhere.

What PSI were you running?

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Just went for a ride around Baildon Moor, at 6:00am it was clear blue sky’s.

At 8:30 when I eventually got out it was like this on the tops 🙁 The strong wind chill wasn’t that pleasent either!

Lower down, actually more snow as the wind wasn’t as strong.

Finally the sun came out.

“I only lasted an hour before coming home, got fed up with slipping everywhere.”

I was just using my normal 2.25 Nobby Nics at normal pressure, had plenty of grip if not more than usual. The grip only started going as the snow started to melt…

cotic853
    Free Member

Hard work in north norfolk’s powdery snow but a great ride – and no mud to clean off for a change

allthepies
    Free Member

Started off with lots of slidey snow fun, ended up with wet @rse riding in slush. All good stuff though 🙂

tortoisenothair
    Free Member

[/url]
    Plenty of snow about in Suffolk.

astormatt
    Free Member

@ oldgit, I am running 25psi both ends, didn’t fancy going any lower on single ply’s.

singlespeedstu

Great fun today on a local loop.

2012_0205slussysnow0022 by singlespeedstu, on Flickr

Seeing the tyre tracks from other bikes weaving about all over the place and being able to ride in a straight line myself was most amusing. 🙂

mjb

Hard going round Ladybower, it was a lot warmer this morning and the snow was very wet and sticky.

oldgit
    Free Member

@ oldgit, I am running 25psi both ends, didn’t fancy going any lower on single ply’s.

Thought you were going to say 40/50. I forgot to lower mine after a road ride, when I did it was much better ride.

MoreCashThanDash

Did 8-9 miles around Shipley Park in 4-5 inches of soft powdery stuff. No photos here though I bumped into some mates who took some as I rode towards them, so may have some later.

Ice Spikers seem to be no better in soft snow than regular tyres, hoping they will be more useful commuting if it hangs around and freezes as they seem to be forecasting.

br
    Free Member

4 hours around Lewknor/Turville in the Chilterns, saw no one else riding – nor any tyre marks.

Mud X’s at low pressure.

stufield
    Free Member

I saw these guys on the way to Pooley Bridge going up high st… very committed windy and deep snow.

andyl
    Free Member

crappy ride on the mendips today. Just ice and frozen muddy ruts. Now got a knee the shape of an egg after it met a big lump of ice on one of several stacks 🙁

edit: running 30 psi from and rear. Did wonder if I should have gone lower.

adam1330
    Free Member

Been out for a couple of hours, didn’t venture too far though as the snow was a bit to deep in places. Still had fun, though!

themanfromdelmonte
    Free Member

10 miles in just under 2 1/2 hours :D. Riding virgin powder was good as was where other riders had been. But riding where folk had been walking was a ball ache.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 83 total)

The topic ‘Who is snow riding today? Show us your photos.’ is closed to new replies.