Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Who is running a Medusa in the south east.?
  • alzore
    Free Member

Sorry for yet another tyre post..

Anyone got a review on a Maxxis Medusa 2.1.?

My current High Roller2 on the rear is not clearing well because there is not a great clearance in my frame, it feels like i’m pulling a plough when the mud builds up…

The HR will go back on in the spring but need to run a smaller volume tyre while things are wet to give me clearnce. I mainly ride Swinley and Surrey Hills so not really that rocky…

I like the look of the Medusa’s and i know people are just going to say try a mud X instead but is the Maxxis Medusa any good.? and any other recomendations.?

Thanks

Cheezpleez

I’ve used them in the Surrey hills for two or three years. Good and grippy, not too draggy, good all-round, winter-biased XC tyre. Come up fairly small but I’ve never been troubled with pinch flats. Bit of a sod to do the Stans thing with though as they’re pretty porous.

sam_underhill

Work well for me in Surrey Hills / Guildford area. Not too draggy great for the winter.

One of my regular riding buddies uses Mud-X, not much to choose between them to be honest.

chakaping
    Free Member

+1 for good tyre and also +1 for very similar to Mud X

rotary
    Free Member

just bought one myself for the back, are y’all runnin them front and rear ??

heavy_rat
    Free Member

Got ’em front and back. Definitely worth having. Only have them fitted for winter.

neninja
    Free Member

Got 2.0 Schwalbe Dirty Dan’s and they’ve been awesome in the muck round here. Went up tubeless on Arch rims with no fuss.

They’re light so although they are draggy on harder surfaces the lack of weight compensates so they are still pretty quick.

When it dried up recently and I forgot to change them, they were almost as fast as Ralph’s but started to wear quickly. I wish I’d bought some spares from On-one when they were selling them cheaply.

dingabell
    Free Member

Yep, I’m running them front and back in the Surrey Hills and I’d say they were perfect for the job. Quite fast, don’t get clogged up and pretty grippy. Not too expensive either which is always a bonus.

dharmstrong
    Free Member

Also running them in Guildford/SH area. Work pretty well apart from in really slimy mud (newlands corner the southern side of it as you climb up) where it can clog a bit, but other “types” of mud it has been fine. It is a bit draggy but after a week of riding you get used to it.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Who is running a Medusa in the south east.?’ is closed to new replies.