Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)
  • Who is off the bike injured and feeling sorry for themselves?
  • stAn-BadBrainsMBC
    Free Member

Slipped disc – the pills are fun tho’

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Come on cheer up think how bad it is for your other halves having super grumpy people around the house who are cripples and can’t do anything!! (That was tongue in cheek obviously .. before someone is offended!).

Mr MC had 3 months off the bike last summer, mooching about at home, luckily Wimbledon, TdF etc kept him happy, as it was a ruptured tricep after the tour he’d set up the turbo in the garden and do the “tour de patio” to keep some level of fitness. So if you can set a turbo up it will ease some of the frustration.

2 years before he spent 4 months off the bike and at home sick when he snapped his knee…now that was harder as he was a proper cripple.

Just spare us oh’s some sympathy 😉

Chin up all though as already mentioned at least you aren’t missing some fantastic riding weather! Get well soon everybody. x

yunki
    Free Member

After 18 months of trying to combat knee problems and inflammatory bowel disease, I’m currently feeling pretty strong and tolerably healthy, but a fair bit heavier..

I’ve got next to zero free time now though, and my kids are running me ragged day and night.. far beyond my limit
    not quite on a par with some of the traumas mentioned in this thread, more of a constant drip effect.. 🙁

stanfree
    Free Member

I broke my collarbone the first week In landing on my shoulder from a BMX jump. I opted for getting It pinned a week later and have been back on the bike for 3 weeks. Im still really wary of anything that looks like be a bit tricky and can only now start to hop and lift the front wheel up.
    My best advice would be borrow a turbo and set It up in the garage also try and take your arm out the sling after a couple of weeks for a little bit at a time as your mobility will be much better. Im probably fitter now than before my accident as Ive been riding my old road bike over my mtbs’s.
    It’s sole destroying sitting for weeks / months on end looking at cycling vids but you will get there.

I_Ache
    Free Member

Spent 2 hours in A&E yesterday after breaking my crutches and having to wait for some new ones.

That makes it 3 times since Christmas.

twonks

I don’t spend much time posting on STW it seems, but frequent it often enough 🙂

My list seems a tad tame to some on here.

Was out for 3 months in 2008 due to a herniated disk.
    Was out for 2 months in 2009 due to a heart attack – oops.
    Was out from August 2011 to January 2012 due to a snapped achilles tendon – ouch.

Never broke a bone beyond toes and nose, but I seem to make up for it in other ways 😀

Having said that, I’d rather have a broken leg than snapped AT, as it is a nightmare to heal.

Still, there’s always somebody worse off and I’m about to go for a couple of hours riding through the local woods.

Mustn’t Grumble 🙂

mmannerr

I’m finally almost pain free after couple of years hurting almost constantly from series of health issues. First appendix removal (wounds inflammated then slipped disc and then knee problems but yesterday I reversed my car on top of my best bike and broke the rear triangle… Other bikes are not in rideable condition due missing parts and I can’t make one complete due fork / wheel / shock incompatibilities. What a feeling it was to hear the sound of crushing aluminium…

Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘Who is off the bike injured and feeling sorry for themselves?’ is closed to new replies.