Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Who is my warranty with?
  • tpbiker
    Free Member

I’m trying to return a broken KS post, its 2 years old but still within warranty (by about a week). its already been back once to be repaired and always been rubbish)

Bought it from leisure lakes who tell me that as superstar aren’t distributing anymore there is nothing I can do, and the warranty is with KS directly rather than them. They also said they can’t fix it as no spare parts. Unsurprisingly when I contacted KS I got no reply.

Not sure this is correct. I bought it from them, surely if they can’t fix it then they should be replacing it or refunding. Its fairly old, but it is still in warranty …but i need to action asap given the timings.

Whats best course of action?

scotroutes

Your warranty is with the retailer

Dango
    Free Member

As above

tomhoward

You bought it from leisure lakes. It’s with them

mrmo
    Free Member

warranty or statutory consumer rights aren’t the same thing.

Manufacturers can give a warranty that is above and beyond what they are legally obliged to offer.

Leisure Lakes would have handled the statutory part as that is your contract. But once the statutory part runs out so does your contract with Leisure lakes. Your then into the realm of what the manufacturer offers and how they want to deal with you.

br
    Free Member

The 2 years is a manufacturer warranty, but the retailer could argue that it only gives a years’ warrenty for that product?

Especially now as they’re now not imported.

Or are you just looking for your money back – which tbh been an MTB component means it gets a lot of hammer and could be said is already past its ‘life’.

tpbiker
    Free Member

thought so..

so should I just sent it back quoting the sale of goods act or something?

Where do I stand if they ‘repair it’ say its fixed (its tempremental works in the workshop, not on the trail) send it back to me and it still doesn’t work (ie like the last time it went back). By that time it’ll be out of warranty.

Assume since I raised the issue within warranty period I can return it as many times as I require until sorted?

Junkyard
    Free Member

yes with leisure lakes the lack of support is their problem
    Threaten them and their lawyers will know the law

you wont get all the money back though as you had two years use so they may give you an offer based on the lifetime [ which they could argue was 2 years]

Best of luck

tpbiker
    Free Member

nope not looking for money back. I just want a post that works, not trying to take the piss. If I have a right to get it fixed I will.

Mrmo, thats what the guy in the shop said as well.

and junkyard, I think thats fair if I’m honest. If they offer me a discount on another post I’d probably go for it.

having said that I’ve certainly not had 2 year life out of it. Used it about 20 times, its been taken to pieces more times than its been used. I’ve only used it once since it was last sent for warranty back in March. Just been to lazy to get round to kicking up a fuss!

mrmo
    Free Member

tpbiker, sales of goods act gives you rights, but on a two year old component you will almost certainly fail if you try and claim compensation. Have you serviced the post, cleaned it, used it correctly, etc. Can you prove it was faulty are you looking at fair wear and tear. If it was less than 6 months old you could walk in and it would be Leisure Lakes problem, at a year it starts to get questionable, by 2?

Yes there is a 2 year Manufacturers warranty, but it is a manufacturers warranty, not a SOGA issue.

http://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/regulation/sale-of-goods-act/

this might help.

tpbiker
    Free Member

Yep all serviced and looked after. Its only been one ride since it was last serviced (by superstar). The issue is that it works fine in my lounge, so i didn’t use it on the trail for 3 months after receiving it. My mistake, as soon as it is in use it just fails.

I agree I’m on a sticky wicket. Not sure if I can be arsed with the hassle of an argument. Should have taken it back after 3 months. Just laziness, so im as much to blame as anyone.

any good deals on reverbs//!?

mrmo
    Free Member

I agree I’m on a sticky wicket. Not sure if I can be arsed with the hassle of an argument. Should have taken it back after 3 months. Just laziness, so im as much to blame as anyone.

the problem you have is proving it, you may know it, but.

It will be a hassle, you can try and talk to Leisure Lakes and see if they will help, or try superstar as they were the importer… or try KS themselves.

you could try twitter, or facebook sometimes bad publicity gets results, but depends on the company and whether they care or not.

pdw
    Free Member

As above, you’re unlikely to succeed in getting it fixed directly under your statutory rights as it’s two years old. What you might try is claiming that it isn’t “as described”. It was described as coming with a two year warranty, and it seems that it doesn’t have that warranty, and it’s therefore not as described, and that’s the retailer’s problem under the SoGA.

shortcut

Jungle are now distributors for kS call them.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Who is my warranty with?’ is closed to new replies.