Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 78 total)
  • Who is JEFFSY
  • v666ern
    Free Member

Well the answer is a carbon 29er

EXPERIENCE TRAIL RIDING THE YT WAY

http://www.jeffsy.com/
    https://www.yt-industries.com/cat/index/sCategory/508

(apologises if bin dun)

wrecker
    Free Member

She’s pretty!

Trimix
    Free Member

Wheels are a bit too big though 🙂

stevied
    Free Member

fasthaggis
    davosaurusrex

That looks sweet, numbers look good too. Shame about the stupid name and the ad campaign (not that I care one way or the other), all they needed to do was release the riding video because it’s awesome! Little Gwinn pinning it, 29er doing a 360, bar dragging, packed full of win!

trusty

Spotted a very stealthy black one under Dirt’s Steve Jones earlier this week, looks very nice.

thepodge
    Free Member

Adverts came out 29 days before launch date. Not exactly a huge surprise

chakaping
    Free Member

Too short for me, which I’m quite glad about – as I know I won’t be tempted.

mrlebowski
    Free Member

Funny.

Silly ad campaign which created a whole lot of pointless angst & fuss, particularly when nobody knew what it was about.

thepodge
    Free Member

I’d have to get a medium to fit a reverb which gives me a reach of under 450, combined with the 66.9-67.6 HA I’m out.

allan23
    Free Member

Stupid ad campaign for a dull looking generic bike.

I’m out 🙂

thepodge
    Free Member

also I cant seem to see anything that states rear travel…

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

Well that video should shut up all the dumbarses that think 29ers are just for xc.

DezB
    Free Member

Black one looks lovely.
    How can you “Hate” an ad campaign? Just bloody ignore it! 🙄

Rorschach
    Free Member

Bit………………meh.
    Looks like a Trek Specialized.

cokie

I cant seem to see anything that states rear travel…

140mm front and rear

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I’d have to get a medium to fit a reverb which gives me a reach of under 450

No, the LARGE has a reach under 450! Or to put it another way, despite everyone and their dog going longer/lower slacker, it’s 25mm shorter than a 2007 Specialized Enduro.

chakaping
    Free Member

And that seat tube mast makes sizing up a problem.

I thought they’d have learned from everyone saying the Capra was too short, but they must genuinely disagree. Strange.

wrecker
    Free Member

No, the LARGE has a reach under 450! Or to put it another way, despite everyone and their dog going longer/lower slacker, it’s 25mm shorter than a 2007 Specialized Enduro.

It’s still 1mm more than the much loved following in a large.

100mphplus
    Free Member

Similar to the Gwyn fiasco, who gives a fek when it’s actually released??

PJM1974
    Free Member

The marketing campaign is utter bobbins, therefore I’m out.

thepodge
    Free Member

thisisnotaspoon – it’s 25mm shorter than a 2007 Specialized Enduro.

Strange isn’t it? The geometry on paper isn’t really much better than quite a few bikes.

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

Could have been great, but ended up being a resounding ‘meh’.

enigmas
    Free Member

Hmm, would have been interested in the XL but the seat tube height means I wouldn’t be able to run a 150mm dropper, shame as the rest of the geometry is sorted, it’ll also probably look like a gate in XL.

Also yt’s prices have shot up since they signed gwin, they’re not much better than a traditional sales brand nowadays.

v666ern
    Free Member

thepodge – Member
    Adverts came out 29 days before launch date. Not exactly a huge surprise

awaits the next one that comes out 27 and a half + a little bit more days from launch

Bit………………meh.
    Looks like a Trek Specialized.

+1

wrecker
    Free Member

Also yt’s prices have shot up since they signed gwin, they’re not much better than a traditional sales brand nowadays.

Really? The pro CF is ~£3600, that will get you naff all from trek; nothing which would match the YT spec.

Compare with the pro pictured above.

STATO
    Free Member

Bottom spec alu Stumpy is a poor comparison to the bottom spec alu Jeffsy, and that’s £2200 vs €2200. So still a pretty good saving.

AlexSimon

They went up for sure (so did Canyon), but show me a normal sales model bike you can get with X01, reverb, carbon cranks and carbon rims for £3600.

Northwind

thisisnotaspoon – Member

No, the LARGE has a reach under 450!

Yup, but they recommend the large for everyone over 5’8 so it’s essentially a medium. And it’s an 18.5 seattube? Weird tbh, it’s like they’ve just put the wrong size stickers on them. Wheelbase is pretty on trend for a big 29er really, not as big as a geometron or the mega 290 but comparable to a trailfox or remedy (once you’ve gone up a size on the remedy, as you do)

(I’ve slightly drunk the long wheelbase koolaid but I might have overdone it… I was expecting great things from the Mega based on the sizing but tbh it felt very similiar to the Trailfox, if I’d guessed I’d have said it was the same size, maybe a bit more reachey. It’s left me feeling like maybe you hit diminishing returns. Maybe not. Maybe it’s not actually as big as it says?

TBH- first LT 29er, you probably shouldn’t be going mental… the geometry’s still a lot more progressive than a lot of the competition.

Also I like that the raw colour is Rawr.

Scienceofficer – Member

Well that video should shut up all the dumbarses that think 29ers are just for xc.

Some chance, Aaron Gwin won sea otter on a 29er and Tracey Moseley won All The Enduro on her Rememememedy, that didn’t stop them.

Simonpieman
    Free Member

Re and TTe are the same as a 2016 enduro large and a 2013 mega TR large given or take 10mm either way. So I think reach is on the money.

most peoples L is an 18.5. I think what YT have done is pretty standard

I agree L is the new normal, I used to always be a medium and now I take a large in bikes, weird marketing bull.

My thoughts on the Jeffsy are shut up and take my money, it looks great.

honourablegeorge

Anyoen knwo where the video was filmed?

[video]https://youtu.be/edj6lVXK7-c[/video]

timmys

Before I waste my time and do it myself – how do the geo numbers compare to the Hightower?

The Hightower was the bike I have been lusting over as my dream “next bike” but ~£6,000 for one was a touch crippling.

chakaping
    Free Member

Re and TTe are the same as a 2016 enduro large and a 2013 mega TR large given or take 10mm either way. So I think reach is on the money.

To me that demonstrates that the reach is too short, but we are probably different body shapes.

If I was YT I’d have made the seat tube lower and the top tube longer though, you can’t fight progress!

hoke
    Free Member

Cali. George. As per.

honourablegeorge

hoke – Member
    Cali. George. As per.

Looks very European to me at the start there

STATO
    Free Member

Hightower is lower, so you can fit a longer reverb, and 5mm longer (though its lower at the front too so if you put 20mm spacers under stem to get the same stem height you would lose a few mm of that reach)

thepodge
    Free Member

Northwind – the geometry’s still a lot more progressive than a lot of the competition.

Upper average I’d have said but I’ve been paying too much attention to very progressive bikes recently

Shackleton

Interesting to have no ISCG mounts. How would I mount a skid plate for 1/2x where you can’t run a bash?

Regarding the reach, a designer (Keith from Banshee possibly?) wrote an article basically saying that to have a similar handling feel to a 26/27.5 bike 29ers needed to have slightly shorter reach for a given length ETT. Or something. I guess 29ers are inherently more stable so you don’t need the extra length at the front but they are a bit longer at the back so to try and keep the wheelbase short and maintain easy handling a shorter reach makes sense. Certainly this is the case when you compare the Banshee Rune vs Prime and Spitfire vs Phantom. I’ll try and find the article, it made a lot of sense to me.

STATO
    Free Member

Regarding the reach, a designer (Keith from Banshee possibly?) wrote an article basically saying that to have a similar handling feel to a 26/27.5 bike 29ers needed to have slightly shorter reach for a given length ETT. Or something. I guess 29ers are inherently more stable so you don’t need the extra length at the front but they are a bit longer at the back so to try and keep the wheelbase short and maintain easy handling a shorter reach makes sense.

For the same reach and head angle the extra length of the fork extends the wheelbase quite a bit, that why early 29er were steep, to keep the contact point with the ground nearer to the rider than if you just used 26er geo.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 78 total)

The topic ‘Who is JEFFSY’ is closed to new replies.