Viewing 17 posts - 41 through 57 (of 57 total)
  • Who is in work then?
  • sandwicheater

Yep. Looking out the window think i’m the only one awake.

Off to see a client and then think i’ll call it a day.

RobinL

In the office, one of 10 remaining Head Office employees, biding time in a liquidated company, we think we might have this week and next then it closes completely.
    Last few shops close today !

Sad end for a high street chain that one employed over 5000 in 500 plus outlets only 4 years ago. After working here for 27 years I have to now find a another job ….

Aww well … should have plenty of time for bike rides !

timidwheeler

I finished last night. Am off now for a few days.

tomhoward

I’m here in body, if that counts?

Most productive thing i’ve done so far is spent an imanginary £17k on a couple of imaginary dream bikes.

edit. There is a boxed Lego Sopwith Camel behind me that is for my Dads birthday (in April). Would it be wrong to……

molgrips
    Free Member

I was going to take the whole 2 weeks off but I’ve opted to save 2 more days of holiday by working today and tomorrow.

I’m at home, I can’t do any project work, no-one else is online to work with, and even the admin staff who are on aren’t replying to their messages. I imagine them watching films, eating chocolates and glancing at their laptop every so often.

LadyGresley
    Free Member

Work? Don’t be ridiculous 😀

DezB
    Free Member

I’m here. Not much to do apart from wind STWers up and buy stuff on CRC.

molgrips
    Free Member

RobinL – Game?

sssimon
    Free Member

first day back today, straight in to complaints of the (non) functioning alcoholic that was supposed to cover for me on Friday not bothering to turn up, awkward customers who have had work done (badly) elsewhere and wondering why I’m charging more to put right than they were charged for a cheap substitute elsewhere, and the wife giving off because I forgot to lift presents for exchange at luchtime off the counter this morning

bah humbug

RobinL

molgrips – No Barratts Shoes !

molgrips
    Free Member

Oh.. interesting.. these stories of big companies going down the toilet are always curious. My wife used to work for Borders Books in the UK – that was rather strange. Seems that the people who owned it just wanted to cash in, and sold it to some people who just stripped it and made a pile of cash.

Strange how that can be done when the owners just aren’t bothered.

Cougar

Work, today.

longmover
    Free Member

17 more days to go before home time!

hjghg5
    Free Member

Working from home. I was mewnt to be in the office but my OH knocked himself out coming off his bike yesterday so I popped in for my laptop and to get my mot done (booked into the garage near work) but am now back at home. I may be able to string out nursing duties for a day or two more…
    Sadly though I’m working on a deal that’s meant to complete tomorrow so I may need to show my face at some point.

MrOvershoot

Yep here today & tomorrow, have booked the 2nd & 3rd off though.

Getting loads done as our site manager is off so I don’t get stupid calls every 5 minutes, given the lashing rain & wind I don’t mind as it would be pretty grim out on the bike.
    Might fire up my CAD package and plan out my new garage build for the spring 😀

DavidB
    Free Member

Been in since 8am, written some lovely geometry processing algorithms and now looking forward to ride home in a hurricane

ourmaninthenorth

In work. Wrote a to do list when I got in. Have done zip from that.

But I have cleared out my desk drawers and cupboard. I thought I was pretty good at keeping on top of paperwork. Nope, just filled a (previously empty) confidential waste bin….

Think I might go home now.

Viewing 17 posts - 41 through 57 (of 57 total)

The topic ‘Who is in work then?’ is closed to new replies.