Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • who is going to fort william?
  • sidewards
    Free Member

hello

I’ve just booked my tickets for the downhill world cup in fort william (6/7th June)

I’m going on my own so if there are others in the same boat that fancy a beer whilst there, let me know

Simon

kona_uk
    Free Member

Hello,

Yes I’m going…..and this year I will be going solo. 🙁

Cheers.

geoffj

Maybe me too. Won’t know for sure until nearer the time though.

thegreatape
    Free Member

They are expecting it to be very busy this year and accomodation is apparently getting booked up pretty quick.

bruneep

They are expecting it to be very busy this year and accommodation is apparently getting booked up pretty quick.

It is busy every year, and some accommodation is booked up a year in advance.

thegreatape
    Free Member

They are expecting it to be significantly busier this year compared to last year, based on the tickets they’ve sold so far, and there is much less local accomodation available compared to the same time last year.

Wozza
    Free Member

Had a chat with my brother about this today, went a bit like this… “even if we have to sleep in the car we’re going”

So… where can i get tickets?

rickmeister

We are going, Mrs Rickmeister is working in the VIP tent, (quick rub down with a towel Mr Peat?). I’m on Sprint and DH marshalling… Camping booked….

kona_uk
    Free Member

Just had confirmation of my accommodation.

Wozza; tickets and info here; http://www.fortwilliamworldchamps.co.uk/tickets.html

roundwheels
    Free Member

and there is much less local accomodation available compared to the same time last year.

have they been knocking down the hotels and b&b’s

kona_uk
    Free Member

Most of it gets booked up a year in advance, usually by the riders, teams and media etc.

We book ours each year, its worth the 10 hour trip IMO 🙂

BoardinBob

I’m there. 2 nights in the travel inn for a bit of luxury 😆

geoffj

Pass gained for Sunday & ticket bought 🙂

dustypumpkins

I’m walking from my flat in Glasgow to Fort William. Bad idea? It most certainly is!

caledonia
    Free Member

Im there also. Sat and SUnday.
    Anyone fance a STW beer in the town Sat night ?

I personally cannie wait! Great weekend !

13thfloormonk

Whisky and smokeables in Glen Nevis for us! Got into the hostel by the skin of our teeth, there for four nights after cycling in from bridge of orchy, gonna be good!

Midgies are going to be savage though, apparently been some quite spectacular rain then sunshine on the west coast, just how they like it!

epicyclo

That’s just for fat boys rolling downhill.

I’m going to the real championship – SSUK09 🙂

GreatWhyte
    Free Member

I’m going and I have a bike test booked. Result!

downgrade
    Free Member

Also looking forward to the bike test, got a SC Blur Carbon booked 🙂

GW
    Free Member

despite the spectacular rain n sunshine there were virtually no midgies at the SDA last weekend. 😮
    was quite windy tho. 😉

Bikersal29
    Free Member

Is anyone driving up from the South West? I need a lift back on the Sunday after the mens DH – anyone got a spare seat in their car??!

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘who is going to fort william?’ is closed to new replies.