Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Who is going out on the bike tonight?
  • robbo1234biking

Well it might be cold and wet but it is our festive ride tonight to finish the year on a high so we aredoing the local loop finishing at the local friendly curry house where a change of clothes have already been dropped ready to get into and enjoy a nice curry! Going to put a drop of port in the hip flask as well as a festive drink (controversial I know!)

Jamie
    Free Member

I have given up night riding this year as boring just doing it solo. Going for a run tho so should at least scare a few doggers 😉

thefallguy
    Free Member

Our festive ride too, bikes are tinseled up and lit with xmas lights, santa hats on and a loop of Sherwood Pines with mid way break for Mulled wine & mince pies then into the Dog & Duck for food, ales and a spot of prize giving 😀

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    z1ppy

indeedy our festive ride too tonight, lights akimbo and santa suits, insisting on at least a couple of mile of off-road action tonight (unlike last year, very disappointing) before we start the pub crawl (up the canal path, no road to be ridden), might end up doing the off-road bit by myself. 😕

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I'm determiend to explore the local area

Been out every night this week!

It was so cold last night at 10pm that the mist was freezing onto my rims and stoping my brakes from working!

benji_allen
    Free Member

Going for a run tho so should at least scare a few doggers

By jumping into their car butt naked?

hungrymonkey
    Free Member

me and a good mate are off for our last CX night ride before xmas. will probably stop for chips before the return leg….

lowey

Not tonight, but out tomorrow. Hoping for a lovely crisp frozen evening.

Junkyard
    Free Member

just wet and foggy last night dave – did not see them mast from about 10 foot away – cold snap coming though

binners

Its the South Manchester Massive Non-night ride tonight. We've abandoned the bikes and will be at the winter markets drinking mulled wine and eating bratwurst. Yummy 🙂

montylikesbeer

hmmmmmmm mulled wine, not out tonight was out last for a drop of road work. Rossendale is resembling a swamp (no smart replies now)

5thElefant
    Free Member

Just been. It was, err… grim.

ton

binners – Member
    Its the South Manchester Massive Non-night ride tonight. We've abandoned the bikes and will be at the winter markets drinking mulled wine and eating bratwurst. Yummy

binners, thought it was hora who was partial to a bit of sausage….. 😉

ThurmanMerman
    Free Member

Yep. Didn't go on Mon or Tues.

So should go tonight.

titusrider
    Free Member

hopeing to get a quick urban blast but no chance of a genuine ride

avdave2

Yes because that's how I get home from work. The mud is nicely frozen now which is good in parts but very bad where the horses have been churning it up as it makes for hard going. And is just me or does frozen grass have even more drag than wet grass.

Coyote
    Free Member

Would kill to be out tonight but as I'm only 2 days into a course of anti-biotics for a chest infection, I'd better give it a miss… 🙁

elaineanne
    Free Member

anyone riding new years eve ? lol 😉

bigsi
    Free Member

Out in a little while. 😀

Stollen & Whiskey already sorted and I'm just trying to work out how to get ALL my riding clothes on so i don't freeze 🙄

elaineanne
    Free Member

lol went out last nite it was baltic conditions…no snow at all when we set off at 3.30pm ,,then we crossed an open moorland and there was already a blanket of snow across the fell so we were sliding all the way…then the sky changed extremey quickly and a crosswind of snow flakes caught us out… big flakes !.. lol the worse thing was all the gloopy mud froze to out wheels and out pedals, so chunks of 'frozen mud' on pedals made it highly impossible to pedal (feet slippy off pedals constantly. tried to bash the mud off but it was too frozen…..lol
    we did get home ! then i watched my bike thawing out chunks of frozen mud everywhere… at least my forks didnt freeze up or my gears ! only thing that did freeze up was my camelbak water… do they do snow chains for bike tryes..lol ruddy needed them last nite…

Gordy
    Free Member

I'm going out for a while pretty late on tonight if all goes according to plan.

Not taking Christmas lights or Santa hat though. Bah! Humbug! ;O)

badnewz
    Free Member

Snow doesnt scare me.
    Sitting on a saddle with the piles does though 😕

forge197
    Free Member

did a short loop around Dalbeattie last night the air was crisp was nice to get out and spin the legs mid week.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Who is going out on the bike tonight?’ is closed to new replies.