Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Who is doing Spam tomorrow?
  • Edric64
    Free Member

Should be 7 of us in nice new Bike City T3 kit .I`m riding my crosser this year as its mainly road

crosshair
    Free Member

Weeksy and I are there providing his bike carrier doesnt spew our steeds all over the road on the way 😀

Edric64
    Free Member

Mines in the car already .Should be a nice day ,not to windy up on the top!

MTB-Rob
    Free Member

I be there, not riding, I be there for any last min repairs/bike tweaks that people might need.

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

Me plus 4

mikemorini
    Free Member

Packed and ready to go.
    On my own as riding pals are away or not allowed to play.

singlecrack
    Free Member

Yes….I’ll be riding 27.5 for the first time……and 3speeding

frogstomp

Yup, I’m in.. looking a bit chilly at the moment, but sunny later.. 🙂

Edric64
    Free Member

That was a nice days riding, little wind not to cold and quick.Did the 50km in 2.43 which is my first time under 3 hours loads of quick people in front of me though and quite a few of us on cross bikes.There was a half marathon on as well out on the plain so Imber has probably not seen so many civvies since 1942

nicksee
    Free Member

A fun morning out on the plain. Managed to do just over 3 hours which im happy considering my hellish cramp for last 10k. the frost helped a bit early on but it was still a mucky slippery fun filled spin 😆
    Plenty of people around imber, lots or irate looking car drivers trying to contend with many bikers, runners and the large group of twitchers!

frogstomp

Much improved weather on last year – thank God! Was around 2h50m for the 50km.

smiffy

I only got four miles before hurting myself. Many thanks to Tim for assisting at the scene, Sue the medic from EX Medics and Mark for all their help and patience.

madjak
    Free Member

Just in now,were going to do the 50 but ended up on the 35 due to health issues but we all got round and had a good laugh doing it. Great weather an views as well.

Car drivers even beeped to show their appreciation of our cycling….

weeksy

Did the 50 in about 3.10 very much regretted fitting the 1×10 onto the Spearfish. Was quite amazed at the size and steepness of the hills on the ‘flat’ plains.

Nice event but very disappointed in the lack of a food station, especially as I’d left any food stuffs at home. My thighs were bloody destroyed, especially in the last 15km. Can’t see me doing the event again but that doesn’t mean it was a bad ever, just ticked off the list and didn’t really give a lot to go back for.

Edric64
    Free Member

Food ? on a 3 hour ride!Porridge with a nana in for breakfast and a gel with about 8 miles left for the sprint home !

mboy
    Free Member

Did it with my GF (her first event of this type at all) and we both had a great time! Gave up the idea of trying to go fast at all the other day, my fitness has gone to pot the last couple of months, dodgy knee is playing up again and I’ve had a chest infection for a couple of weeks or so now!

I think we were officially the last 50km finishers, but given that it was the furthest she’d ever ridden, the time is irrelevant IMO. We had a nice time, took in the scenery, stopped to eat Turkey Sandwiches a couple of times, so was a day very well spent!

Now to clean the 3 tonnes of mud off my bike… Next year, I’m taking a Crosser!

crosshair
    Free Member

50k in 2h45 aprox.
    Despite having been in every grid square on the entire 96000acres and driven every PROW on the entire Plain in a former life as a surveyor, even I was amazed by the amount of hills they found for us.
    Didn’t train for it and was probably 100% for 25 miles then cruised the last 8 or so as I was knackered!
    I am extremely proud of riding the entire route without unclipping even once though- not even up ‘that’ grassy hill 🙂

Edric64
    Free Member

You must have been very near me then ? I was on a huge orange Dave Lloyd cross bike

Edric64
    Free Member

Ran out of traction on that grassy hill though !got about 80% up it !legs were fine .

oxym0r0n

2.28+stoppage time for tubeless fail + fixing 2 thorn punctures in spare tube. It’s gone down in the garage again too!

Lovely weather not so lovely claggy clay…

Edric64
    Free Member

Crosshair, was it you I rode with later on ?

crosshair
    Free Member

I reckon mate. The guy from Bath?

Edric64
    Free Member

That`s me ! bet you loved that last hill !?

mikemorini
    Free Member

Coughed me way round the 35k in 2.22. Kudos to the lad on the full suss and Swalbe slicks, must have been a nightmare in places.
    somehow managed to brake two spokes in the back wheel and didn’t notice until I cleaned the bike when I got home. the wheel is still running surprisingly true.

crosshair
    Free Member

Lol! Yes, lovely weren’t it 😉
    I probably owe you a drink for keeping me going those miles we were chatting 😀

Edric64
    Free Member

All the chatting helped the miles go by !

Wally

3hr for me. Next year I will not use mud x. That last hill hurt,

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘Who is doing Spam tomorrow?’ is closed to new replies.