Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 42 total)
  • who is at fault?
  • andydicko
    Free Member

What an absolute WEAPON. It’s tools like this that give Cyclists a bad name!

JoB
    Free Member

you are, for posting an old video that’s been discussed before 🙂

zbonty

Cyclist guilty of being a dick i’d say

alexpalacefan

Cyclist wasn’t happy with a close pass, there was a pedestrian refuge there when s/he was passed.
    The driver then turns left, so there was no need for the meat head to overtake anyway.
    I’d have been angry.

APF

matt_outandabout

There are idiots in life.

ton

you are, for posting an old video that’s been discussed before

many apologies…..but i have not seen it before.

PJM1974
    Free Member

The driver was a knobber for pulling the manouever in the first place.

However, the cyclist was a dick for not letting her speak or apologise. He started out okay with “Excuse me, do you know what happened back there” (I’ve had to do this a few times), but he shouldn’t have lost his rag.

The throbber ratio in that vid is 1:1 IMHO, however the first throbber should have been given ample explanation.

neilwheel
    Free Member

I don’t have a problem with her driving.

The cyclist is a knob.

pickle
    Free Member

what he says ^^

Junkyard
    Free Member

he should have taken up primary or been aware for a likely pass as the road narrows/pinch point

Not that bad for an overtake and then turn [we have all had worse] but I doubt they would do it on their driving test.

monkeysfeet
    Free Member

“Who is at fault?”
    Ronnie Pickering!!!

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

Didn’t actually realise anything wrong had happened until the cyclist got a bit sweary. If you’re going to get wound up by that level of driving you’re just going to spend you’re entire life being angry.

matt_outandabout

Who?

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

😀 superb!

She’d parked her car by the time he got to the car park entrance where she turned.

Then he hung around in a Lidl car park waiting for her to finish the big shop. Where can you find people like this?!

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Then he hung around in a Lidl car park waiting for her to finish the big shop. Where can you find people like this?!

In all that time Mr Angry hadn’t wound back his film to illustrate his point.

cannondaleking
    Free Member

I’m blaming him there I can’t see a problem with the over take or the left turn she gave ample room as she passed and turned left with out the need for him to slow or change direction and the cap between was more than reasonable, his response was unreasonable and very confrontational I’d have felt threatened by him.

I think it’s a case of the guy was looking for an argument before he left his home that morning.

tpbiker
    Free Member

What a total tool. Nowt wrong with her overtake. I’d have taken great pleasure in laughing at the angry little man and pointed him in the direction of the nearest police station if he wanted to try to take it any further.

butcher

I’m blaming him there I can’t see a problem with the over take or the left turn she gave ample room as she passed and turned left…

She’s indicating left as she’s passing him. Possibly not immediately threatening, or extremely dangerous, as he makes out. But it is stupid and pointless, and potentially dangerous.

How much time has she saved over waiting behind the cyclist. Half a second? A second? Yet by doing what she did, she puts herself in a position where she has increased the number of hazards to be aware of while approaching a junction and simultaneously shortened the amount of time she has to assess them.

Unfortunately, it’s exactly the type of thing that happens all of the time. And whilst I agree with the rest of what you say, the cyclist over-reacts, no doubt. It still doesn’t excuse the piss poor driving.

bearnecessities

I’d not dream of driving like that myself; it’s impatient, bad mannered and although only potentially dangerous, a bit shit.

Equally though, I’d have not kicked off like that if I was the cyclist.

Impatient driver and nob on a bike. The perfect storm 🙂

wrecker
    Free Member

Driver did nothing wrong. Cyclist is just a gopro bully looking for a fight. It’s people like this who give the haters ammunition and muddy the cyclist message.

bearnecessities

Driver did nothing wrong

I’m definitely not picking a fight, but would you do that, or just hold back?

Agreed, the guy seems a bit of a tool.

wrecker
    Free Member

I’m definitely not picking a fight, but would you do that, or just hold back?

Personally I’d hold back and I wouldn’t overtake at the resting place. But she did, and to be fair it was a safe pass and turn. He had acres of space, certainly no basis whatsoever to pursue a lone young woman into a car park and make her apologise. And he promised to wipe the camera then posted it online. Shitty person allround.

Junkyard
    Free Member

made redundant by his reply whilst i was typing

ton

someone pointed out, that the cyclist lurked around in the corner of the carpark, until he saw that it was a lady in the car…..he then approached.
    i wonder if he would have done so if the driver had been a strapping young bloke?

bearnecessities

make her apologise. And he promised to wipe the camera then posted it online. Shitty person allround.

I didn’t watch all the video as could see where it was going, but watched enough to guess he was a bit of a twit. Still think it was a really poor manoeuvre/driving attitude, but maybe I’m a sensitive flower 🙂

project
    Free Member

ITV 1 TONIGHT 21.00 HRS, more road ragers and us cyclists.

pastcaring
    Free Member

Fucksake! I don’t post on here much anymore but…
    Plenty room given, left turn was so far ahead the **** didn’t have to brake/swerve.
    Should try commuting in town.
    Mountains out of molehills.

cannondaleking
    Free Member

She could have been indicating too pull back in and then turn left to counter butchers statement and we’ll never know as no rear facing camera to see if she indicated to pull out then in.

But as I said I have a hunch the chap was looking for an argument before leaving his home that morning.

mattyfez

The driver should have probably held back at the pinch point, but to be fair there’s nothing there that would make me too concerned if it were me on the bike.. Looked to be a reasonable amount of room during the overtake.. And the left turn.. Well it was so far ahead it’s not really relevant.

Davesport

Can we make this a sticky ? 😆 The bloke’s a complete tool !

km79
    Free Member

That cyclist is how I imagine many on here are like in real life.

daniel_owen_uk
    Free Member

He never stopped pedalling. How can he claim that she cut in front of him dangerously when he didn’t even have to stop pedalling! Tool

MarkBrewer
    Free Member

That cyclist is how I imagine many on here are like in real life.

My first thought was “I wonder if he’s one of the argumentative ****s off singletrackworld”

Starting an argument, then not listening to the other persons reasonable response and then carrying on being a **** when he’s clearly in the wrong. He must off here surely 😆

bigyinn
    Free Member

Jeans, beer gut, double chin, yeah proper cyclist right there.
    He had to do absolutely NOTHING to avoid hitting her. If he’d had to swerve onto the pavement or slam on the anchors then I’d see his point. She turned left in front of him, but I’d say at least 2 car lengths in front of him. That was not dangerous and he was just an arsehole looking for an argument. If he’d ridden in the primary then she wouldn’t have been able to pass anyway.
    To throw in a comment about his disabled wife not having a carer if he’d been knocked off was just crap.
    Im all for riding defensively, but all he’s done is convince that pleasant woman that cyclists are just angry arseholes. Thanks very much!
    Im quite impressed she was so reasonable, these days people will go on the defensive if you look at them wrongly.
    You’re not a cyclist bruv.

lunge

Not great driving but I see much worse every ride I go on. It didn’t give him any real problems, the action was perhaps worth a mind hand gesture but even that is pushing it.

The cyclist however is bang out of order, no need for that kind of attitude at all, idiotic behavior and the kind of thing that means motorists have an even more negative view of us cyclists.

martinhutch

Totally pointless overtake, but not worth any more than a quick salute and a bit of under-the-breath muttering. Not even close to being a left hook.

You’d have to be mentally unstable to pursue and harangue someone like that. I’m guessing he wouldn’t have bothered if it had been a bloke in a van.

He’s so focused on having a rant at her that he doesn’t even acknowledge the second driver who passes him on the pinch point in identical fashion.

thecaptain
    Free Member

It’s possible to pick fault with the driver – overtaking at the island is the obvious one though (though there seemed an acceptable amount of space), she seemed pretty well clear for the turning. Nothing worth getting worked up over.

Pook

Has Mr Vigilante responded to any criticism?

nickjb
    Free Member

Rubbish bit of driving. Suprised (and sort of not suprised) that it is seen as fine and doing nothing wrong. Probably explains why driving standards are so low when it comes to being considerate to other road users. Cyclist does seem a bit unhinged but I suspect that comes from having to deal with drivers like this and far worse on a daily basis.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 42 total)

The topic ‘who is at fault?’ is closed to new replies.