Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 178 total)
  • who here is pretending to be someone else and libelling me online?
  • cynic-al
    Free Member

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowUserReviews-g186525-d6619264-r269429294-Cortado-Edinburgh_Scotland.html#review269429294

I appreciate I upset people on here but I would never stoop this low – this attack on me has nothing to do with the subject in question either..nor the person you are pretending to be.

Please reveal yourself (some chance for someone this low) and get it taken down.

If I have issues with people on here I email them about it…like an adult…please feel free to do the same.

scaredypants

Question is, who put up the review about shouting at a cyclist, and do you also want that taken down ? It’s clearly related to (and my money’s on directly based on) your recent thread

There’s no win on that entire page

binners

That’s shit Al!! A proper ****s trick!

Most people on here are brilliant. The ones you meet are anyway. I doubt it’s anyone up front. It’ll be some snivelling, lurking little weasel!!!

I had some spineless little **** off here pull a similar snidely, devious stunt on me a few years back. If you’re not prepared to say something to someone’s face, but you’re prepared to pull stunts like this, hiding behind a keyboard, then you’re a cowardly little worm. It’s really that simple!

Rise above it fella!

Rickos
    Free Member

So if it isn’t TJ somebody is being pretty nasty stirring up trouble between you and Teej. I know you have history, but still, that’s not nice.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Can’t you just pull it down or make a complaint to TripAdvisor ??

Not me BTW, cross me off your list 😆

ampthill

That is a step too far.

I often wonder if trip Advisor should allow the one review member

bubs

I assumed it was just the owner of the cafe.

Drac

What the funk?

That’s pretty low and cheap shot by both businesses or whoever is involved.

gnusmas

That is one of the lowest forms of low.

If I have issues with people on here I email them about it…like an adult…please feel free to do the same.

This.

theocb
    Free Member

I appreciate I upset people on here

Perhaps you could work on this.. then maybe these childish games will vanish from your empty life. 💡

camo16
    Free Member

That’s crap, but why do you think it’s a STW-er, Al? Have I missed something?

EDIT: oh, I thought it was the original complaint, not the most recent post from “Jeremy”… wow. 😯

scotroutes

TJ wouldn’t do that but it’s obviously someone who knows enough about Al, TJ and TJs real name. Prat in any case.

allthepies
    Free Member

Poor form. Obviously someone who’s been on here for a while and has a grudge against the OP.

Doesn’t narrow it down much does it 😈

colournoise

Guessing the use of the phrase ‘big hitter’ is a reasonable clue?

bearnecessities

None of that adds up.

I’m going with you being the author.

😀

cloudnine
    Free Member

I dont understand whats happened.. My grasp is Al works/owns bike shop and gives out free coffee, adjusts threaded headsets and will bleed an avid brake for a half a packet of Jaffa cakes. After the visit to the Als bike barn you have a run in with a local cafe owner who doesnt give free re-fills or let you chain your bike to his sign.

I havent been paying attention at the back..

Torminalis
    Free Member

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

collinstiffee
    Free Member

it says “street sign”. If someone complained to me about chaining my bike to a post I think I’d remind them the sign belongs to local authority and That I will report them to the police and LA for being…

Oh, I don’t know the history of the story either.

kcal

The Edinburgh defence?

Not me either, for the record, know “of” Al, TJ and several other big hitters but never met any of ’em..

tthew

There’s a link there to “ask Jeremy P about Cortado”. Why not try it and see who replies?

Teetosugars
    Free Member

That is shit, it’s gotta be said.

Pretty funny tho, but yeah.. A bit shit.

nickc

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

This, by your own admission you upset peope

I don’t wish you ill, but maybe have a think about it?

ojom
    Free Member

Nick, that’s a shitty thing to come out with. Wind it in.

There is a big difference between an open forum spat and this.

Al, contact TA if you haven’t already and see if they can help.

convert

Confused (not hard) – assuming you are ‘Alan Cole’? How would anyone here know that?

Were you directly responsible for the poor review from ‘AlastairSn’ or was it from a genuine random member of the public that you have nothing to do with? Or is that a wind up too? And is ‘Jeremy P’ the real TJ or a pseudo TJ, or just another Jeremy?I is confused.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Nick, that’s a shitty thing to come out with. Wind it in.

There is a big difference between an open forum spat and this.

Aye, true enough Mark.

Apologies Al.

What I should’ve said was ” it’s quite an accurate description tho” 😉

But yeah, the act of trolling is beyond shit.

Drac

Confused (not hard) – assuming you are ‘Alan Cole’? How would anyone here know that?

Lots of people do though.

Were you directly responsible for the poor review from ‘AlastairSn’

I really doubt he was that’s the issue.

ojom
    Free Member

Nick, not you, Nickc I meanot sorry.

catfood
    Free Member

I used to post and come on this forum pretty regularly until a few years ago, now I rarely visit.

This was in large part to due to about ten posters on here, of which Al was one, who poisoned the place with constant trolling and plain nastiness, so I simply stopped visiting, obviously others felt the same way but stayed and now that has spilled over into the real world, which is pretty sad.

I think some posters on here need to take a long hard look at themselves.

duckman

Wow,that a whole new level of nasty!

andyl
    Free Member

I am guessing that as the original slating review was made by someone called Alastair they assumed it was Al hence the response.

Maybe that original bad review is legit, maybe it is someone stirring it up as a result of the thread on here. First one is fine if genuine, second not.

The response on the other hand is completely OTT.

cynic-al
    Free Member

I posted the previous review under a false name as I’d been threatened with violence by the staff.

why do you think it’s a STW-er, Al?

Who else would use JeremyP as an alias, know my name (easily found not on my mom profile) and link it to my thread here?

wanmankylung
    Free Member

Not me either.

Not TJ either I wouldnt think – he might be many things, but he wouldnt stoop that low.

scaredypants

The really OTT bit is naming the shop – I suppose that may jeopardise Al’s jpb

The original “review” is suspect IMO (edit: I see Al’s now owning up to that) and a pretty low trick (remains a low trick IMO) from somebody; the “response” is worse but then that’s what happens when people start **** about – things escalate

Drac

I posted the previous review under a false name as I’d been threatened with violence by the staff.

Well that’s me hanging up the deerstalker.

boblo
    Free Member

Then it all falls into my place… So Al, you posted the previous Alastair review on TA about the shouting, swearing etc under a pseudonym? Is that a ‘review’ of a competitor? Someone else then did the same and you accused them of libel? Is that right?

Hmm…

aracer
    Free Member

Not sure if I’ve quite understood this, but AFAIK:

al works for EBC, not Cafe Cortado
    the AlastairSn review is a troll based on http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/would-you-go-to-the-police-trackworld – I presume that isn’t you al, as your post is first person and the review third person, so who is it?
    the JeremyP review is a troll having a go at al – is definitely not TJ, even if he did have anything against al, not only would he not do something like that, it’s not his posting style at all

Have I got that right?

edit: al posted while I wrote that, all now becomes clear

slackalice
    Free Member

Reaping what you sow is now springing to my mind having now read the disclosure by the OP.

wanmankylung
    Free Member

Is that right?

No.

scaredypants

aracer – Member
    Have I got that right?

About half, I’d say

boblo
    Free Member

Have I got that right?

No, try again slow coach 😀

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 178 total)

The topic ‘who here is pretending to be someone else and libelling me online?’ is closed to new replies.