• This topic has 93 replies, 71 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by Taff.
Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 94 total)
  • Who here has only one bike?
  • racing_ralph
    Free Member

Only have the one – Ragley MMMBop and am loving it!

RealMan
    Free Member

Yeah, looks great doesn’t it..

Probably wasn’t me today yunki, sorry to disappoint. Just found out we were out towards cullompton (assuming budleigh cycle path is in budleigh).

chamley
    Free Member

One’s all you need! I’ve got a Giant STP with some 100mm fox forks.

I use a silly long seatpost for XC and commuting to work, which it’s probably not designed for but it works but it’s also mint at the BMX track and at 4X races. I love it! I couldn’t imagine swapping between bikes and having to get used to them again, this does it all.

yunki
    Free Member

hmmmm… that IS disappointing news.. it means that there are TWO people in East Devon sporting nuclear strength eyeball assaulting jerseys..

ouch

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

I only have the one bike set up for offroad my second MTB is set up as a commuter most of the time

xc hardtail

bellerophon
    Free Member

Just one MTB here, a Genesis Abyss.

Ringo
    Free Member

i have 2 a cotic soul and a sir niner. I am going to sell the soul as since i got the niner i never use it anymore. Its a shame cause its a great bike but pointless if its unused 🙁

mintimperial

Having only got back into mountain biking recently, after quite a few years away, I have just the one bike. (That is unless you count the 15-year-old Marin that’s sitting in storage in two cardboard boxes waiting until I have a spare month or two to renovate it.)

It’s a 100mm travel hardtail, for the record.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

ohhh get her

well I took it to spain last week weighing more than some WC DH bikes! Even with skinny wheels and tyres and 1″ less travel and a good 50mm off the fork height it still felt uninspiring in comparison on the chilterns, I know a skinny bike wont make the trails great but at least it’ll make them quicker.

RealMan
    Free Member

Sounds like someone’s a little jealous… 😀

Where abouts do you usually ride?

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Ohh and it’ll never be 1 bike, the rest will probably condense to a 4x bike (replacing the 456 and BMX) and I might condense the roadie, tourer and fixie down to just the roadie.

Johnbot
    Free Member

Intense tracer for me and that’s all I seem to need at the minute

nickc

Like RealMan I just have Chameleon. It’s all you need.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Chilterns for long XC rides and Swinley for when I fancy some corners and the odd bit of technical fun.

TBH the stuff in Spain kicks anything in the UK into touch, now I just have to ride arround knowing that it’ll be a year before I get to go back 🙁

PlumzRichard
    Free Member

Njee why you ditching the mtb’s?

yunki
    Free Member

realman:

[looks over shoulder to make sure no-one’s listening] mostly I pootle the coastpath [/looks over shoulder to make sure no-one’s listening]

but also pretty regular at Woodbury Common and East Dartmoor..

lowey

Me. just the one.

hainman
    Free Member

only one for me ht genesis core20,never had a fs so i dont know what im missing!!!

RealMan
    Free Member

Ok, give us a shout if you do see me (cause I like the idea of you just randomly shouting at cyclist with red tops on).

Its annoying, been here for 2 weeks now (is that all?), and still haven’t made it to exmoor or dartmoor. Can’t wait though, got a little taste of the moors at woodbury, aching for more. It’s also weird not living right next to the sea any more, kind of missing it – might have to get out and give the coastpath a go if its worth it?

iBaa
    Free Member

Commencal Meta 5.5 XT for trails when a bit of bounce is needed.
    Cove Stiffee for everything else, including biking to work..

yunki
    Free Member

I like the coast path a lot.. it’s cheeky (very in places) but there’s some stunning singletrack to be found if you persevere.. walkers are usually very graceful and friendly though and often just bemused that anyone would be daft enough to cycle it..

(note: walkers are definitely not so welcoming along busier parts of the jurassic coast section as it’s a designated world heritage site now)

I look forward to yelling REALMAAAAN at random red jerseyed cyclists.. I’ll report back with any amusing misunderstandings..

CalamityJames
    Free Member

I have one bike, an Orange 5. I keep threatening to get a hardtail for winter but the 5 is so much fun, I don’t need another bike.

rusty-trowel
    Free Member

Only one mountain bike, a slot drop inbred built lightish with gears.

My other bikes (Ti roadbike, race bmx) do completely different jobs, so no cross-over.

RealMan
    Free Member

I look forward to yelling REALMAAAAN at random red jerseyed cyclists.. I’ll report back with any amusing misunderstandings..

😀

bol

Just the one mtb for me now; a cotic soda. After faffing around with different bikes for different jobs I found one that will cope amusingly with 95% of the off road riding I’m ever likely to want to do. It also helps me stay married that my total bike count is only three. My only problem is that I love it so much I can’t stop buying jewelery for it.

trout
    Free Member

Just one for me but can borrow the wifes new MMMbob I have just built her if needed.

er so does this mean more than one bike and am on a slippery slope to multi bike ownership

shinsplints

Just one. Charge Duster 8.
    Simples.

keefus
    Free Member

Just the one here as well….Orange evo 2

cinnamon_girl

I wish I could. 😳

Probably the most sensible one to keep would be my Soul … but I’m a woman. 🙄

GlitterGary
    Free Member

Me, at least one that’s rideable, it’s even a Carrera, shock horror. I’ve also got a Mongoose Amplifier (Amp), Raleigh Burner, and a ’97 Specialized Rockhopper, all in various states of disrepair.

Shame on me.

HansRey

crazy fool, one mtb? You may aswell SS it, ghetto tubeless, wear sandles and chase the moles in your garden with a pitchfork reciting Haiku’s. Hippy

Northwind

Only got one mtb just now, my Hemlock… Mmmbop is getting replaced under warranty, Soul is in a box, carrera rigid thing has 2 knackered wheels.

seth-enslow666
    Free Member

Got a Sanderson Breath for XC, single track off road mincing. 100mm forks. Got a light weight 29er set up rigid front and skinny tyres sort of a CX bike with flat bars and disc brakes.

I would like one but its good for road riding the 29r and will be more use in the winter on the roads and can be run in the summer on most of the trails. Leave the 26er with wider proper off road tyres and a 1×9 speed gear setup for the winter and more proper off road style riding.

I reckon 2 bikes is the best combo of getting some use out of them and
    being practical. having 5 bikes and what not is daft as you never will get your moneys worth out of all that gear.

tomstickland
    Free Member

I’ve done 5 years with a Cove Stiffee. Run it with downhill tubes and 2.5 tyres for downhill style stuff, and 2.3 tyres for cross country.
    My concern is that I’m starting to smash myself up riding a hardtail, so going to go over to full suss some time.

ahwiles
    Free Member

spoon; so, you’re suggesting buying a full-bouncer for the ‘easy’ stuff down south, and keeping your hardtail for the ‘proper’ stuff up north?

i can see nothing wrong with that logic.

well done, keep it up.

(i’ve got 2 mountain bikes, a bluepig and a Dh bike FS thing, but i haven’t ridden that in months…

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

i can see nothing wrong with that logic.

well done, keep it up.

True, but up north (or abroad, or an uplift) I’d pick something interesting to ride that would leave me knackered in 15-20miles with at least half of that consisting of the ploding up/hammering down variety of riding. Where as down here its more bumpy bridleway climb followed by bumpy (but non technical) decent, which just hammers my backside and lower back.

balfa
    Free Member

Just a Morning Glory here. Its light, strong and perfectly adequate for all riding but I’d still have more bikes if they weren’t so bloody expensive!

enduro-aid
    Free Member

only one for me

A 2004 sworks enduro, it has done everything i have ever asked of it and is bloody bombproof. Ride it all year round

will prob replace it next year with another enduro

emac65
    Free Member

Only one bike…?….(shudders)….. 😯

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

Our two year old only has one bike – an Islabike Rothan.

Me and wife have a couple each.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 94 total)

The topic ‘Who here has only one bike?’ is closed to new replies.