Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • who hasn't been kiddy fiddling?
  • alpin
    Free Member

sat listening to 6music and there was a stream of names mentioned in the news in relation to supposed kiddy fiddling….

why? and why does it seems that just about every TV presenter is/was at it?

wwaswas

I don;t want to make a big thing of it but calling what’s alleged ‘kiddy fiddling’ isn’t really appropriate, imo.

Sexual assault, rape, paedophilia are all apprpriate, though.

bigyinn
    Free Member

Because they were and a blind eye was turned, “because everyone was at it”?

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Yep, still time for a title edit.

robgclarkson
    Free Member

if you’re a child molester, it makes sense to get a job with other child molesters, where you can come into regular contact with children (to molest)….

jivehoneyjive
    Free Member

Depends who you believe… rumour has it even worse things have been going on and there is a massive cover up by the intelligence services; if you do your homework, it seems to ring true:

http://www.exaronews.com/articles/5174/met-s-vip-paedophiles-probe-turns-into-murder-investigation

Shocking as it seems, this appears to be barely scratching the surface of an international case with many strands… with the advent of secret courts, we may never know the full extent of publicly funded evil which has occurred.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

This guy. So far, anyway…

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

We were up at Hay’s Galleria this morning, right next to Southwark Court house. It was a who’s who of 1970’s kids tv going in one after another.

Pretty disturbing. Of course none have been convicted yet (unless you’re the Daily Wail), but still.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

if you’re a child molester, it makes sense to get a job with other child molesters, where you can come into regular contact with children (to molest)….

I suspect you’ve got the chicken and egg the wrong way arround, very little chance of becoming a TV presenter, far easier careers to get into (working in the childrens homes involved for example) they just lived in an untouchable celebrity bubble which made it easy for them. I’d hypothesise that power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely. Which unfortunately raises the question that in a world without laws, would this would be far more common, even normal?

Smudger666

the issue I have is that the celebs charged (not convicted yet dont forget) come from the era of my childhood heroes and it has me wondering about all of them when they appear on TV again.

A recent celebrity pointless had half a dozen blue peter presenters on from the 70/80’s and I wondered (with absolutely no evidence other than they were all tarred with the same brush) who was one.

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Which unfortunately raises the question that in a world without laws, would this would be far more common, even normal?

Did you hear that stuff about ‘sugar daddies’ in south africa, young teenage girls being used by men for sex in exchange for school fees all with the parents blessing. Use of rape as a control of child soldiers etc. (not judging, we live in a pretty comfortable bubble here and it’s a hard hard world for 90% of the population). It’s happening alright, every minute of every day.

verses

A recent celebrity pointless had half a dozen blue peter presenters on from the 70/80’s and I wondered (with absolutely no evidence other than they were all tarred with the same brush) who was one.

I was saddened to find myself thinking similarly when watching Bernard Cribbins on Dr Who recently…

As for the thread titled “Gower”, I feared David had now been implicated…

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

Celebrity Dead Pool is dead
    Long live Celebrity Peado Pool

maccruiskeen

why? and why does it seems that just about every TV presenter is/was at it?

from all the people you’ve seen on TV (or in the case of today’s news – heard on radio) in the last, say, 40 years can you name more than ten who’ve been charged? How many of those have been convicted?

How would things stack up if we sorted all the cases of indecent behaviour over same period by trade and profession. Would television presenters rank higher or lower in terms of cases per employee than bin men or estate agents or joiners or farmers?

Depends who you believe.

You can always choose the news that agrees with you

jivehoneyjive
    Free Member

You can always choose the news that agrees with you

Just as several years later, you can find that often as not, contemporary news stories have been covering up the full extent of any number of scandals… no real surprise since almost all mainstream media is controlled at the highest levels by members of the ruling classes who have interests in maintaining the status quo and a huge amount of news is stifled by a legal framework which prevents a great many truths ever surfacing for fear of public disorder.

globalti
    Free Member

I entertained a visitor from Ghana yesterday and we finished up in the Old Monkey in Portland Street for a couple of pints of Joey Holt’s best. From a reserved character in business he began to loosen up and chat about family life in Ghana, taking me closer than ever to a glimpse of the pressures on people like him. He reckoned that alcoholism is rampant and a significant number of children are born in Africa as a result of drunken rape, he himself had no idea who his father was and the traditional large African rural family can contain a fairly wide range of genes. The modern two parents-two kids family is still rare and confined to professional people working in big cities and living a fairly isolated lifestyle by African standards.

mrchrispy

when operation yewtree is over it may turn out that the the only 70/80s entertainer that wasnt actually a sex pest was benny hill!!!

5thElefant
    Free Member

How about Emu?

mrchrispy

he’s a victim

scotroutes

If Emu was up to kiddy fiddling, I bet Rod Hull had a hand in it

cranberry
    Free Member

Woppit – What is Jim Bowen doing in that dress ?

5thElefant
    Free Member

If Emu was up to kiddy fiddling, I bet Rod Hull had a hand in it

😆

MoreCashThanDash

Can I just point out that some of those charged have not been charged with offences against children?

I know the charges are still very serious, but I’m sure Singletracks lawyers would like us to ensure we have our facts straight.

mrmoofo

Some of the events go back to 1968
    How do you get proof?
    How do you know who to believe?

Just playing devils advocate but spurned teenager stitches up start and holds grunge into her 50s is quite plausible

Mind you, I have always hated DLT

derekfish
    Free Member

And where there’s blame there’s a claim, how much of this would be going on if we were not in an era of com pen say shun..

What I can’t understand is how come nobody has had a go at Jagger and the Stones and many of the other Pop groups of the period, including McCartny, they were all at it.

warton
    Free Member

How do you know who to believe?

Just playing devils advocate but spurned teenager stitches up start and holds grunge into her 50s is quite plausible

one girls word against one mans word, and I’m pretty sure the case wouldn’t get to court…

5, 10, 15 girls words against one mans word, it’s going to court, and he’s more than likely getting found guilty.

CountZero

I’m still trying to see how that video of DLT on TOTP proves anything; he obviously had his arm around one teenager cuddling her, but I can’t see how that was sexual assault, and there were people behind as well.

Just as several years later, you can find that often as not, contemporary news stories have been covering up the full extent of any number of scandals… no real surprise since almost all mainstream media is controlled at the highest levels by members of the ruling classes who have interests in maintaining the status quo and a huge amount of news is stifled by a legal framework which prevents a great many truths ever surfacing for fear of public disorder.

You are kaesae, and I demand my five pounds!
    If the meeja is that tightly controlled by the ‘ruling classes’ (Murdoch? Seriously?), then how come it’s the meeja that has exposed this?

failedengineer

Wouldn’t it be good if all those hideous Radio1 ‘DJs’ from the 80s were implicated? Mike Read, Simon Bates, Gary Davies, Steve Wright, ‘Kid’ Jensen. Especially Mike Read – I’d bring back the death penalty for him. Maybe stick ’em all in a special wing in Strangeways and make them listen to each other’s inane crap and taste in music? For life (or 100 years). Rant over.

konabunny
    Free Member

And where there’s blame there’s a claim,

Argh! If you’re going to be a smug tosser that casts doubt on people who report sexual assaults when you don’t know ANY of the facts of the events, you could at least have a clue about what you’re saying. A sexual assault decades ago will not result in any civil compensation because the claims are time-barred.

It’s no surprise that most sexual assault goes unreported and unprosecuted when there are people ready to smear the few who do report it.

MoreCashThanDash

So why were the BBC and NHS gearing to deal with potential claims for their complicity with Savile? I thought the clock started ticking when you knew you could claim, so if people have only just found out they could claim…?

I may be wrong of course.

jivehoneyjive
    Free Member

Why was it that the Police chief originally in charge of the investigation was suddenly replaced?

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/police-chief-peter-spindler-quits-1816009

And why has there been no satisfactory explanation for Savile’s extensive links with the majority of the most powerful figures in the country, for which he must surely have been vetted?

http://thisdarknessmustend.blogspot.co.uk/2013/03/jimmy-savile-who-was-protecting-him-for.html

He even had links to Arnold Schwarzenegger FFS!!

http://thesumpplug.blogspot.co.uk/2012/11/captain-beefcake.html

PJM1974
    Free Member

We need to be mindful of the fact that investigations are ongoing – until someone is convicted in a court then any events, however distasteful they might be, remain in the “alleged” category. There’s the possibility that a defendant might be found innocent and still have their career tainted.

Is it really appropriate for people here to express hope that their least favourite 1980s celebrities are found to have abused children, simply because we found them annoying back in the day?

scotroutes

I think there’s more than a slim chance that folk are being a little “tongue in cheek”?

gordimhor

Don’t think the media can take any credit for exposing this. Any credit goes to the victims .

PJM1974
    Free Member

I think there’s more than a slim chance that folk are being a little “tongue in cheek”?

Absolutely! But that doesn’t excuse it being offensive.

failedengineer

How is it offensive? If they’ve done anything wrong it should be exposed. You must admit, a more dodgy looking (and sounding) group of individuals would be hard to find ….

jivehoneyjive
    Free Member

I can’t help but wonder if Smashy and Nicey may have been trying to tell us something…

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JAIWTLal9e4[/video]

derekfish
    Free Member

konabunny – Member
    And where there’s blame there’s a claim,

Argh! If you’re going to be a smug tosser that casts doubt on people who report sexual assaults when you don’t know ANY of the facts of the events, you could at least have a clue about what you’re saying. A sexual assault decades ago will not result in any civil compensation because the claims are time-barred.

But that won’t stop the lawyers racking up costs now will it?

If you were sexually assaulted back then there was no reason any more than now that it couldn’t be reported and don’t give me any of the ‘it was different’ I was there, all that’s changed is the volume of lawyers and the climate for litigation.

jivehoneyjive
    Free Member

OK, I have to admit, even I was hesitant to post this; I appreciate it seems far fetched and is deeply disturbing:

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tLIzNSHDwPs[/video]

Nonetheless, a great deal of evidence exists to support the majority of allegations covered.

PJM1974
    Free Member

How is it offensive? If they’ve done anything wrong it should be exposed. You must admit, a more dodgy looking (and sounding) group of individuals would be hard to find ….

It’s offensive on several levels. Firstly, I find the notion that someone might be branded a pederast because they “look dodgy” deeply unsettling. A bit like this guy. Guilty as hell of rape and murder according to the media.

Secondly, even if you cannot abide the likes of a radio one DJ for example, would the thought of him being caught abusing a child simply be schadenfreude or would the fact that a child been harmed illicit a stronger emotional response in you?

I don’t doubt that there’s been an horrific series of events going on, we need to get it in the open and we need to ensure that it never happens again.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)

The topic ‘who hasn't been kiddy fiddling?’ is closed to new replies.