Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 208 total)
  • Who has the most bling bike here? Photos please…
  • poppa
    Free Member

Just 'cause i'm bored, like. Show us your aspirational bikes, drenched in Yumeya!

tails
    Free Member

gotta be sheldon, SSstu or the pace with pink chris king. mines a looker but not really bling just tried and tested.

postierich
    Free Member

Not bling but simply lush!

tails
    Free Member

i reckon brooks is quite bling even though they don't mean it to be.

poppa
    Free Member

Anything decked out in XTR and/or CK seems bling to me…

Very nice Chameleon.

Hadge
    Free Member

Way off the blingest here but mine would have been my Merlin Oreas. Ti frame, XTR M970 chainset/cassette/front mech SRAM X0 shifters/rear mech Tune hubs on ZTR rims/Control Tech Ti skewers Easton EC90SL bars and seatpost Avid Ultimates with Hope floating rotors CK Rasta headset Ritchey WCS stem/grips. Stunning ride and at 21.3lb a flyer too

craig1975
    Free Member

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Postie's blue beastie is one of the finest looking bikes on here. Nto sure it's really bling, but it is lovely!

Oh, and XT equipped bikes simply cannot be "bling". XTR or X0 as a bare minimum standard.

RealMan
    Free Member

Well everyone knows they're more interested in chameleons then anything else, so here we go..

Only missing xtr chainset I think.

epicsteve
    Free Member

Not particularily bling by STW standards but it does have a fair bit of XTR (chainset, rear mech, shifters and brakes).

tails
    Free Member

Oh, and XT equipped bikes simply cannot be "bling". XTR or X0 as a bare minimum standard

thats certainly a start i just think there is more to it, on my bike the nearist it gets to bling is the xtr cranks, velo solo SS conversion and DaKine ganga grips everything else is just to none bling.

A chameleon frame can be bling but it must be polished or anodized none of the above are. all nice but not bling.

those matchmakers CFH harps on about are bling as there not needed, black thomson not bling, silver bling. black and silver CK not bling coloured CK bling

hadges bikes on the way, and craigs pedals have a certain unusualness. Possibly posties cranks but there a bit shapeless.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

those matchmakers CFH harps on about are bling as there not needed,

😆

Does anyone here have any Yumeya or XX yet, though? Surely that's the epitome of mainstream bling? OK, there are such lunacy items as Retromechs like Pauls, or the new school madness of 5Rot (in German only) I suppose.

grumm
    Free Member

Hadge I think that's the only superlight bike I have seen that looks like it would actually be fun to ride.

0091paddy
    Free Member

I see no real bling so far, but some nice looking bikes 😉 Very nice Merlin btw. My kind of bike. Still waiting for my frame to arrive, so no piccie from me just.

Inspiration though?

postierich
    Free Member

Headbadge blingness

shredder
    Free Member

Once again not sure about the most bling but these were nice

Now replaced by

Simply stunning to ride

stuartie_c
    Free Member

You can't beat a bit of Italian flair:

(Well, I saw it in the town of Sarentino in the Alto Adige)

tails
    Free Member

that look bike probably has a fair bling proportion, but it looks bleugh. custom headtube badge thats bling, ibis frame bling also.

Thing with bling is its not always a good thing, I prefer to know my components are not going to snap, of course the two can be combined.

andyl46
    Free Member

Not completely tricked out yet, but Tune hubs, X-0, carbon and thompson. On a 5" Ti full susser. 26 and a bit lbs, ridden by a 16 stone talentless eejit…

eistrar
    Free Member

My Cannondale Rush

firestarter
    Free Member

gotta be my super commuter 😉 well it will be my commuter once my new posting comes thru im a little too close to bother at the min as im posted 50 yards from my place 😉

My bike (or similar) rrp'd at £4k a year ago, yet there's not one component on it I'd describe as bling – although mine doesn't have the XTR chainset of the stock bike. The blingiest item I suppose is the S-Works carbon frame.

Spec:

Carbon frame
    Spesh boingy bits – forks rrp at a grand, although there have been issues with them for many folk
    XT drivetrain/XTR front mech
    Thomson post
    Roval Traversee wheels
    Hope Tech M4's
    CB Mallet pedals
    SRAM PG/PC990/991 chain & cassette
    Easton EA50 bars
    Spoon saddle

BigDummy
    Free Member

That LOOK is fantastic. Saw one of those on Leatherhead station a couple of weeks ago. Jaw. Dropped.

tails
    Free Member

I feel this thread has gone a little off topic, Sheldon to the forum please.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Reflectors = BlingFail

Thomohawk
    Free Member

Hey!

I like to think my five is pretty bling – especially with it's completely unnecessary vented floaters…

Failing that, the missus' factory pimped Zesty turns a few heads…

His 'n' hers… 😀

firestarter
    Free Member

lol i thought you were talking to me even tho i was pss taking but no the dale has them lol

Candodavid
    Free Member

Custom 853 Curtis has turned a few heads, weighing in at 21.5lb, rides like a dream, convinced me to get another hardtail geary and sell the Flux

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

that Ibis is doing it for me, love the look of the Mojo frame, and white is THE colour for pimp bikes. My fave STW bike so far.

Ti full sus should be a dictionary definition for Bling, but the collection of rear linkages on that litespeed is giving me a headache (no offence andy, I have a love of Ti bikes and am just bitter beyond words).

andrewh
    Free Member

19-and-a-bit-pounds full suss.

druidh
    Free Member

I have Yumeya on my Blur XCC – but just the chain.

Dimmadan
    Free Member

Bikes that replaced the car

1 & 2, (Trek EX8 and Merida FLX3500D)

3, (2006 Giant Trance 2)

4, Jump Bike (Giant STP Zero)

Removed due to the sensitive nature of the forum.

tails
    Free Member

F-off is a saxo bling, this thread is dead.

stoney
    Free Member

Let`s see if i can bring this thread back to life…. ❓ It was mentioned in the beginning, so here it is……

And the geared one……

And both together.

Do i win ❓

sheldona
    Free Member

Bling then is it? Here's a couple.

Maverick Durance, full XTR group King wheels, Thomson.

Indy Fab, full XTR King Wheels and heatset silver headbadge, Thomson collar and cuffs.

Spot Brand SS, King Wheels, King Ti Headset silver Badge, custom paint and decals, custom silver stem stacker, Boone Ti rings, Thomson collar and cuffs.

Indy Fab SS, King wheels, headset and BB all in Mango to match the candy paint, 650B wheels, Boone Rings, Thomson collar and cuffs, silver headbadge with 4 mango sapphires mounted.

bigdugsbaws
    Free Member

Proper bling!

overthehill
    Free Member

….in the eye of the beholder and all that, but that Pace is flat out ugly.

Not pretty at all.

'Hang a pork chop around it's neck so there's a chance the local dogs will play with it' ugly.

druidh
    Free Member

Stoney – you win the sick bucket.

hora
    Free Member

Why did I sell that pink king headset 🙁

hora
    Free Member

Why did I sell that pink king headset 🙁

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 208 total)

The topic ‘Who has the most bling bike here? Photos please…’ is closed to new replies.