Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 106 total)
  • Who has the most annoying voice in the world?
  • binners

Everyone must have someone. You know the ones. From the second they open their gob, the sound emitted is like nails down a blackboard to you. Like having white noise played to you in a shipping container. I’m not on about the content (though god knows, with my nomination, thats a major factor as well)

Its become an issue as, during the recent floods/end of the world, I seem to have been treated to it on apparently hourly basis as he shoe-horns his massive polished forehead into every news broadcast, with that earnest look of concern all over his massive podgy head. There’s been no bloody escape from it.

David Sodding Cameron!!!

I know why too. Its the enunciation. Its like he’s v-e-r-y s-l-o-w-l-y, and FIRMLY, explaining, for the 3rd time, to a particularly dim Spanish waiter, that he would like the olives, not the olive oil

Every time I hear his condescendingly articulated tones I want to hacksaw my own ears off and hurl them into another dimension

Who’s yours then?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Robert Peston.

Hohum
    Free Member

Eminem.

AdamW
    Free Member

I’m with CFH on this. I think Peston is a very bright man but his delivery is really awkward.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

half of STW, I have no idea what you all actually sound like but in my head is like some bloke from reading called colin with leather driving gloves who used to be an engineer…

After that the population of the west midlands and america

torsoinalake
    Free Member

Sara Cox.

Olly Murs.

lemonysam
    Free Member

ekow eshun

JefWachowchow
    Free Member

The fat lad from Gavin and Stacey, now doing the ‘we buy any car’ adverts on the radio.
    Jeepers he makes my skin crawl.

And Jane Horrocks

legend
    Free Member

Janet Street Porter

YoKaiser
    Free Member

Steve Wright + ensemble

camo16
    Free Member

Michael McIntyre or this chap I know who lives down our street at No. 29. He knows who he is.

organic355
    Free Member

suburbanreuben
    Free Member

Julia gillard, ex PM of Australia.
    Or most Australian women TBH…

hooli

Chris Moyles

badllama
    Free Member

Another one for Nick Grimshaw just want to punch him in the face every time I hear him 😈

kimbers

when they stopped doing the funny voiceover from the fatcha years and you heard his real voice- the dreariest ever

ton

Clarkson
    shoplifter maddeley
    paxman
    Robert peston

rewski
    Free Member

I’m with you with Robert Peston, unfortunately he’s become a bit of a template for reporters.

AlexSimon

Rosie Perez. Love her in films, but still…

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlAp2YlyjRE?t=1m20s[/video]

beefheart
    Free Member

Alan Carr.

brakes
    Free Member

Timothy Spall in the Wickes radio advert

WWWhhhiiiiiiiiiickes.
    Wwwwwhhhhhiiiiiiiiiiiiickes.

NO! it’s Wickes.
    punchfacepunchfacepunchfacepunchfacepunchfacepunchfacepunchface

Junkyard
    Free Member

Robert Peston

Harsh – Interesting he got two votes [ and one whilst I typed]
    The theme to the archers and the intro to religious propaganda thought for the day

Alan Grenn ?? is it him – 5 live commentator who is the football worlds clarkson- unlike the great jezzer he is not playing a role

frogstomp

Brian the robot

cheekyboy
    Free Member

David Cameron, Jeremy Vine, Peter Allens grunts and snorting on live radio, Victoria Derbyshire sounds like she cant be bothered unless whoever shes talking to is either terminally ill or destitute whereupon she sounds too concerned !
    Steve Wrights slimy chum who knows everything about everything, the list is endless.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Jeremy Vine.

DezB
    Free Member

Political persuasion aside, I don’t think Cameron is anywhere near as bad as Ed Miliband.

Also, most radio2 DJs: Lily Savage, Alan Carr, Graham Norton, that orange Supermarket Sweep bloke… spot a theme?

johndoh
    Free Member

Ed Balls

zippykona

Laugh wise Jimmy Carr.
    I cant decide just what I hate about Sean Keavney but I hear his voice and turn the radio off.

Travis

My Mother in Law when she is talking to the children.

She stops being ‘normal’ and starts speaking in this high pitch, lengthy repetitive tone, which then the children repeat….

aarrrrggghhhh

user-removed
    Free Member

“Anyfingk for yow, coop cek”

Speeder

Sara Cox +1

I’d be interested in listening to the Sounds of the 80s show on R2 if it wasn’t hosted by that bl00dy woman. I simply can’t fathom how she ever managed to start a career in radio, let alone keep it going this long? It’s not even as if she’s just kept in the same job, someone must love her to keep giving her new gigs.

Her and Barbara Windsor – I hear she’s a lovely woman but that voice . . . . . . . argh!!!

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

I always thought he was the voice for Henry’s Cat.

enfht
    Free Member

Tony Blair

Lyse Doucet

camo16
    Free Member

It’s worth noting that none of you lot have (probably) ever met Danny down our street (No. 29), so, in my head, my suggestion is still winning.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

My irritation with Peston is that what he actually says is highly valid, and excellent reporting, but his voice grates to the extent that I can’t listen to him!

organic355
    Free Member

the guy on this advert, pathetic attempt at a Brummie accent and humor.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_b9r6Q2Ifc[/video]

sbob
    Free Member

I make Barry White sound like Peewee Herman and don’t really like any high pitched voice, Northerners who squeek at warp speed are a particular irritation.

I do however like Peewee Herman. 😀

bikebouy
    Free Member

Jeremy Vine
    Sara Cox
    The bloke sat behind me in the office right now….and he earwigs your every conversation too, git.
    David Attenborough
    Davina McCall
    The gay bloke that used to do Supermarket Sweep
    The gay bloke who does a chat show on a Saturday night and some radio 2 programme on Saturdays ..
    The gay bloke that had someone die in his swimming pool
    Jonathan Ross
    Ken Livingstone
    Tony Blair
    Alistair Darling
    Gordon Brown
    Norman LaMont
    Ant
    Dec

To name just a few.. I will add more as the day progresses.

camo16
    Free Member

Ant, that’s a fair call, but Dec?

nevisthecat
    Free Member

Robert Peston sounds like Agent Smith, but, he has a stutter and apparently it’s how he enunciates in order to deal with it.

Jayne Horrocks – yes love, you’re northern, but not that northern

Maxine Peake’s breathless hyperbole on Radio 6 at the moment. Another one who is over laying the northern bit

and I’m northern.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 106 total)

The topic ‘Who has the most annoying voice in the world?’ is closed to new replies.